2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weekend I saw Super 8 and X-Men: First Class. Super 8 was ok, but I think it was a let down I was expecting more. X-Men, on the other hand, was great and I think the best of the X-men movies thus far.

As most people are saying about Super 8, the first half is a solid A or A- movie.

The second half is a bit of a disappointment, but just the first half makes it worth watching.

Have seen X-Men: First Class twice and it really stands up as an excellent film. You can argue about the questionable marketing strategies behind both, but both films should stand up pretty well at the box office over the summer due to stronger word of mouth....along with Bridesmaids.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
God I hate that ending.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 02:47 PM)

I dug the ending. Gutsy. Pissed me off in the right way. Didnt need a happily ever after finish.

I liked the ending.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 02:47 PM)

I dug the ending. Gutsy. Pissed me off in the right way. Didnt need a happily ever after finish.

I agree that happily every after endings aren't always the best way to go, but I just mean I hate the ending because it bothered me so much. I can't figure out the right way to explain myself, but I am saying like I felt so uncomfortable and freaked out by the notion of being buried alive, and then just suffocating in sand and not being able to move. Like when the movie ended, I got a really sick feeling in my stomach. Like just thinking of that scenario ending like that freaked me out or something. I'm just rambling now, but I hated the ending for the idea of it happening to me, not because I thought it should have been a happy ending.

Does that make ANY sense? lol. I kind of did to me.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 01:38 AM)

I agree that happily every after endings aren't always the best way to go, but I just mean I hate the ending because it bothered me so much. I can't figure out the right way to explain myself, but I am saying like I felt so uncomfortable and freaked out by the notion of being buried alive, and then just suffocating in sand and not being able to move. Like when the movie ended, I got a really sick feeling in my stomach. Like just thinking of that scenario ending like that freaked me out or something. I'm just rambling now, but I hated the ending for the idea of it happening to me, not because I thought it should have been a happy ending.

Does that make ANY sense? lol. I kind of did to me.

I felt the same way and know what you mean. I felt it ended the right way.

Buried Alive is starting to sound like a movie that's going to be made this offseason about the career of LeBron James and/or Tiger Woods.

Can't remember two global icons in sports cratering like that in tandem.

By the way, has anyone YET to see "MIDNIGHT in Paris" or "The Tree of Life"? Would love to hear your appraisals.

Anyone excited about Green Lantern?

Has anyone been following the prequel to Alien, the movie called "Prometheus"?

http://www.celebrityviplounge.com/charlize...-alien-prequel/

Without knowing much about it at all, “Prometheus” is already one of the most exciting films on the horizon in 2012. What was once considered an “Alien” prequel, “Prometheus” was ultimately announced as a new original idea from director Ridley Scott and screenwriter Damon Lindelof – until leading man Michael Fassbender cleared the air and informed us that “Prometheus” absolutely has direct ties to the “Alien” franchise

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)

Um, now I'm excited. I hadn't heard about this before but this definitely sounds like something I can get behind. Having said that, I am a bit hesitant because that was such a good series in its original form, kind of lost its track with the AVP stuff (AVP:R was an abortion for a film). I hope they get back to the original intent of the story without getting ridiculous like they have in the recent iterations.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)

I'm a big fan of the overall franchise with a couple of turd films notwithstanding, so I am very excited to see what Scott does with this.

I had read rumors that it was about the giant dead alien then find on the crashed ship in Alien 1. I'll be looking forward to seeing what Scott can do with a new Alien film though.

I am extremely excited about this, the aliens are supposed to have a unique look, and the Space Jockeys are supposed to be just awesome looking.

Ridley Scott FTW

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
Um, now I'm excited. I hadn't heard about this before but this definitely sounds like something I can get behind. Having said that, I am a bit hesitant because that was such a good series in its original form, kind of lost its track with the AVP stuff (AVP:R was an abortion for a film). I hope they get back to the original intent of the story without getting ridiculous like they have in the recent iterations.

This IS the origin story, this movie is supposed to be the prequel that lets you in on the reason why the ship crashed that Ripley was sent to investigate.