2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

This is supposedly the plot of the Alien "prequel"

Earth. Year 2058.

Archaeological digs in Africa reveal alien artifacts that suggest humans were genetically engineered by an advanced alien race (space jockeys). These “Alien Gods” also terraformed Earth in order to make it habitable for their human creations. Amongst finds are coordinates to the Alien Gods’ home-world, to Paradise. Months later, the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship Prometheus and its crew, into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than light travel, a few years later the Prometheus enters the Zeta Riticuli star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported further into space to a scary yet fascinating world. The Alien Gods are proud of their “children”, their first creation to reach such levels of intelligence.

As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based technologies with the humans. But for one crew member of the Prometheus it’s not enough. In a treacherous act he steals the “bio-source code” to Terraforming, a technology at the origin of all Gods’ power, that could make humans equal to the gods. The Alien Gods may be scientists, but are also ruthless conquerors, destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals. They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a creature used to “clean up” worlds before colonization. But something goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed of gut-eating creatures. Creatures that will be the demise of Paradise. What’s left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed planet.

On their trail a survivor is an Alien God in very familiar ship with one ultimate mission: Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth.

Ridley Scott, get your ass moving. I want to see this NOW

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Backtracking to the topic of Zach Galifianakis for a second, I highly recommend It's Kind Of A Funny Story to anyone. It's semi-serious, semi-comedic. He's very good in it, but it comes across to me that he might basically be playing himself which is sad when you know what the movie is about.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)

Earth. Year 2058.

Archaeological digs in Africa reveal alien artifacts that suggest humans were genetically engineered by an advanced alien race (space jockeys). These “Alien Gods” also terraformed Earth in order to make it habitable for their human creations. Amongst finds are coordinates to the Alien Gods’ home-world, to Paradise. Months later, the Weyland Corp launch the spaceship Prometheus and its crew, into deep space to make first contact. Thanks to faster than light travel, a few years later the Prometheus enters the Zeta Riticuli star system. Humans are greeted by their makers, then transported further into space to a scary yet fascinating world. The Alien Gods are proud of their “children”, their first creation to reach such levels of intelligence.

As a reward they share bits of their astonishing bio-based technologies with the humans. But for one crew member of the Prometheus it’s not enough. In a treacherous act he steals the “bio-source code” to Terraforming, a technology at the origin of all Gods’ power, that could make humans equal to the gods. The Alien Gods may be scientists, but are also ruthless conquerors, destroyers of worlds who will not accept humans as equals. They unleash on the escaping human crew their favorite bio-weapon, a creature used to “clean up” worlds before colonization. But something goes wrong in the process and humans manage to turn the bio-weapon against their makers. Giving birth to a smarter, nastier, bigger breed of gut-eating creatures. Creatures that will be the demise of Paradise. What’s left of the Prometheus crew manages to escape the doomed planet.

On their trail a survivor is an Alien God in very familiar ship with one ultimate mission: Bring the wrath of the Gods to Earth.

Do the aliens take on the characteristics of the beings from whose chest they break out of or something?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
I can't even remember Alien 3 and forgot all about the "Predalien" in the recent ones.

Their adaptive characteristics were really kind of invented in the comics and books and incorporated into the movies. Its been a pretty cool addition to the story. The Darkhorse alien comics and the books where the Aliens take over Earth are really cool

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 12:37 PM)

Earth. Year 2058.

Better still H. R. Giger is on board to do creature design. Yea!!!

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
Better still H. R. Giger is on board to do creature design. Yea!!!

i cannot wait to see what the Space Jockeys look like

I guess I could handle another Toy Story, they did kind of leave the last movie open for a whole new set of stories. Of course they could also just pick some new toys and voices as well

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
Just watched the new Transformers. I feel like I just watched Michael Bay masturbate to his own bowel movement for 2.5 hours. Goddamnit.

My head hurts. But damn did some Robots throw down.

Hey Marko, I looked for you but couldnt find you :huh

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 11:16 PM)
That was the best Transformers IMO.

Yes it was. Bay couldnt resist injecting his patented cheesiness, but good lord was the fighting awesome. My favorite scene was the highway chase when the 3 escalades came after Sentinel Prime

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 11:21 PM)
Yes it was. Bay couldnt resist injecting his patented cheesiness, but good lord was the fighting awesome. My favorite scene was the highway chase when the 3 escalades came after Sentinel Prime

You'd be the guy to ask these questions.

1.) Was Ironside the tank in the first one?

2.) Who was the old Autobot that gave the soldiers the weapons he made?

3.) Was Stratosphere even in it? I saw that he was supposed to be, and voiced by Uncle Phil, so I was looking for him.

EDIT: Apparently that was the video game.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 12:31 AM)

3.) Was Stratosphere even in it? I saw that he was supposed to be, and voiced by Uncle Phil, so I was looking for him.

You mean Ironhide? Yes he was, he's been in in both of the first two.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 07:30 AM)
You mean Ironhide? Yes he was, he's been in in both of the first two.

No he wasnt. Ironhide has been a suped up GMC Pickup in all three movies

http://www.wallpaperez.info/movie/Transfor...onhide-302.html

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 11:31 PM)

He identified himself as Que in the movie, but on the IMDB it says Que/Wheeljack. He was rather forgettable IMO. Not in a bad way, just kind of there.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 07:55 AM)
No he wasnt. Ironhide has been a suped up GMC Pickup in all three movies

http://www.wallpaperez.info/movie/Transfor...onhide-302.html

He identified himself as Que in the movie, but on the IMDB it says Que/Wheeljack. He was rather forgettable IMO. Not in a bad way, just kind of there.

Wasn't there a tank in the first one?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 08:36 AM)
Wasn't there a tank in the first one?

yeah, but it was a decepticon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Decep...ansformers_film

Transformers film

Megatron - Cybertronian Interstellar Jet

Starscream - F-22 Raptor

Barricade - Police Saleen S281

Frenzy - CD Player / Cell Phone (head only in this mode)

Brawl - Modified M1 Abrams tank (misnamed Devastator in the film, but referred to as Brawl in all other media)[3]

Bonecrusher - Buffalo H military vehicle

Blackout - MH-53M Pave Low IV

Scorponok - Mechanical Scorpion

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 09:16 AM)

I have such a hard time following the Transformers movies because of the constant indecipherable action and the characters obviously being pretty similar looking. I'm fairly positive that Ironhide was the one I liked the most in the first movie, but I honestly am not too sure :lol:

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 11:16 PM)
That was the best Transformers IMO.

I've never left a movie theater mid-movie in my life, yet had I not driven my friend (and to a theater 30 minutes away, thanks middle of nowhere Missouri) I would have left 40 minutes in. And then at 1 hour. And then for the next 1.5 hours. I couldn't stand this movie- absolutely hated it. I enjoyed the second one far more than the third- everything just seemed so disjointed. And trust me, I know how just turn my brain off and enjoy a film for what it wants to be... I saw the Expendables in theaters and loved it.