2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 11:18 PM)
Yes, yes she is. Especially when she has long hair...my god...

So, she can do a part 4, but not a part 3? I'm confused.

her husband didnt direct part 3, and that was a prequel to the first two stories

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 11:21 PM)
her husband didnt direct part 3, and that was a prequel to the first two stories

Ahhh, didn't know that, didn't see it. Have the soundtrack though, always a good soundtrack from the Underworld movies.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 11:22 PM)
Ahhh, didn't know that, didn't see it. Have the soundtrack though, always a good soundtrack from the Underworld movies.

The third one really isnt all that bad, and it doesnt stray from the story at all, and explains a lot of the tension between Lycans and Vampires. None of the underworld movies are great by any means, but I will watch them when they come on

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 11:24 PM)
The third one really isnt all that bad, and it doesnt stray from the story at all, and explains a lot of the tension between Lycans and Vampires. None of the underworld movies are great by any means, but I will watch them when they come on

I agree with this. And I saw the third one in theaters. Not sure why that matters, but those are movies I'd normally wait to see on TNT or something.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)
Attack the Block was excellent. Really liked that movie.

Been wanting to see it for awhile. Redbox when I have a day off.

Margin Call playing in Highland Park. Again, when I have time which I don't.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)
Attack the Block was excellent. Really liked that movie.

The only thing was that Nick Frost was hardly in it. He was the only reason I saw it, as I loved Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz so much that I'll see anything with either of those actors in it. I've yet to be disappointed.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 09:54 AM)
The only thing was that Nick Frost was hardly in it. He was the only reason I saw it, as I loved Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz so much that I'll see anything with either of those actors in it. I've yet to be disappointed.

Yeah they should of had him in it more. He was good in the small parts he was in.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Nov 5, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
Whoa... I respectfully disagree. I got kinda sleepy during Captain America. There was more ass kicking in Thor.

Balta thought the movie was a joke. I like Thor a lot, but I think Captain America was better. I loved the setup to the Winter Soldier

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 5, 2011 -> 08:54 PM)
Balta thought the movie was a joke. I like Thor a lot, but I think Captain America was better. I loved the setup to the Winter Soldier

I thought the fight scene with the Frost Giants was the coolest (pun intended) thing in both movies. The smirk Thor had when that Frost Giant told him to "run back home, little princess" and when he threw Mjolnir through that big ass monster... awesome.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 6, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
This guy will take Thor, thank you.

Yeah I'd probably just agree with that, both were pretty decent, certainly not in the Iron Man 1 league or anything, but both were a lot better than Green Lantern at least.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 5, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
Yeah I'd probably just agree with that, both were pretty decent, certainly not in the Iron Man 1 league or anything, but both were a lot better than Green Lantern at least.

They say that the best weapon is the one that you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer... the weapon you only have to fire ONCE. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it... and it's worked out pretty well so far. - Tony Stark

Classic :lolhitting

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Nov 5, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
Whoa... I respectfully disagree. I got kinda sleepy during Captain America. There was more ass kicking in Thor.

Yeah I didn't care for Captain America. I thought it was pretty mediocre and lacked some punch while Thor was an entertaining movie.

I haven't read of very many at all liking the Green Lantern movie. And I'm a big Blake Lively fan.

Thor and Captain America were very different types of movies....with Captain America being a bit more similar to the recent X-Men: First Class movie.

I enjoyed Thor in a quite different way, but they were both good entertainment, overall. Green Lantern, despite Reynolds' efforts, not so much. The Parallax just wasn't a very convincing villain/foil. And not a big Mark Strong fan either, except for THE GUARD.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 6, 2011 -> 07:44 PM)
I haven't read of very many at all liking the Green Lantern movie. And I'm a big Blake Lively fan.

Thor and Captain America were very different types of movies....with Captain America being a bit more similar to the recent X-Men: First Class movie.

I enjoyed Thor in a quite different way, but they were both good entertainment, overall. Green Lantern, despite Reynolds' efforts, not so much. The Parallax just wasn't a very convincing villain/foil. And not a big Mark Strong fan either, except for THE GUARD.

If Strong stays on for the sequel, and he dons the yellow ring, i think Sinestro will be a much better character. They missed the boat on him in GL, he should have been shown to be the one that orchestrated Parallax's escape, the puppet master.