2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
Congratulations, the $50 you spend annually makes up for the one slip up the PSN has ever had. Why? Because who needs money!

Yes!!

I knew I could count on Steve to make a post about how spending $5 a month for a superior service is teh dumbz!!

Quick, someone else make a post about how service upgrades for a 20-24 hour window is the same as getting hacked by people you've pissed off and shut down for a week plus... oh nevermind, some fool already took care of that!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:01 PM)
Yes!!

I knew I could count on Steve to make a post about how spending $5 a month for a superior service is teh dumbz!!

Quick, someone else make a post about how service upgrades for a 20-24 hour window is the same as getting hacked by people you've pissed off and shut down for a week plus... oh nevermind, some fool already took care of that!!

Its $4.17 a month actually, you rich oil tycoon texan you....

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:01 PM)
Yes!!

Weren't the PS3 servers for Black Ops terrible for months as well, while the 360 was humming along?

$50 for 5 years = $250, I could almost buy an Xbox 360 for that amount of money.

In my entire time using PS3 Ive experienced maybe 5 issues with online.

5 issues or $250, Ill take PS3 for $250 Alex.

(edit)

Different people use their machines for different things. If I was a hardcore online gamer, maybe superior service means something. But since the days of me being competitive online are long gone, I just want a free service that I can have fun with.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
$50 for 5 years = $250, I could almost buy an Xbox 360 for that amount of money.

In my entire time using PS3 Ive experienced maybe 5 issues with online.

5 issues or $250, Ill take PS3 for $250 Alex.

(edit)

Different people use their machines for different things. If I was a hardcore online gamer, maybe superior service means something. But since the days of me being competitive online are long gone, I just want a free service that I can have fun with.

really, you're projecting out 5 YEARS?.. I think even Steve is gonna have to agree that's a little ridiculous

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
Weren't the PS3 servers for Black Ops terrible for months as well, while the 360 was humming along?

You would have to ask HAMBURGER FRIES as I do not know whats goin on with PS3 unless I hear it from him

Ive had my PS3 for over 4 years.

So when I made the original choice between PS3 and Xbox, I added in 5 years of online use to the cost. Im not sure who wouldnt do something like that.Im not projecting out, Im talking about money that I have already saved.

At 7 years (3 years from now) the money saved on PS3 free online will have almost bought the machine itself.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)
Ive had my PS3 for over 5 years.

So when I made the original choice between PS3 and Xbox, I added in 5 years of online use to the cost. Im not sure who wouldnt do something like that.Im not projecting out, Im talking about money that I have already saved.

At 7 years (2 years from now) the money saved on PS3 free online will have almost bought the machine itself.

All the people I know who were xbox 360 users have since converted over to PS3. I think its a great system and I am glad I made that choice, especially with the blu-ray market ousting the HDDVD.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:12 PM)
really, you're projecting out 5 YEARS?.. I think even Steve is gonna have to agree that's a little ridiculous

No, I don't think that's ridiculous. When did you get your 360?

Anyway, I had a 360. I got a PS3 because it's vastly superior in every way for my needs, and we need not get into this little battle. Clearly, we are both happy with our systems.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)
All the people I know who were xbox 360 users have since converted over to PS3. I think its a great system and I am glad I made that choice, especially with the blu-ray market ousting the HDDVD.

Exactly, I also don't know anyone who still uses XBOX 360. They all, including myself, made the switch, especially once the PS3 Slim came out with the mega hard drive and the sexy price point.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)

Anyway, I had a 360. I got a PS3 because it's vastly superior in every way for my needs, and we need not get into this little battle. Clearly, we are both happy with our systems.

I got the brand new 360 with the wifi and the 250 GB hard drive about a week after it came out, it was $299

How much were PS3's 4 years ago? Still $500?

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)
I got the brand new 360 with the wifi and the 250 GB hard drive about a week after it came out, it was $299

Free for me-only good thing my ex did for me.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)

Well, ok, how much did you spend on your original 360? You need to add the cost of that to the $299 as well.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)

I have both systems, and prefer the ps3 95% of the time, but one of the biggest advantages of the 360 is the party mode/multiplayer system. It's not even a close race. How Sony has gone 5+ years without addressing their voice chat system is a move I'll never understand.

What sucks about this hack is that my wife and I have been unable to watch most of our television shows. We swore off cable and rely on the PSN to purchase the shows we want to watch. Not being able to do that for nearly a week has been pretty difficult.