2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 03:02 AM)
I felt the same way, but if you go to IGN.com they have some videos on it and the multiplayer actually looks pretty fun.. If youre more of a story guy, then I dont think ide drop $60 on it you should just rent it.. but, go watch the videos.. the MP ones look like it would be a pretty fun game..

My favorite part is the way they counter campers.. if you are camping and start getting a bunch of kills without dying, they put a price on your head and someone from the other team is given a bounty to take you out, and you appear on their map.. so a sniper cant just hide in the back of a huge map and rack up kills.. the people who do really good in this game get bountys put on them, and I think thats a great counter

I really like this.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 08:27 AM)
If this game stinks ill be highly upset, that would be the third snoozefest uve forced me to buy in the past month... ( marvel vs capcom, dragon age 2... Homefront?)

haha oh man I didn't make you buy any of that crap.. colant made you buy dragon age, i dont play that s***

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 01:10 PM)
haha oh man I didn't make you buy any of that crap.. colant made you buy dragon age, i dont play that s***

oh i just saw the homefront video on Xbox live.. looks like the best thing about the video was Jessica Chabot, we all know in video games that grafix = everything.. therefore i give this game a 2.5/10, looks like well have to wait until battlefield 3 comes out

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)
My favorite part is the way they counter campers.. if you are camping and start getting a bunch of kills without dying, they put a price on your head and someone from the other team is given a bounty to take you out, and you appear on their map..

What if you're getting a lot of kills without camping? Your position gets given away anyway?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
What if you're getting a lot of kills without camping? Your position gets given away anyway?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

In Counter Strike, they used to have a thing where if you sit in the same spot for more than like 10 seconds, you started to "beep" and you showed up on everyone's map until you moved. I like that idea better.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)

Yep still gets given away.. I was just using camping as an example.. but apparently with you having your position given away, you get some added bonuses while you're on your streak like more ammo or faster reloads and stuff.. so its not like everyone knows where you are and you cant do anything about it..

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 11:29 PM)
Played the show for the first time tonight. I am in love with the new controls.

I really love hitting now. Pitching is cool, but I'm not a big fan of how you basically don't even have to aim anymore, and playing against someone is damn near impossible to pitch.

Fielding w/ the stick is just dumb.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 16, 2011 -> 01:24 AM)
I really love hitting now. Pitching is cool, but I'm not a big fan of how you basically don't even have to aim anymore, and playing against someone is damn near impossible to pitch.

Fielding w/ the stick is just dumb.

and pressing a button to field isn't dumb?

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
oh i just saw the homefront video on Xbox live.. looks like the best thing about the video was Jessica Chabot, we all know in video games that grafix = everything.. therefore i give this game a 2.5/10, looks like well have to wait until battlefield 3 comes out

Jessica Chobot...*drools

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 16, 2011 -> 02:17 AM)

I like the button setup a lot better. It's been that way in every baseball game I've ever played, so the stick fielding is something I had to get used to. I switched back to buttons yesterday. Feels much better.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 16, 2011 -> 02:17 AM)

No.

It's how video games have always been, and it works better IMO than the stick does. Plus, I hate how the stick gives away the location of your throw. It puts a little arrow in the direction you are throwing it, so, assuming it doesn't change when you play vs. someone, it gives away where the ball will be thrown.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 16, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)
No.

It's how video games have always been, and it works better IMO than the stick does. Plus, I hate how the stick gives away the location of your throw. It puts a little arrow in the direction you are throwing it, so, assuming it doesn't change when you play vs. someone, it gives away where the ball will be thrown.

meh I like the fact that I can aim it with the stick, unlike with the button where you just have to hope your player doesn't miss

Dragon Age 2 was a bit of a dissapointment really.

The graphics have definitely improved for the original which is a plus, but the negatives are;

1 - The story. There's no main villian, and no direction really, definitely not on par with the 1st one.

2 - The area. You are pretty much in Kirkwall for the most part. That gets old pretty quickly.

3 - The supporting characters just aren't as good as the original.

4 - It's too console friendly now. For a PC player, you can't pause and zoom in and out on the battlefield as you could the original.

It's still a good game, but it could have been better.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
homefront has dedicated servers??? hmm.. im okay with this.. i might just pick this up at midnight to get some practice time on t r u.. by the looks of players on justin.tv there are already guys that know the maps inside and out...

I finally found out what your avatar is about today. LOL

I've been jammin out to Lady Gaga on Dance Central... don't judge me.

It's funny though, turn up the difficulty one notch on a song that you think is easy (for me, Poison) and all of a sudden your thighs and back start burning like hell. It's really simple to do and learn, but still pretty hard.

Given Homefront's mediocre reviews and my view of the Crysis 2 demo I'm gonna be picking up Crysis 2 in the next couple days. Fantastic looking game with a cool (albeit Halo like) story. I can't help it, I love my sci-fi action games.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)
So I gave Grand Theft Auto 4 another go since I just got bored with it getting it at midnight on launch day and everything. But its the same... the game just isn't that fun.

I've heard lots of similar opinons to this, but to me it was my favourite GTA game so far.

And I base that off playing on PC with a 23 inch monitor and the graphics set on max. I think it's more realistic then what San Andreas was, although it doesn't have the same sort of humor.