2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
No, they were doing pretty terrible in TDM as well. That's why I checked their player card, wondering if it was a "little brother playing his older brother's account" thing. They just weren't very good despite playing the game for about 240 hours.

I'd start getting really bored of the game if I'm not that good at it. They must have nothing better to do.

And I meant they probably played a lot of Domination or Capture the Flag, where you can get a good amount of XP without getting kills and that's how they might have gotten to 6th prestige.

Edited by chw42

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Bulletstorm just got cooler in my book, lol.

The ESRB puts on a straight face as it describes Bulletstorm's inclusion of "Intoxicated Skillshots," references to "sexual acts, venereal diseases, and having sex with one's mother" and skillshots infused with sexual innuendo (e.g., Gag Reflex, Rear Entry, Drilldo, Mile High Club). The ratings board makes special note of one skillshot, "Fire in the Hole," which involves shooting at enemies' "exposed buttocks." Yummy!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/03/esrb-iro...to-summarize-g/

Edited by chw42

has anybody read up on the whole thing with the hackers compromising the PS3's security? I dont know much about it but from what ive heard soon people will be able to burn signed backups of PS3 games and use them on any PS3 system without the need for any mod chip at all. just plop the burned copy into anyones PS3 and play away. And apparently there is nothing Sony can do about it without having to change the entire hardware of the PS3. That sounds good to me, i love paying $5 for video games.. charging 65 bucks a game is almost as much a robbery as a mechanic charging a person with no vehicle know-how $600 to replace an alternator..

Edit: Found This http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalf...rity-in-tatters

Edited by flippedoutpunk

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 05:10 PM)
has anybody read up on the whole thing with the hackers compromising the PS3's security? I dont know much about it but from what ive heard soon people will be able to burn signed backups of PS3 games and use them on any PS3 system without the need for any mod chip at all. just plop the burned copy into anyones PS3 and play away. And apparently there is nothing Sony can do about it without having to change the entire hardware of the PS3. That sounds good to me, i love paying $5 for video games.. charging 65 bucks a game is almost as much a robbery as a mechanic charging a person with no vehicle know-how $600 to replace an alternator..

Edit: Found This http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalf...rity-in-tatters

The funny thing is that Sony made the worst programming mistake ever.

That security key is supposed to be impossible to solve since there's random numbers in it. But somehow, Sony didn't randomize the number, it's the same every time. Looks like somebody's getting fired.

I will also jump on that hack when I get the chance. I hack almost every electronic device I have.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)
Hey, that was the most fun I've ever had playing Black Ops.

And to whoever asked about purchasing ps3 with move or xbox with kinect, i own both and my two cents are that I think the kinect has more of a "cool" factor since there are no controllers and the camera is really accurate.. But so far it looks like it will only play nice with games that are "On rails", whereas the PS3 move will actually feature "real" games (Killzone 3 comes to mind). Its all about what you're looking to get out of these movement type games. I honestly only play kinect when my little brother is over, or when T R U is at work and neglecting our Black Ops partnership. Then you have to think about the whole price for xbox live as opposed to the no charge PSN, if you think that you will get into online gaming with your system thats definitely something to consider. The only real difference I see personally between my xbox and my PS3 are:

PS3 has Blu-ray (Sometimes a game is just too large to fit on one DVD and requires an extra install disc for xbox, not really a nuisance at all though once the game is installed)

PS3 can connect 4+ controllers to the system at one time (Xbox only 4 at maximum)

Xbox allows you to play custom soundtracks for any game at absolutely any time (PS3 only allows it for certain games, and that doesnt happen very often at all)

Xbox allows cross game party chat (Truly the only difference i see between Xbox live and PSN, enough to justify about 50 bucks a year? You decide)

Again these are all just my 2 cents *Puts on flame suit and ducks down*

I think the Blu-Ray storage capacity is pretty overblown considering the lens is so slow reading the discs. Yeah, DVD capacity is limited but switching DVDs in mid-game is a minor inconvenience that's kind of offset by installing it on the hard drive if it bothers someone that much.

I honestly don't know why anybody would need to use more than 4 controllers, though. That just sounds like an argument for fanboys on the internet like they were doing with Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD where they can argue extremely rare theoretical situations.

The dealbreaker for me choosing what system i purchase more games for is definitely the cross game party chat. I personally use that feature about 95% of the time i sign on to xbox live. Its also very very nice to be able to jam with my ipod through the xbox music player.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 02:06 PM)
Has anyone else run into guys who are like 5th or 6th prestige, but are pretty bad at the game? I'm talking below-even W/L and K/D ratios, but they have like 10 days of playtime. I don't get how you play the game that much but still suck at it.

In about a week I've almost worked my way through 1st prestige, and my K/D has been consistently over 1 for a while now. Closer to 1.4 or so over the last two weeks. that's what having the week off of work will do for you, I guess.

Today me and my cousin were playing CTF and there was a 5th prestiger with a split-screen player and his K/D was .56.. they both went 1-14

I see plenty of people on black ops that are higher prestiged with pretty bad K/Ds.. if you put in the time you can rank up without having to be very good at the game..

I just hit 7th prestige the other day at a little over 7 days of play time, but I also have a 2.0 K/D so I get a fair amount of XP per game.. going after the objectives and knocking out challenges is an easy way to rank up fast without having to have a real high K/D

Well, I'm kind of addicted to Black Ops. Good thing I don't have anything to do this week b/c I played online for about 5 hours throughout the day yesterday. I'm sure that's not a lot compared to some people, but for me, that's a ton.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
Just started playing Black Ops yesterday. Boy am I bad.

Prefer to play the "capture the flag" mode rather than team deathmatch at this point. Probably cause I'm not very good at the moment.

My "turning point" came when i played more CTF. Forces you to slow down and think.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 12:21 AM)
Why's that? and what you get in BADM if you don't mind me asking?

Studying abroad in the Netherlands this semester and Im leaving Wednesday at 6pm. I ended up with a B, not to bad for how bad that last test went, but I still thought I was going to get an A until that final.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)
Custom firmware now possible on PS3

http://kotaku.com/5725088/you-can-now-inst...om-ps3-firmware

It's the PSP all over again, hopefully with less piracy and hackers.

nice.. when the firmware that allows backup discs to be played gets released i will be one happy pirate... i mean camper

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 08:01 AM)
Studying abroad in the Netherlands this semester and Im leaving Wednesday at 6pm. I ended up with a B, not to bad for how bad that last test went, but I still thought I was going to get an A until that final.

Yeah, I thought I had a legit shot at an A. Got a B. Pretty sure grades in that class were just made up.

Anyways, got lots of games for Christmas:

Black Ops: Already shared my thoughts

NBA Jam: Pretty awesome. Just like the old ones and unlocking everything gets addicting.

GoldenEye: I like it a lot but the controls need a lot of work.

Also got Assasin's Creed Brotherhood and Fallout New Vegas, but haven't played them yet.