2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 12:06 PM)
We were going to check out 'Moneyball' this weekend, but then their marketing department did a 180 and decided to run a commercial last night calling it the "feel good movie of the year", which pissed me off because it's "Moneyball" and about Billy Beane. They just lost two tickets based on that s*** commercial alone.

SOOOO, we're going to check out "50/50", which looks great and by all accounts is really good. The only thing that can get me to see a Seth Rogan movie would be if the other lead is a fantastic actor. They covered this with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I'll let y'all know how it is sometime late Saturday.

Damn, if the A's not winning is the "feel good movie of the year", just wait until they make a movie about the Cubs.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 08:54 AM)
I have been on the fence about that one. Maybe I will check it otu.

It's a good movie that could have been amazing had they gone a different route than a love story. Awesome concept that I loved, but I wish the movie was about a spy/espionage/thriller type thing w/ like a government cover-up or something, not a "I will love this woman for the rest of my life, let me get her back".

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
We were going to check out 'Moneyball' this weekend, but then their marketing department did a 180 and decided to run a commercial last night calling it the "feel good movie of the year",

They did? Hell, I saw the movie and don't get how it's "feel-good".

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
Damn, if the A's not winning is the "feel good movie of the year", just wait until they make a movie about the Cubs.

How is winning 100+ games with one of the smallest payrolls in the league considered not winning?

Some leaked character details from Prometheus:

Michael Fassbender plays the android, and a lot of the movie perspective comes from him.

Charlize Theron plays the corporate entity, not unlike Paul Reiser from Aliens.

Some good quotes from Damon Lindelof

http://screenrant.com/prometheus-plot-damo...of-benm-133845/

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:31 AM)
Apparently there is going to be a 4th "real" American Pie movie. "American Reunion". Not a crappy direct to DVD movie, a real movie.

I saw the poster last week at the theatre and looked it. There is a slight teaser trailer with photo booth pics. Tara Reid looks awful.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)
Some leaked character details from Prometheus:

Michael Fassbender plays the android, and a lot of the movie perspective comes from him.

Charlize Theron plays the corporate entity, not unlike Paul Reiser from Aliens.

Some good quotes from Damon Lindelof

http://screenrant.com/prometheus-plot-damo...of-benm-133845/

Good choice on Fassbender. Too bad Lance Henrikson is like 200 years old now, he was fantastic in that role.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 10:14 AM)
I saw the poster last week at the theatre and looked it. There is a slight teaser trailer with photo booth pics. Tara Reid looks awful.

Tara's getting paid practically nothing to come back. $250,000 is what I read. Jason Biggs (Jim) and Seann William Scott (Stiffler) are getting $5 million.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 10:17 AM)
Good choice on Fassbender. Too bad Lance Henrikson is like 200 years old now, he was fantastic in that role.

i am willing to bet they fit Henrikson in there somewhere. his characters in the alien mythology are carried on thru generations and his image in the droids.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 10:14 AM)

She went down hill about as quick as anyone I can remember. She's pretty nasty now a days.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 08:19 AM)
I saw it in 2002. It was called the baseball season.

Friedman would make a good movie I think as the gist of the movie is to take on the big boys and beat them.

The A's never did this.

It would also be interesting to hear the thoughts on successfully running an organization that nobody literally cares about.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
Friedman would make a good movie I think as the gist of the movie is to take on the big boys and beat them.

The A's never did this.

The gist was proving that you don't need a large payroll to win games. The A's did a damn good job of that. Whether or not they won the World Series is irrelevant, especially given the lasting impact it's had on the game.

Edited by Felix