2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
for sure.. and killzone 3 looks like its going to take over my life sorta like how DC universe did for those 2 weeks.

Two things.

1) Yes, Killzone 3 will rule.

2) You and Carl are playing Kinect together in your signature. He is wiggling. You are naked. Why are you naked?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 11:26 PM)
Two things.

1) Yes, Killzone 3 will rule.

2) You and Carl are playing Kinect together in your signature. He is wiggling. You are naked. Why are you naked?

Im still trying to figure out why im blonde

Well, this is interesting.

Korean electronics giant LG is seeking to block the sales of PlayStation 3 consoles in America as its ongoing patent fight has taken a new twist.

The case, which has been filed with the International Trade Commission, has its roots in complaints Sony made back in December regarding LG's mobile phones and their infringement of several patents according to a Bloomberg report.

LG has reacted by claiming that Sony's HD TVs infringe four patents, and that the PlayStation 3 and other Sony Blu-ray players infringe four other patents.

Official documents reveal that the infringements centre around "the reproduction of data recorded on Blu-ray Disc media."

No more Guitar Hero.

I remember when it was the "must have" thing for everyone. We got GH3 on Black Friday one year and waited in the checkout line for like 5 hours. The stores registers had crashed.

I got my kids the GH World Tour a couple of years ago for Christmas. They still play it every so often when they have friends over but it sits in the box more often than not.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 09:54 AM)
No more Guitar Hero.

I remember when it was the "must have" thing for everyone. We got GH3 on Black Friday one year and waited in the checkout line for like 5 hours. The stores registers had crashed.

I got my kids the GH World Tour a couple of years ago for Christmas. They still play it every so often when they have friends over but it sits in the box more often than not.

We've had the GH World Tour for a couple years as well. We don't play it much, but when we do I wonder why we don't more often. I can see why they are discontinuing it, though. I haven't had a desire to buy a newer version...I have the guitars, drums, and mic.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 09:09 AM)
Activision just ran Guitar Hero into the ground.

Yep it was all about Quantity over Quality in the the end, when you come out with so damn many sequels, it's no wonder.

Hopefully Rock Band still keeps coming out though.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
Yep it was all about Quantity over Quality in the the end, when you come out with so damn many sequels, it's no wonder.

Hopefully Rock Band still keeps coming out though.

Something similar should have happened with Call of Duty already, but people just can't stop playing a similar game with the same game engine for the past 3 years. I am also guilty of this I guess.

The CoD IW engine needs some serious updating.

Edited by chw42

Me and some buddies at work came up with a top 20 videogame spreadsheet which has been interesting to say the least. Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 are far and away leadnig the pack so far. If you want to come up with a list, any console, arcade, or PC game, I will submit it and send you the spreadsheet results

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
Something similar should have happened with Call of Duty already, but people just can't stop playing a similar game with the same game engine for the past 3 years. I am also guilty of this I guess.

The CoD IW engine needs some serious updating.

Call of Duty = Madden. People don't stop running like sheep to buy a slightly different version of the same game they had the year before so I don't see why this would be a problem with CoD.

They should just start numbering CoD by the year like sports games. CoD '11, Co'D '12, etc.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
Call of Duty = Madden. People don't stop running like sheep to buy a slightly different version of the same game they had the year before so I don't see why this would be a problem with CoD.

They should just start numbering CoD by the year like sports games. CoD '11, Co'D '12, etc.

Killzone 3 should rectify this issue for PS3 owners. The beta multiplayer is f***ing brutally awesome.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 07:38 PM)

Except Call of Duty has been steadily improving from Modern Warfare to Black Ops.. I buy Madden and NCAA every year, but lets be honest its almost always the same game

At least CoD offers a new experience in each game whether that be the time frame of the game (Vietnam, Modern, WWII) updates to the multiplayer, the guns, perks, equipment, killstreaks, customizability (sp?)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)
Me and some buddies at work came up with a top 20 videogame spreadsheet which has been interesting to say the least. Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 are far and away leadnig the pack so far. If you want to come up with a list, any console, arcade, or PC game, I will submit it and send you the spreadsheet results

Ocarina of Time

Majoras Mask

Any WCW/WWE game for the 64

Tecmo Super Bowl

Super Mario Bros. 3

Mario Tennis AND Golf

Hot Shots Golf

GTA 3 and on

Twisted Metal

Mario Kart

Goldeneye

Mortal Kombat

theres so many great games I dont even think I could make a list that would do all of them justice

QUOTE (T R U @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 03:08 AM)
Ocarina of Time

Majoras Mask

Tecmo Super Bowl

Super Mario Bros. 3

Mario Tennis AND Golf

Hot Shots Golf

GTA 3 and on

Twisted Metal

Mario Kart

Goldeneye

Mortal Kombat

theres so many great games I dont even think I could make a list that would do all of them justice

Ocarina and Mario64 have been far and away the top vote getters so far.

If you can come up with 20, give them to me and i will submit them. Console included

QUOTE (T R U @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 03:58 AM)
Except Call of Duty has been steadily improving from Modern Warfare to Black Ops.. I buy Madden and NCAA every year, but lets be honest its almost always the same game

At least CoD offers a new experience in each game whether that be the time frame of the game (Vietnam, Modern, WWII) updates to the multiplayer, the guns, perks, equipment, killstreaks, customizability (sp?)

It improves but not drastically enough to feel like a different game. I mean there was definitely a difference between Call of Duty 2 and CoD Modern Warfare, but MW2 felt like I was playing mostly the same game. That kind of killed my interest in Black Ops. I get FPS fatigue after a while.

QUOTE (T R U @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 04:08 AM)
Ocarina of Time

Majoras Mask

Tecmo Super Bowl

Super Mario Bros. 3

Mario Tennis AND Golf

Hot Shots Golf

GTA 3 and on

Twisted Metal

Mario Kart

Goldeneye

Mortal Kombat

I am probably in the minority here, but I LOVED Wave Race.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 12:32 PM)

Top 20 thats tough.

FF7

Crono Trigger

OoT

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

FF6

Mario 64

Super Metroid

Link to the Past

FF4

SW: Knights of the Old Republic

Uncharted 2

Half Life 2

Super Mario World

Legend of Zelda

Shadow of the Collossus

Xenogears

Dragon Quest VIII

God of War

Devil May Cry

Half Life 2

That was tough. Needless to say, I fall on the RPGish side of things.

PS. I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't like Red Dead Redemption. I've tried to get into it the past couple of weeks and just can't do it.

Edited by jphat007

Top 20

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

2. Fallout 3 (barely loses out here)

3. Super Smash Brothers Melee

4. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

5. Half-Life, but mainly for it's mods like Team Fortress and Day of Defeat and other obscure ones like Wanted.

6. Warcraft 3

7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

8. F-Zero GX

10. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

11. Pokemon Red/Blue

12. Resident Evil 4

13. Harvest Moon 64

14. Resistance: Fall of Man

15. TimeSplitters 2

16. Mario Kart Double Dash Or MKWii or MKDS, can't decide. Actually, Diddy Kong Racing may have topped them all.

17. Dragon Warrior 3

18. Fire Emblem

19. Roller Coaster Tycoon

20. Donkey Kong 64 or DKC. Can't decide.

Left out sports games because my likes our obscure. Arcady games like Wii Sports, Wayne Gretzky, any Mario sports game, WCW vs. NWO, NBA Jam, and Ken Griffey SNES all belong. My sim likes are Fifa 2002, College Hoops 2k8, MLB 2005, and NBA 2k5.