2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 12:24 AM)
The Rock got paid a lot of money to play the lead role in Faster and probably had about a dozen lines to remember. Good for him. Decent action flick. Kept me entertained.

Also saw Unknown recently. It was alright, kind of hard to follow at times and a unexpected ending.

Saw that a few weeks ago and thought it was worth the rental. The ending came out of nowhere, but it worked.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 10:32 AM)
The new trailer for The Avengers is out. Ho Lee s***.

Loved it. Would have liked to see more Hulk smashing, so i am guessing it is being withheld for a reason

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 11:16 AM)
Loved it. Would have liked to see more Hulk smashing, so i am guessing it is being withheld for a reason

I read somewhere else that this is the case and they are saving the big green menace for the next trailer - which will be much more epic.

Dammit somebody find the Tardis and transport me to summer 2012.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
I'm calling it right now...

The Avengers will be bigger than The Dark Knight Rises and will be king of 2012.

Hm.

I can't say that's a bad bet. Both will be huge and seen by me on opening night.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)
Hm.

I can't say that's a bad bet. Both will be huge and seen by me on opening night.

With all of the preparation they've gone through for The Avengers (doing years of buildup and giving each character at least one movie), you'd have to figure that anything less than the highest grossing movie of the year would be a disappointment.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
Holy s***. That looks amazing.

I'm not usually one for this mini-boom disaster/horror flick wave, most of the movies are trash... but that does look decent, and I've always had a soft spot for Michael Biehn. Good to see him re-emerge.

Thought DRIVE was nicely directed, skillfully shot, and had an opening sequence that hooked me. Than it got slow and dull that I felt had weak villains, a weak story, and gratuitous violence that seemed done for shock. Two and a half stars from me.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 12, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)
Thought DRIVE was nicely directed, skillfully shot, and had an opening sequence that hooked me. Than it got slow and dull that I felt had weak villains, a weak story, and gratuitous violence that seemed done for shock. Two and a half stars from me.

Yeah, but was Bryan Cranston awesome?

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 12, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
The Trip is streaming on Netflix

I really enjoyed the Trip. Saw it a few months ago.. a lot of fun.

The end was quite abrupt, however. Still unsure how I feel about it.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Oct 12, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
I really enjoyed the Trip. Saw it a few months ago.. a lot of fun.

The end was quite abrupt, however. Still unsure how I feel about it.

Depressed is how I felt. Ha

<a href="http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-trailers/#/video/099bb2c4-ef9b-4f9e-9d7f-404f8e5d8b36?src=FLPl:embed::uuids" target="_new" title="" american reunion movie trailer rel="external nofollow">Video: 'American Reunion' movie trailer (mature)</a>

NSFW

QUOTE (OilCan @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 08:17 PM)
Prometheus Trailer Description Leak...rough sketch: http://screenrant.com/prometheus-trailer-d...ne-kofi-134572/

Rumor about the trailer finally hitting the mass media: ETA Halloween

LOL, I posted this specifically for you 3 weeks ago

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
http://screenrant.com/prometheus-movie-plo...s-sandy-133544/

Sounds like the leaked synopsis of Prometheus that I posted a few months ago is true. This excites me very much

screenrant is on this one. they are just as excited for this as i am