2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
Another benefit Tru neglected... PSN is free.

The MSRP is now like $60 per 12 months, you can usually find it onsale at some point for about $40 but still it's getting a bit out of hand.

Im in the middle when it comes to the two consoles, T R U yells at me for it all the time.. I dont mind paying 60 dollars once a year to play online if it means i can play my tunes and chat with my buds while spanking some tail at nba 2k. ive always said, once ps3 enables those two things, it will be very difficult for me to choose what console to play with more.

..Oh one thing i do dislike about PSN though, i cant change my freaking name!! ive been baggedurmom since '07! i want to bring Hamburger Fries to the PSN damnit!

Edited by flippedoutpunk

Dragon Age 2 comes out this week.

Am more excited for Mass Effect 3 later in this year (BTW played the Shadow Broker DLC, there is some quite humurous info at the end of it on the likes of Miranda etc.), but this should be a very good game as well.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
I gotta admit, I was expecting more out of AC Brotherhood... it seemed so short compared to AC2 even though the map was much bigger. It's like it was a really big DLC for AC2 or something.

Yeah, I think the gameplay is slightly better than 2, but Brotherhood feels short. Of course, part of that could be that you are always in one map so you don't have to wait on load times to switch places (which really annoyed me in the first 2 games). I've been getting into the multiplayer lately so I'm getting my money's worth out of the game.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
Im in the middle when it comes to the two consoles, T R U yells at me for it all the time.. I dont mind paying 60 dollars once a year to play online if it means i can play my tunes and chat with my buds while spanking some tail at nba 2k. ive always said, once ps3 enables those two things, it will be very difficult for me to choose what console to play with more.

I don't understand the chat thing. What's the big deal about that? You can chat during multiplayer games when needed. As for the music, I always have my laptop in the room with me so if I want music, I use that. To me, these seem like very small things to choose a console over.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)
Yeah, I think the gameplay is slightly better than 2, but Brotherhood feels short. Of course, part of that could be that you are always in one map so you don't have to wait on load times to switch places (which really annoyed me in the first 2 games). I've been getting into the multiplayer lately so I'm getting my money's worth out of the game.

I don't understand the chat thing. What's the big deal about that? You can chat during multiplayer games when needed. As for the music, I always have my laptop in the room with me so if I want music, I use that. To me, these seem like very small things to choose a console over.

Im not sure how the PS3 chat works, but if I understand it correctly one would not be able to chat with a friend unless both are in the same game.

I know personally that I will talk with friends constantly who are in other games, and is pretty much how I keep up with friends who have graduated, don't live nearby, etc. It also allows creating of parties for games much easier, instead of having to call a friend I just join their party chat and ask them that way, and can talk to them til they join.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)

If you have a PS3 and say 5 of your friends are online, the only way you could talk with them is if ALL of them are in the same game as you.. On XBOX, you all could be playing totally different games or not playing anything at all, maybe just watching a movie on netflix, and you could all be in the same party together.. How a next gen console doesn't have the ability to let gamers all be in a party seems pretty ridiculous to me..

I don't have a problem paying $5 a month to get to use a (much better) online service.. I get every penny out of it too.. If you wanna be legit about it, each system has its benefits over the other.. they both have great visuals, so when it comes down to it its pretty much whichever you prefer.. I prefer XBOX, and really cant see any reason what so ever to switch to a PS3

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
Dragon Age 2 comes out this week.

Am more excited for Mass Effect 3 later in this year (BTW played the Shadow Broker DLC, there is some quite humurous info at the end of it on the likes of Miranda etc.), but this should be a very good game as well.

there was something about Kelly Chambers getting treated for an STD that was specific to vorcha.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 10:45 PM)
That is better than PS3's text only chat, but I wouldn't use the voice chat. Heck, I don't even have a headset.

You learn to love it honestly, I feel like Im playing a game naked if I can't find my headset. It's like leaving your house without a cellphone nowadays, yo ucan get by fine without it, but it just isn't the same and something always feels off.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 02:57 PM)
there was something about Kelly Chambers getting treated for an STD that was specific to vorcha.

Oh ya, forgot about that. Miranda's webchat on the dating site is very amusing as well.

Apparently there'll be a new DLC called Arrival (to do with the Reapers obviously) that'll be announced, probably this week actually.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 11:34 PM)
Oh ya, forgot about that. Miranda's webchat on the dating site is very amusing as well.

Apparently there'll be a new DLC called Arrival (to do with the Reapers obviously) that'll be announced, probably this week actually.

They are supposed to be bridging the storyline between ME2 and ME3 with DLC packs are they not?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
You learn to love it honestly, I feel like Im playing a game naked if I can't find my headset. It's like leaving your house without a cellphone nowadays, yo ucan get by fine without it, but it just isn't the same and something always feels off.

I would feel SOOOO nerdy wearing a headset. Thank god the PS3 allows me to wear a tiny little bluetooth headset, but even I never use it, and haven't it probably over a year. Party Chat might change that though.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 02:38 AM)
I would feel SOOOO nerdy wearing a headset. Thank god the PS3 allows me to wear a tiny little bluetooth headset, but even I never use it, and haven't it probably over a year. Party Chat might change that though.

21vZt8n5r-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You mean like this?

And it is a little bit nerdy, but so is playing video games. You get used to the headset real quick, and is really not a problem at all. I only wear it if there is a friend online, which is almost always, since game chats usually suck, but party chats are one of the highlights of playing online, totally different experience being able to coordinate with only your friends while in a game.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 6, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)

Voice Chat is a way for me to chat with friends that betrayed chicago and moved to texas *cough*t r u*cough* without awkward guy-on-guy cell phone talk. As bigruss said, headsets are a must when playing online for me so i need music coming from the headset and i shouldnt have to ghetto rig my music for a feature thats been standard on 360 since launch.

Edited by flippedoutpunk

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 07:56 AM)
21vZt8n5r-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You mean like this?

And it is a little bit nerdy, but so is playing video games. You get used to the headset real quick, and is really not a problem at all. I only wear it if there is a friend online, which is almost always, since game chats usually suck, but party chats are one of the highlights of playing online, totally different experience being able to coordinate with only your friends while in a game.

Oh, I didn't know they started making smaller ones. My friend lied to me.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 01:21 PM)
Oh, I didn't know they started making smaller ones. My friend lied to me.

There was a huge influx of those a few months before Christmas, and there were wired ones that were similar in size for years.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)
There was a huge influx of those a few months before Christmas, and there were wired ones that were similar in size for years.

that earpiece thing has been around for years, but the simple headset that came with my xbox is more than fine for me.. I have turtle beaches that I never even use and those were $100, I use the free crap one instead all the time.. dunno, but I just like it its simple

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
that earpiece thing has been around for years, but the simple headset that came with my xbox is more than fine for me.. I have turtle beaches that I never even use and those were $100, I use the free crap one instead all the time.. dunno, but I just like it its simple

I actually just use a cheap cellphone headset, the sound quality is much better than a headset I had borrowed from a friend. And I don't really care about what it looks like, and it's really not that abnormal.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
Anyone play KZ3 with the sharpshooter accessory yet? Thinking about buying it, but wanted some feedback.

I would have if my Blockbusters we're still open. I'm gonna get the Sharpshooter though, for Dead Space and RE5, but gotta save up for the Show.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
I would have if my Blockbusters we're still open. I'm gonna get the Sharpshooter though, for Dead Space and RE5, but gotta save up for the Show.

Dammit stop reminding me about blockbuster!!!

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 7, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)

i cant use the one that came with the system cause i need to hear the sound from the game on the headset. i cant hear what play the coach is calling on 2k when im battling Quentin if im using the cheap headset. or a n00b's footsteps when hes trying to be slick and knife me from behind in that one game about army people n stuff.