2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 05:10 PM)
How am I supposed to play BioShock? I mean I don't have problems making it through the game or anything, I just die a lot more than I think I should.

In the beginning, use plasma, then melee hit. If they're in water, use the electric plasma. Later on, use incinerate or freeze.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
In the beginning, use plasma, then melee hit. If they're in water, use the electric plasma. Later on, use incinerate or freeze.

After a couple of hours I noticed it was a lot easier when I was using plasmids instead of trying to scrounge up ammo, and also I didn't have to bother with trying to kill everything.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 05:34 PM)
After a couple of hours I noticed it was a lot easier when I was using plasmids instead of trying to scrounge up ammo, and also I didn't have to bother with trying to kill everything.

Yep, don't worry. The game gives you more than ample chances to re-up your plasmid bar. I think the first time I played through, I ran out of Eve just once and that was for two seconds. Rest of the game, I had at least two containers of Eve.

Can't wait for Bioshock Infinite to come out.

Played the Killzone 3 demo today. Really impressed actually, it feels a lot better than Killzone 2 and I feel the controls are better. That + the co-op campaign makes me want to buy it.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 01:32 AM)
Played the Killzone 3 demo today. Really impressed actually, it feels a lot better than Killzone 2 and I feel the controls are better. That + the co-op campaign makes me want to buy it.

I really need to get a ps3..... anyone know if somewhere has them for a little cheaper than the normal price?

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 01:39 AM)
I really need to get a ps3..... anyone know if somewhere has them for a little cheaper than the normal price?

Killzone 3 + 160 GB PS3 bundle is coming out next week for $300.

Took me like 3 days to beat BioShock. Lol, I don't know why it was so hard at first. The story takes hat major twist about 2/3 of the way through. I'm missing a bunch of achievements, though.

I know this is a ps3 heavy board but has anyone here played Alan Wake? That game is different.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
Took me like 3 days to beat BioShock. Lol, I don't know why it was so hard at first. The story takes hat major twist about 2/3 of the way through. I'm missing a bunch of achievements, though.

I know this is a ps3 heavy board but has anyone here played Alan Wake? That game is different.

Yeah it was really no problem at all to beat Bioshock, 1 or 2, they were both pretty short.. nope, never played Alan Wake.. for some reason the game just didnt appeal to me..

I will say this though, I JUST bought Borderlands the other day and man I feel dumb for not playing that sooner.. its awesome

QUOTE (T R U @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)
Yeah it was really no problem at all to beat Bioshock, 1 or 2, they were both pretty short.. nope, never played Alan Wake.. for some reason the game just didnt appeal to me..

I will say this though, I JUST bought Borderlands the other day and man I feel dumb for not playing that sooner.. its awesome

I like the co-op campaign on that.

QUOTE (T R U @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)

ugh i hate ur job, u left me hanging with the kids and i was forced to play *gulp* Halo Reach online, man what a terrible experience! Quit your job so we can borderlands it up all day long

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 06:33 PM)
ugh i hate ur job, u left me hanging with the kids and i was forced to play *gulp* Halo Reach online, man what a terrible experience! Quit your job so we can borderlands it up all day long

Dude I came back that night and they said that you went to get beer, and that was an hour ago, and you never came back.. but yes I heard about the Halo experience

Colant let me join his game so I went from lvl 4 to like lvl 15 in about 20 minutes.. I also have more money than ill ever need, it was awesome

I can finally add Red Dead Redemption to my list of Rockstar games that I’ve completed to 100%. The others are

GTA – Vice City

GTA – San Andreas

GTA- Liberty City Stories

GTA – Vice City Stories

GTA IV

Next up is either Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare or GTA – The Ballad of Gay Tony.

I’ve also got GTA – The Lost and Damned but haven’t started it yet.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 01:39 AM)

I'd recommend you buy at Costco. They will also have the Killzone 3 + 160GB system, available tomorrow for $299

I bought mine last year at Costco. Sadly, my PS3 died in the flood last year, but Costco took it back, gave me full price that i paid, and i bought a new one.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Feb 21, 2011 -> 01:44 PM)
I'd recommend you buy at Costco. They will also have the Killzone 3 + 160GB system, available tomorrow for $299

I bought mine last year at Costco. Sadly, my PS3 died in the flood last year, but Costco took it back, gave me full price that i paid, and i bought a new one.

Dangit I have a Sams card not a Costco one, Im definitely going to get one in near future though..... in time to buy the new NHL and NBA games.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 21, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
Dangit I have a Sams card not a Costco one, Im definitely going to get one in near future though..... in time to buy the new NHL and NBA games.

That Killzone bundle is sold everywhere.