2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (juddling @ Jan 24, 2011 -> 06:46 AM)
Last week's Fringe was awesome. i really hope this switch to Fridays doesn't kill the show. It's nice to see AI rating down from last year.

I enjoyed the return episode of Fringe, I hope they tie up a lot this season because I have little faith that show will last much longer after it's move to Friday (the death knell of tv shows)...despite it being my favorite show on TV right now.

Was reading stuff from TV Critics press conference and AMC has yet to renew Mad Men and they don't know when or if it will be back. Rumors are they are having trouble negotiating deals with actors. Gulp

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 10:17 AM)
Is it wrong that i enjoyed parts of "Perfect Couples"? The Olivia Munn couple needs to be toned down as they will get old fast, but try and do it without down sizing Olivia Munn's screen time. Hmmm

I thought it was bad......really bad. All of the characters were too loud and way too annoying.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 05:12 PM)
Jersey Shore to film season 4 in Italy. Besides the fact that they aren't all full Italians, should be an entertaining train wreck.

I do not watch Jersey Shore.

And since you do, know that your IQ is dropping precipitously by the week.

Watched the first two episodes of Lights Out. Another winner for FX. Like Terriers, though, I think it was not marketed well. Most of the previews I saw showed bits of boxing matches. I imagine there will be some boxing as the season goes along, but the show is really about the main character's struggles after leaving the sport.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 08:06 AM)
Watched the first two episodes of Lights Out. Another winner for FX. Like Terriers, though, I think it was not marketed well. Most of the previews I saw showed bits of boxing matches. I imagine there will be some boxing as the season goes along, but the show is really about the main character's struggles after leaving the sport.

Last night was very good. I think next week is a big episode for the show because we assume Lights has to do the rematch but doesn't know it yet and can the show go for a few weeks with minimum boxing scenes.

Hope the storylines click.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 05:28 PM)
I do not watch Jersey Shore.

And since you do, know that your IQ is dropping precipitously by the week.

Thats OK. All the Jay Cutler discussions the last few days have been raising my IQ by much higher levels.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)
Started watching season 1 of Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Very Frank Miller-ish in the style...lots of blood and nudity. My kind of show...

I liked it a lot. Season 2 just started but I no longer have Starz so i'm gonna have to try and find it online.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 08:42 AM)
I don't know how many folks out there watch Survivor, but the long-rumored Rob vs. Russell season is official.

I'm really looking forward to Survivor. I've been a fan since season 1. :)

I watched the introduction videos for each contestant on the cbs.com Survivor site and I think I'm gonna be a huge fan of Ralph. He seems like he'll be another Big Tom type.

I also like how there seems to be more tomboy girls instead of princessy Parvati-types that lay around on the beach all day.

I'm also a big fan of both Russell and Rob, and I hope they both make it to the merge. But if I was competing on Survivor, I'd do everything I can to vote Rob or Russell off if they were on my tribe.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)
I'm curious what the stipulation with them is because if they are on seperate tribes, the other people should get together and vote em off. The only way it would work is if you put them on the same tribe and let em go at it.

I know a lot of people are sick of Russell but I want him on as much as possible. Best player ever and still pissed he didn't win his original season when it shouldn't of even been close. I don't even remember the girls name that won.

I have a feeling they'll do this season the same way they did the Guatemala season with the return of Stephenie and Bobby Jon.

Also, I agree with you about how Russell deserved to win. It pisses me off how there are so many crybabies on Survivor that doesn't take a step back and recognize the genius of strategists. It annoys me whenever someone like Natalie or Fabio wins Survivor.

Also... since we're talking about Survivor, I wish they would put more overweight guys on. I was a HUGE Fan of the Fat Five Alliance (Chris, Sarge, Chad, Rory, Bubba) from Vanuatu, and I wish they had more guys like them instead of buff-looking guys.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)
Oh so Im a big survivor fan, and if I had to pick a survivor from any season to win 1million for me it would be Tom in season 10. 5 out of 7 immunities, killing a shark with a machete, and winning 6-1, that is domination.

My pick would be Rob Cesternino from Amazon. :) That dude is one of my all-time favorite strategic Suvivors in Survivor history.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 26, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)
I've never heard of this...

It's a new FX show about a retired boxer dealing with money and family issues (to place it in it's simplest form). The show is only 3 episodes deep, I recommend anyone hop on board.

Caight up with The Office and Modern Family last night. The Office is very good this season. They're doing a decent job of developing the other characters, which will be important with Michael leaving. Modern Family is one of the funniest shows on TV.