2011 Music Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Katy Perry concert was pretty f***ing retarded. Her outfits weren't even hot, save the cat one, and it seemed geared towards children (cotton candy, lollipops, and dumbass outfits), filled with talk about sex, getting high, and dropping some f-bombs.

I especially enjoyed when the 6 year old girl sitting in front of us threw slayer to a comment about being high and f***ed up.

Kinda weird.

Uproar tomorrow!

Side Stage:

Art of Dying

Black Tide

Sevendust

Main Stage:

Escape the Fate

Bullet for my Valentine

Seether

Three Days Grace

Avenged Sevenfold

Is there anything better than being at an all day concert? This thing will prolly run 2 till 11, and I will be metal guns a blazin'

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 02:57 AM)
Saw Pearl Jam for the first time today... Not too siiked about their setlist, Oh well, hopefully they will do better tomorrow. I told my lil bro that I would buy him PJ tix for his birthday. I'm an awful person.

What did you think?

I just got back.

I am a fan of most of their stuff but I gotta tell the shows were very underwhelming. I was on the lawn and it seemed last night that the crowd was not into it.

Unless you really liked their deep stuff (Wash, Smile) the flow was just not there.

They can be real hit or miss with their setlists.

I thought the Sunday set tied up the loose ends. I guess it should be looked at as one set over the span of two days. The pace and setlist of Saturday's show was just bizarre. Totally agree about the deep stuff- I thought that was partially at fault for the lack of energy (although Wash is one of my favorites). The covers and the parade of guest vocalists threw me off a bit too. No problems here with having Cornell do Temple of the Dog stuff though as those songs are phenomenal. We made it in time for The Strokes on Saturday and didn't get to see any openers on Sunday. Overall, it was fun. I might not have been as pleased Saturday night right after the show, but it's Tuesday now and the entire weekend is really growing on me. In the long run this is one that I think will be memorable.

I hope they still do those skinny cardboard case bootlegs.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft