2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
coming to the same conclusions, where else are you looking? hulu is good for a few shows but not much else.

I also subscribe to Hulu Plus and the movie selection isn't that good, but the TV selection is better, especially for current stuff. I'd still like it if Hulu allowed me to stream more content to my phone or through my TV, but apparently their contracts only allow them to stream some of their content over the web. Makes no difference to me since I have a computer hooked up to my TV, but it's an extra step to deal with. Hulu also is starting to suck because they're adding more and more commercials. It used to be that at most you'd have to watch a 8-10 second commercial at the beginning of the show. Then the moved to being able to watch a minute of commercials before the show, and now they have just straight up commercial breaks. 7.99/month is better than 50 or more for cable, but it still kinda sucks to have to sit through those.

Honestly Netflix for us is only good anymore for the few shows that we can't get through Hulu and don't care to buy. Mainly that would be Showtime/HBO shows like True Blood, Californication, Dexter, etc. 95% of movies that we rent anymore come from the RedBox. Our TV shows come from Hulu. I basically watch random documentaries and old TV shows (Futurama, South Park) and now that it's 16 bucks a month I could probably do without that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 11:12 AM)
Option C - Cancel

Which is what I'll be doing.

Hulu + Red Box is better than paying such an increased rate. I might keep the streaming on Netflix for a couple months to catch up on a couple shows but we'll see.

Or option D for people like me, cancel getting movies in the mail only get streaming save $2. I really think they should have had an option for $9.99 where its streaming and like 3-4 movies per month in the mail.

I just think if they raised prices $2 this year and continually raised them gradually theyd have had a lot less people angry.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jul 14, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
Finding myself growing more and more excited than I thought I'd be to see Harry Potter at midnight tonight.

I took my kids and their friends out for a 24 hour Potter cilm marathon that startwd at 3am yesterday. DH pt 1 just finished the 7th film we have watched and we have a 30 minute intermission before the midnight DH pt.2.

Man i'm going to be wiped out when I have to be at work in a couple of hours.