2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 12:53 PM)
^^. Yup, got it off Amazon. Easily worth the 30.

It's 21 used from Amazon Warehouse. I thought about it, but then said no and got NBA Street Homecourt instead for $11.

For those who play Jam, do the Kings (OF ALL TEAMS) baffle you?

I can never get up-tempo offense against them, whether I'm playing alone or with friends.

I'll walk all over Malone and Stockton and Hardaway and Mullin, but freakin' Landry and Evans give me headaches.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 02:41 AM)
Played The Move tonight at a friends house. I really liked it. The only game I played was some sports package game. I REALLY enjoyed the volleyball game I played. was pretty realistic in movements, and the controller is really responsive. Can't wait to play The Show on it, and other cool sports games.

I love the move.

Sports Champions is mad fun.

NBA 2k11 is...confusing. Have yet to figure out how to play that with the move.

Resident Evil 5 is fun with it if you have a gun controller.

Have yet to try Tiger Woods with it.

I really wish the Show had move controls for all hitting, not just HRD.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 03:27 AM)
I love the move.

Sports Champions is mad fun.

NBA 2k11 is...confusing. Have yet to figure out how to play that with the move.

Resident Evil 5 is fun with it if you have a gun controller.

Have yet to try Tiger Woods with it.

I really wish the Show had move controls for all hitting, not just HRD.

HRD is also in 3D. 3D plus Move seems kinda cool.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)
Anyone got the Kinnect yet? Is it worth it?

it depends on what you're looking to get out of it. I bought it when it first came out and used the heck out of it for about 2 weeks.. Now i seem to only use it when i have friends or family over. Also the first thing you will need to even run the thing is at least 6 feet of space between you and the kinect camera. I have a pretty big sized living room from most that ive seen and even I have to move the couch out of the way to create more space between me and the kinect camera on certain games.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 10, 2011 -> 11:56 PM)
I also recently got the kinect and it would seem to be aimed more for family/kids.. although it is pretty cool.. 6 ft seems about right for where you need to be from the sensor, maybe slightly further..

Are you joining my hardcore kinect volleyball league or what?!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to finishing the first Assassin's Creed (Fallout 3, both Mass Effect games, and my Xbox going down got in the way). That game gets pretty f***ing hard towards the end what with those goddamn drunks pushing you and blowing your cover, the beggar women getting in the way, and taking 3 minutes to lose the guards when they're on to you. Now I guess I got to get AC2.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
I have to get back in to Dead Space so I can be ready for Dead Space 2!

It's funny, on another board I wrote that exact same post above (actually copied/pasted from there) and the next post after it was someone asking if anyone's going to get Dead Space 2.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)
It's funny, on another board I wrote that exact same post above (actually copied/pasted from there) and the next post after it was someone asking if anyone's going to get Dead Space 2.

Hah!

Dead Space was the scariest game I have ever played by far. It does get a little repetitive but I will definitely be picking up the second one.

I am off Mon-Thurs this week with nothing really to do, so I will be getting my ps3 on for sure.

Dead Space scared the living crap out of me and my friends.

I would love to have the ability to sleep after playing through it, but I think I'll be good. In the time I did play it, I did enjoy it and I've read the synopsis of the story and found it pretty interesting.

I think it's just best to say I don't like horror games too much. I'm fine with the Resident Evils with the world, but Dead Space is on another level.

Edited by chw42