2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
I imagine he's just living in reality. HOWEVER, they don't compare to Emma Rossum's. HOLEEE s*** I LOVE YOU SHAMELESS.

tooooooooooold yoooooooooooou

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 13, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
I imagine he's just living in reality. HOWEVER, they don't compare to Emma Rossum's. HOLEEE s*** I LOVE YOU SHAMELESS.

No, from that movie, and as much as I hate to say it they are better than Rossum's.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 12:45 AM)
Just watched Inside Job.

If you ever need something to get your blood boiling...just watch this.

Indeed. If I watched it again right now I'd probably fly over to Wall Street to join the protesters.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 12:05 AM)
Just watched Thor for the first time. WOW. Should have seen it in the theatre.

One question...How does Thor return to Earth for The Avengers movie? I'm not a Thor comic book reader, so I dunno. Thx.

This hasn't been answered yet. Presumably that must be explained during the Avengers.

Watched a few movies yesterday.

Tron: disappointing, I expected better, but it wasn't bad by any stretch, just not as good as I hoped.

Midnight in Paris: I really enjoyed this one, I cracked up whenever Hemingway spoke.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
This hasn't been answered yet. Presumably that must be explained during the Avengers.

I would assume so. If he just is there in The Avengers without so much of an explanation, that would be a huge hole and would make the fanboys trash the internet.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
Watched a few movies yesterday.

Tron: disappointing, I expected better, but it wasn't bad by any stretch, just not as good as I hoped.

Midnight in Paris: I really enjoyed this one, I cracked up whenever Hemingway spoke.

I thought Tron was awful. The effects were better than the 80's version (duh), and it had a very solid soundtrack... but the dialogue was awful, and so was the acting, and the plot devices. They could have done so much more, but they seemed to focus entirely on the effects.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Oct 15, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)
Just watched Thor for the first time. WOW. Should have seen it in the theatre.

One question...How does Thor return to Earth for The Avengers movie? I'm not a Thor comic book reader, so I dunno. Thx.

Really? It was my least favorite superhero movie as of yet, I thought even Green Lantern was better. Thor just to me seeming boring and felt like he was never really threatened at all, the whole sacrificing himself was possibly the most predictable outcome ever in a movie.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)
Really? It was my least favorite superhero movie as of yet, I thought even Green Lantern was better. Thor just to me seeming boring and felt like he was never really threatened at all, the whole sacrificing himself was possibly the most predictable outcome ever in a movie.

well.......it WAS the origin story of Thor. Arrogant, Cocky young God cast out of Asgard in order to prove himself to his father. We could say all of the comic book movies are predictable. Good guy awesome, Good guy falls due to bad guy, Bad guy reigns supreme, Good guy saves day.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)
well.......it WAS the origin story of Thor. Arrogant, Cocky young God cast out of Asgard in order to prove himself to his father. We could say all of the comic book movies are predictable. Good guy awesome, Good guy falls due to bad guy, Bad guy reigns supreme, Good guy saves day.

Yeah...but there was something else about the predictability level in that one. Maybe it was just that the actor didn't sell me very well on any part of the story, that could certainly play into it.

Watched X:0 over the weekend again. The story itself was predictable in the sense that we knew how every bit of it had to end up, but still I thought the actors other than Mystique did an excellent job of drawing in. NSS of course will disagree, but I think that's a solid comp.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
Maybe it was just that the actor didn't sell me very well on any part of the story, that could certainly play into it.

I thought he was absolutely hilarious, especially as he was first on Earth. I enjoyed Thor, when I expected to think it sucked.

Watched X-Men First Class this weekend as well, very enjoyable.

All the scenes in foreign languages had no subtitles, I had to try to guess as to what they heck they were talking about. Is that how the movie was made or was there something wrong with my Redbox DVD?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 12:38 PM)
Watched X-Men First Class this weekend as well, very enjoyable.

All the scenes in foreign languages had no subtitles, I had to try to guess as to what they heck they were talking about. Is that how the movie was made or was there something wrong with my Redbox DVD?

There was something wrong with your DVD. Mine had subtitles the whole way through.

Heck, the Subtitles makes it hard to catch the fact that Magneto switches languages from Spanish to German in the bar early in the movie.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
There was something wrong with your DVD. Mine had subtitles the whole way through.

Heck, the Subtitles makes it hard to catch the fact that Magneto switches languages from Spanish to German in the bar early in the movie.

Interesting. I guess that was one advantage to my busted DVD, I noticed that immediately since I was listening, not reading.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
Interesting. I guess that was one advantage to my busted DVD, I noticed that immediately since I was listening, not reading.

First time I watched that in theaters, I didn't notice the language switch at all because I was just reading. Then went "oh" while listening instead of reading on the 2nd viewing.

But yeah, you should have had subtitles. Shoot Redbox an email, I have no idea what their customer service is like, but maybe you'll pull off one of their many free rentals.