2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
Sidebar negotiations about a possible arranged marriage between my son and Marko's daughter. The deal fell apart due to "philosophical" reasons on Marko's part. I think that covers it in a nutshell.

He can always throw in a child to be named later.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
Considering that I'm snipped, I don't have much to stand on since this is my only offspring. Marko may have all the leverage.

Wow, terrible negotiating ploy by you right there. Never let that stuff out in the media.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 04:33 AM)
I will be back in two days. Would love to see if someone knows what this is from. Have fun.

Im probably way off because you watch obsure movies, but I will guess. Shadow of the Vampire?

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 10:33 AM)
I will be back in two days. Would love to see if someone knows what this is from. Have fun.

I do, although we already discussed it so I won't spoil it for everyone else.

And no to the above. This one is very obscure though.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

Got to go to an advanced screening of "The Change Up" last night. Went in thinking it would be awful but it is hilarious. It goes too far a couple of times but I liked it a lot and I am still shocked.

Saw a couple movies this weekend...

Adjustment Bureau....a big MEH. Could have been better. It's like they thought "oh! we have this cool idea" and then started filming the movie without thinking about how it all fit together. Kinda disappointed actually because the first 45 min or so were great.

Just Go With It....figured it would be terrible, and it was. At least I got to see a lot of skin from Aniston (so f***ing hot) and Decker (ditto). The cameo by Dave Matthews was also a plus. Otherwise a waste of 1.5 hours.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)
Saw a couple movies this weekend...

Adjustment Bureau....a big MEH. Could have been better. It's like they thought "oh! we have this cool idea" and then started filming the movie without thinking about how it all fit together. Kinda disappointed actually because the first 45 min or so were great.

Yup, exactly. The idea and premise was great. Turning that idea in to a love story? Ehhh, weak. Would have loved if it was a crime, thriller, or about some sort of government cover-up or conspiracy. So many great stories to tell with that idea, and they picked a story about true love. Bahh.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)
I think it is, because the male is considered more valuable. Plus, my boy's a carnivore.

That would be more true if you guys were both Chinese, lol.

Has anyone seen Friends With Benefits yet?

For the record, Brooklyn Decker isn't that hot either. Or maybe models always have a way of coming across so flatly onscreen. I remember way back when when Cindy Crawford tried a movie called "Fair Game" with one of the Baldwin Brothers and it was, quite simply, an unmitigated disaster.

I guess there's always Charlize Theron or Cameron Diaz. They've done well making that same transition.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
I'd envisioned them using creative CGI to make Bane seem much, much larger (but realistically). Perhaps they still will.

I thought Nolan tried avoiding CGI as much as possible in this series.