2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
I rented Thor on wednesday, I really enjoyed it. Tom Hiddleston and Anthony Hopkins played their parts very well. Hemsworth was good, but TH and AH stole the show

Got that reserved at RedBox right now and am picking it up post-worky.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
I rented Thor on wednesday, I really enjoyed it. Tom Hiddleston and Anthony Hopkins played their parts very well. Hemsworth was good, but TH and AH stole the show

Thor was second to the first Iron Man for superhero movies in the last few years. And it was close.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)
Thor was second to the first Iron Man for superhero movies in the last few years. And it was close.

X-Men/First Class and Captain America were arguably better than Thor.

Hard to beat the first Iron Man, though.

Hard to be much worse than Green Lantern, as well.

I got Xmen first class last night. Kevin Bacon was awesome as Sebastian Shaw, and the story between Magneto and Professor X was well done. I was really disappointed that Beasts voice parts were dubbed over after his transformation, and I am pretty sure his mouth was CGI. Very odd choice.

So far I think Thor and Xmen are 1-2, but I am pretty sure Captain America is going to sweep them both into 2nd and 3rd.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 03:56 AM)
X-Men/First Class and Captain America were arguably better than Thor.

Hard to beat the first Iron Man, though.

Hard to be much worse than Green Lantern, as well.

I DID forget about First Class. It's definitely top 3 with Iron Man and Thor, IMO. At that point, it's hard to distinguish which was best.

QUOTE (Felix @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 09:39 AM)
Agreed. Didn't really come close to the first Iron Man in my book.

Of the Avengers movies, it ranks much closer to the new Incredible Hulk than the top.

Hell, I might as well rank the Avengers movies.

Iron Man (I'll give it the edge because it was the first one)

Thor

-

-

Captain America

-

The Incredible Hulk

-

-

-

-

Iron Man II

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 12:17 AM)

First Class was a much better film (however, I believe it's the 3rd best comic book movie of all-time, so that's a high standard), but I was surprised by how much I did enjoy Thor.

Señor Spielbergo will release Raiders and ET on Blu-Ray with changes that he previously made for the DVD versions undone.

As evidenced by the image above from the 20th anniversary edition of "E.T.," for reasons even Spielberg himself doesn't seem to understand -- likely sensitivity to criticism by parents' groups, who didn't like some of the language he used, and objected to the use of guns, period -- he swapped out the guns carried by the agents pursuing Eliot and his extraterrestrial friend:

"For myself, I tried [changing a film] once and lived to regret it. Not because of fan outrage, but because I was disappointed in myself. I got overly sensitive to [some of the reaction] to E.T., and I thought if technology evolved, [i might go in and change some things]…it was OK for a while, but I realized what I had done was I had robbed people who loved E.T. of their memories of E.T. [...] If I put just one cut of E.T. on Blu-ray and it was the 1982, would anyone object to that? [The crowd yells "NO!" in unison.] OK, so be it."

Lucas supposedly has added another "embellishment" to the Blu-ray star wars versions, with the Emperor yelling "Nooooo" as he falls to his death. Sigh.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
Señor Spielbergo will release Raiders and ET on Blu-Ray with changes that he previously made for the DVD versions undone.

Lucas supposedly has added another "embellishment" to the Blu-ray star wars versions, with the Emperor yelling "Nooooo" as he falls to his death. Sigh.

Palins army must have gotten to him too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)

thats only one of several changes he made recently I believe.