2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you with MLB 11 The Show, download the Operation Sports Full Minors roster. It has pretty much every single prospect of every single team - a full-out realistic 90 man roster for each team.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 1, 2011 -> 03:40 AM)
For those of you with MLB 11 The Show, download the Operation Sports Full Minors roster. It has pretty much every single prospect of every single team - a full-out realistic 90 man roster for each team.

Oh s***, it's out? Usually I am checking the site every day for those rosters, but his year I totally forgot since I've been so wrapped up in school/RTTS.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 1, 2011 -> 02:35 AM)
Oh s***, it's out? Usually I am checking the site every day for those rosters, but his year I totally forgot since I've been so wrapped up in school/RTTS.

Yeah and I'm working on a good portion of the first update of that roster.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1159426p1.html

Do the members of anonymous not realize that they are hurting PlayStation Network players by doing this s***? Sony was preventing thievery...not information sharing.

Sony did go pretty far with the lawsuits. They even asked for the IPs of those who watched Geohot's video. That's trying to get private info. I'm not sure I agree with what they're doing, but Sony deserves some kind of backlash for how far they've gone with the PS3 hacking lawsuits. They didn't give a rat's ass with the PSP and PS2.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 08:57 AM)
Nerds.

Dangerous ones at that. Anonymous can break down the infrastructure of an entire company (they pretty much did). I saw an article about this before, where some guy at a security company tried to find out the actual members of Anonymous through social networking. Obviously, Anonymous got pissed and DoS'd that company's site, got all their emails on the mail server, and pretty much screwed a company over that was about to exchange hands to other investors. The company's owner had to beg Anonymous to stop on their IRC. Now, it wasn't a big company by any means, but it just shows what some nerdy hackers with a lot of time on their hands and good organization can do. I wouldn't underestimate them.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
Dangerous ones at that. Anonymous can break down the infrastructure of an entire company (they pretty much did). I saw an article about this before, where some guy at a security company tried to find out the actual members of Anonymous through social networking. Obviously, Anonymous got pissed and DoS'd that company's site, got all their emails on the mail server, and pretty much screwed a company over that was about to exchange hands to other investors. The company's owner had to beg Anonymous to stop on their IRC. Now, it wasn't a big company by any means, but it just shows what some nerdy hackers with a lot of time on their hands and good organization can do. I wouldn't underestimate them.

That was hilarious and completely deserved.

Sony has been really s***ty with DRM in the past, too, so this isn't shocking.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)

Oh, I don't underestimate them one bit.

Mass Effect 3 spoilers;

Piggybacking off of the final DLC available for Mass Effect 2, Arrival, Mass Effect 3 begins with Commander Shepard on trial. In the middle of it, the Reapers show up and start their attack on Earth. If you were concerned that the game would take place entirely on our home turf, don't be. BioWare's Casey Hudson said in the May issue of Game Informer,

"The battle for Earth is lost. The only hope is to flee, gather support, and mount a counter-attack to reclaim the planet."

That means that instead of a focus on gathering squad mates, you'll be courting civilizations like the Salarians or Quarians to help ward off the Reapers and save not only Earth, but the entire galaxy.

Another twist revealed in Game Informer is that Cerberus has also decided to turn against Commander Shepard, though the reasoning for that isn't clear yet.

Bioware hasn't give specifics yet, but Commander Shepard will not start from scratch the way he did in Mass Effect 2.

Weapons are no longer restricted by class and are customizable with different barrels and scopes, etc. Biotic and tech powers are back of course, and Shepard's skill trees will be more fleshed out than before. Additionally, the cover system has been refined so you no longer need to slide into cover and then hop over objects.

So far, BioWare has confirmed the following cast for Mass Effect 3:

•The Illusive Man

•Garrus (if he survived)

•James Sanders (NOT the soldier in the trailer)

•Liara T'Soni

•Kaidan Alenko or Ashley Williams (the Virmire survivor)

•Legion (if he survived)

•Wrex (if he survived)

•Mordin (if he survived)

•Ambassador Udina

•Captain Anderson

Also lostfan I agree with your thoughts on the Arrival DLC, was pretty average unfortunately. The locations weren't great (too many same sort of levels indoors), and it wasn't as long as the Shadow Broker DLC, and the story wasn't as interesting. Also the lack of a real boss fight, when it doubt we'll just chuck a Heavy Mech at ya.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 08:54 AM)
Ahhhh I started to read that and I shouldn't have. I like going in virgin.

Yeah I actually think Casey Hudson revealed a bit too much there.

Especially the bit about Cerberus trying to kill you. My guess is they want to Reapers to destroy the Galaxy, and then they'll destroy the Reapers with the Collectors Technology so they can start up their "perfect human race" (just as some James Bond villian would).

Makes for an interesting dynamic if Miranda is your romantic interest though (if she's coming back).

On Tali, if the Quarians are fighting the Geth and trying to take back their homeworld, maybe she's involved with that.

I'd figure your romantic interest and Tali would be 2 characters they'll also from ME2. Don't see Jacob or Samara / Mornith being involved (although it would be quite hilarious if one of your missions in ME3 would be how to figure out to become involved with Morinth without dying).

Pretty sure you can't at that stage.

My advice would be to do a re-load before that happens, do other missions to build your paragon up, and then you should be able to choose the paragon response when you get to that confrontation.

Otherwise, you won't be able to save whichever one isn't loyal to you for the final mission.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 03:50 AM)
Pretty sure you can't at that stage.

My advice would be to do a re-load before that happens, do other missions to build your paragon up, and then you should be able to choose the paragon response when you get to that confrontation.

Otherwise, you won't be able to save whichever one isn't loyal to you for the final mission.

Decided I'm gonna do this.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
i hope T R U doesnt see this but, is anyone else not able to sign on to PSN right now?

Ah Nevermind...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1163299p1.html

I haven't tried it today, but last time they were in the news I did have issues. Guess I'll stick to my offline modes for a few days. Edit: Yeah, it's not working.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 03:10 AM)
So, going through Mass Effect 2, just got to the Jack/Miranda fight.

Sided with Miranda, lost Jack's loyalty.

I got 4 of the 5 Paragon bars filled up...how can I get Jack's loyalty back?

Jack is a s*** character, I don't care about her. The only reason I bothered to keep her loyalty was for the achievement on the last mission.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
Jack is a s*** character, I don't care about her. The only reason I bothered to keep her loyalty was for the achievement on the last mission.

Same here.

I only want her and Zaeed's loyalty for the achievement and their unique powers, but damn they both piss me off.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 03:24 AM)
Same here.

I only want her and Zaeed's loyalty for the achievement and their unique powers, but damn they both piss me off.

Zaeed is boring... Kasumi is awesome