2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
They are supposed to be bridging the storyline between ME2 and ME3 with DLC packs are they not?

Pretty much.

At least the Mass Effect DLC's have been pretty good so far (the last 2 were the best, which makes me optimistic for the Arrival DLC).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-ordered The Show through Amazon. Will arrive tomorrow, will still get the mlb.tv deal w/ it, cost $2 less than Gamestop, AND they don't charge tax. So I am saving about $8-$9, and I don't have to give money to the evil Gamestop, or had to drive there to reserve and then pick up the game!

Also, Amazon is giving me $9 for last year's game, whereas Gamestop was offering $6.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 07:07 PM)
In NBA Jam the computer still cheats like a motherf***er.

Haha I raged pretty hard at that game the last time I played it. That was a couple weeks ago. Online play would be fun, but all people do is shoot 3s. With lag it's impossible to block them. It's called NBA Jam, not NBA Threes.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
For those interested.. there is a guy streaming MLB The Show '11.. it looks sweeeeet!!! i cant wait till 2 hours from now :)

:headbang :headbang :headbang

http://www.justin.tv/psnation#/w/942427696/2

Lol, I click the link to see he is playing as the White Sox at The Cell. First batter up is Teahen, and he strikes out. LOL.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 01:32 AM)
Lol, I click the link to see he is playing as the White Sox at The Cell. First batter up is Teahen, and he strikes out. LOL.

So I couldn't see...

Who replaced Bobby on the Wall and did they fix the out of town scoreboard?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 01:32 AM)

Adam Dunn's stance is still wrong. :(

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 12:45 AM)
Haha I raged pretty hard at that game the last time I played it. That was a couple weeks ago. Online play would be fun, but all people do is shoot 3s. With lag it's impossible to block them. It's called NBA Jam, not NBA Threes.

I'm a pretty hardcore alley-ooper, threes are dumb in that game.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 01:54 AM)
So I couldn't see...

Who replaced Bobby on the Wall and did they fix the out of town scoreboard?

Didn't check Bobby's face on the wall, but the out of town scoreboard looks good.

Only things I've noticed that are wrong w/ the Sox so far are the Fundamentals deck in LF. Still has a car on it like it's sponsored by Pontiac, and it's not red for Comcast, still don't have that nice LED screen in dead center on the Fan Deck that displays the batter's stats, and Alex Rios stance is way off.

On the OF wall at the Cell its....

Buehrle, Beckham, Alexei, Quentin, and Rios. And then where Jackie Robinson is supposed to be, it's Gavin Floyd. lol.

For far I've only done HR Derby, but it's much, much better. Camera will actually follow the ball's flight into the stands, and at the end of the hitter's round, they do a cool graph where they show the flight path of each HR the guy hit, you can see the spray chart for the HR, and then it highlights the further ball hit. It's very cool to see.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)
Me too. I love ooping. Nothing like playing with Rodman and Pippen on that game.

Im actually a Rose/booz or Rose/Pip guy.

Rose has that little floater that never misses.

Edited by RockRaines

i know fighting games dont usually excite anyone anymore, but the Mortal Kombat demo is freaking SWEET!!!!!!! Playstation+ members can download it right now.. everyone else gets it on the 15th. i am really excited about this game, i can see this being a game i can use to vent my frustrations from the cheap Ray Allen users on nba 2k..

Oh and heres a dude thats streaming it right now if you want to take a peek at the gameplay..

http://www.justin.tv/peacefuljay#

Edited by flippedoutpunk

Two questions...can anybody tell me if the Single A teams are playable or are even in MLB 2K11. And, anybody who's played Fallout 3, what can you share about the game. I picked up a used copy for $15. I know, I know, it's 3 years old. I don't spend $60 on games anymore.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
Im actually a Rose/booz or Rose/Pip guy.

Rose has that little floater that never misses.

Rose isn't as good as he should be in that game... Rondo is actually better. :thumbsdown:

Dwight Howard is unstoppable.

Got Dragon Age 2 yesterday, and I ordered MLB '11 today. I skipped '10 because I couldn't hit a damn thing in '09. Hopefully I figure it out this year, although the demo wasn't very encouraging.

QUOTE (almagest @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 06:43 PM)
Got Dragon Age 2 yesterday, and I ordered MLB '11 today. I skipped '10 because I couldn't hit a damn thing in '09. Hopefully I figure it out this year, although the demo wasn't very encouraging.

If you had a hard time hitting in 09, you're not gonna hit anything in 11.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 04:13 PM)
Two questions...can anybody tell me if the Single A teams are playable or are even in MLB 2K11. And, anybody who's played Fallout 3, what can you share about the game. I picked up a used copy for $15. I know, I know, it's 3 years old. I don't spend $60 on games anymore.

Fallout 3 is a real fun game, lots of open world exploring..

I do not know if you can play the minor league games in MLB2K, but the teams are in it obviously

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 10, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
i dont know if i could trust your opinion anymore.. Youre the young scallywag that doesnt think metallica sounds like led zepplin.

haha i know, i guess im just not into heavy metal.. i like that easy listening stuff

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 02:59 AM)
Anybody hear any buzz on Homefront? For some reason the story pulled me in, but I'm not about to drop $60 without reading a review.

I felt the same way, but if you go to IGN.com they have some videos on it and the multiplayer actually looks pretty fun.. If youre more of a story guy, then I dont think ide drop $60 on it you should just rent it.. but, go watch the videos.. the MP ones look like it would be a pretty fun game..

My favorite part is the way they counter campers.. if you are camping and start getting a bunch of kills without dying, they put a price on your head and someone from the other team is given a bounty to take you out, and you appear on their map.. so a sniper cant just hide in the back of a huge map and rack up kills.. the people who do really good in this game get bountys put on them, and I think thats a great counter

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 03:02 AM)
I felt the same way, but if you go to IGN.com they have some videos on it and the multiplayer actually looks pretty fun.. If youre more of a story guy, then I dont think ide drop $60 on it you should just rent it.. but, go watch the videos.. the MP ones look like it would be a pretty fun game..

My favorite part is the way they counter campers.. if you are camping and start getting a bunch of kills without dying, they put a price on your head and someone from the other team is given a bounty to take you out, and you appear on their map.. so a sniper cant just hide in the back of a huge map and rack up kills.. the people who do really good in this game get bountys put on them, and I think thats a great counter

If this game stinks ill be highly upset, that would be the third snoozefest uve forced me to buy in the past month... ( marvel vs capcom, dragon age 2... Homefront?)