2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 07:50 AM)
Just be careful not to become the target of that hormone driven rage.

Thats why I had to say something, because she was getting pretty frustrated.. I was thinking it made more sense for some strangers to think I was a dick than have someone I have to see everyday be pissed at me for not saying anything..

but like I said, the movie was pretty cool outside of some peoples loud talking..

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 09:14 AM)
How was the pregnancy sex when you got home? Ha

So does that count as a threesome?? :ph34r:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)
LOL!

I hadn't heard. Congrats, man.

And yeah, I so want to knock my wife up just to have some pregnancy sex. We're still waiting, though.

i fully expect your posts during your wifes pregnancy to be hilarious. And when the kid gets there, epic.

QUOTE (Stocking @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 02:47 PM)
A decent read up on Exit through the Gift Shop. The article is good but read the comment section, John Shorney nails it. I dont see how anyone can think otherwise.

My goodness. Is John Shorney actually Banksy?

I rented Cedar Rapids the other day, it was bad but it wasnt as funny throughout as I would have like it to be considering the cast. John C Reilly was great though, I love his characters in movies.

http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/bo_num...mate/2011-08-20

I thought Cedar Rapids was more good than bad, all things considered with the state of "dark comedies" these days.

Conan the Barbarian, Spy Kids and Fright Night all headed for disastrous openings.

What happened to Jessica Alba's career?? She has the role formerly made famous by Carla Gugino.

I would almost argue Minka Kelly's future is equally as bright, and she really is terrible at acting. (Shhhhh....don't tell Fathom!)

The only one of the four new openings that will make its money back is "One Day," which is struggling to make the Top 10.

By the way, saw THE HELP finally and really enjoyed it...wasn't as good as the book, of course, but I love me some Emma Stone.

On the other hand, she's in almost every movie these days, so she has to watch the Lady Gaga/burnout factor....but I guess when everything's going well with any type of entertainment career, the agents always push overexposure rather than pulling back a bit so the public doesn't tire of the "It Girl/Boy" of the moment.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)
I rented Cedar Rapids the other day, it was bad but it wasnt as funny throughout as I would have like it to be considering the cast. John C Reilly was great though, I love his characters in movies.

It was just so blah. Couple of semi-funny moments in a boring story with boring characters.

Watched "Splice" last night, starring Adrien Brody. I liked the idea of the film but pretty poor execution. I think 85% of the budget went to special effects and the remainder went to signing Brody. The script and supporting cast were lousy.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 12:08 PM)
The only work I've liked of his since THE PIANIST was his tongue-twisting Halle Berry on the stage at the Oscars.

All the rest, pretty much garbage or "B grade" stuff.

Though it wasn't a great film, I thought he was good in King Kong. I also greatly enjoyed him in Predators and the Darjeeling Limted

I have no idea how I went so long without seeing "The Natural", but on Friday night after a late dinner out, I popped it on due to XFINITY's "Preferred Collection" of like 300 older revolving movies they make available.

Holy s***, that movie was awesome. Unsurprisingly, of course. I wish we could see the alternate film where Roy Hobbs doesn't lose 16 years because he got shot.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 08:43 AM)

Language NSFW

Definitely have to see that, that's a date night with the wife movie.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
I have no idea how I went so long without seeing "The Natural", but on Friday night after a late dinner out, I popped it on due to XFINITY's "Preferred Collection" of like 300 older revolving movies they make available.

Holy s***, that movie was awesome. Unsurprisingly, of course. I wish we could see the alternate film where Roy Hobbs doesn't lose 16 years because he got shot.

That would be intensely boring. Why not just watch some highlight reels for 2 hours from real baseball? The movie is empty if he doesn't get shot.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 08:38 AM)
Definitely have to see that, that's a date night with the wife movie.

That would be intensely boring. Why not just watch some highlight reels for 2 hours from real baseball? The movie is empty if he doesn't get shot.

Plus they completely changed the ending from the book. He's supposed to strikeout at the very end.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
Wow, really? I had no idea. Damn, that would have killed the movie.

Yeah. I haven't read the book in a long time, but I recall that it was something like going full circle. Hobbs struck out the best player in the game when he was really young (The Whammer), and the same thing happened to him later. I believe the pitcher that struck him out was even called Youngblood or Youngberry or something like that. Like NSS said, it worked better in the book than it would've in a movie. Kenny "The Genius" Williams (I hope the filter's still on :lol: ) can't have that.

And Robert Redford has probably the worst swing ever.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
Yeah. I haven't read the book in a long time, but I recall that it was something like going full circle. Hobbs struck out the best player in the game when he was really young (The Whammer), and the same thing happened to him later. I believe the pitcher that struck him out was even called Youngblood or Youngberry or something like that. Like NSS said, it worked better in the book than it would've in a movie. Kenny "The Genius" Williams (I hope the filter's still on :lol: ) can't have that.

And Robert Redford has probably the worst swing ever.

Ha, that is awesome. :lolhitting

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)
Watched "Splice" last night, starring Adrien Brody. I liked the idea of the film but pretty poor execution. I think 85% of the budget went to special effects and the remainder went to signing Brody. The script and supporting cast were lousy.

when he had sex with that creature it made me uncomfortable

Edited by docsox24