2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ May 24, 2011 -> 06:29 AM)
Good final episode of the Chicago Code last night. I thought the show really took off over the past few weeks. Too bad it was cancelled. Maybe another network will pick it up?

The show definitely picked up as the season went on. There were some good twists & turns in the finale, but I was a bit disappointed, felt like something was missing. Maybe that's just because it wasn't renewed?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 24, 2011 -> 07:52 AM)
The show definitely picked up as the season went on. There were some good twists & turns in the finale, but I was a bit disappointed, felt like something was missing. Maybe that's just because it wasn't renewed?

To me it seemed like they wrapped up a bunch of stuff really quick, as if they knew it wasn't going to be renewed (or they filmed two different finales?).

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 23, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
The Killing has turned out to be a mediocre show. It had a lot of promise but didn't achieve its potential.

Normally I hold your opinion in high regard, but I could not disagree with this post any more. I thought this week's episode was outstanding.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 24, 2011 -> 08:40 AM)
Normally I hold your opinion in high regard, but I could not disagree with this post any more. I thought this week's episode was outstanding.

It's gotten to the point where I really don't care about any of the characters, especially Rosie Larson. Each episode follows the exact same formula and it's getting a bit repetitive. And by no means do I hate the show. It just doesn't reach the level of quality writing that the other AMC dramas have achieved.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ May 24, 2011 -> 08:39 AM)
To me it seemed like they wrapped up a bunch of stuff really quick, as if they knew it wasn't going to be renewed (or they filmed two different finales?).

I agree. The way they were finally able to indict Gibbons just felt so forced. The Wysockis are the main characters, so let's close up the story with Vince & bust Gibbons at the same time with evidence from 15 years ago. At no point in the last 15 years, did they try to find that information? They just happened to find it hours before the grand jury was over, how convenient.

And the end scene with Colvin about to f*** the random guy was a bit unnecassary.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 24, 2011 -> 09:28 AM)
I agree. The way they were finally able to indict Gibbons just felt so forced. The Wysockis are the main characters, so let's close up the story with Vince & bust Gibbons at the same time with evidence from 15 years ago. At no point in the last 15 years, did they try to find that information? They just happened to find it hours before the grand jury was over, how convenient.

And the end scene with Colvin about to f*** the random guy was a bit unnecassary.

I agree. It was like they were saying, "Look she is human."

I also think they had a much bigger part planned for Jarek's niece. It turned out she was nothing more than a secondary character.

The Event hasnt really been explicitly explained.

One of the character said that it would have to do with the 2 different species interacting and would end with the humans dead and the other species evolving.

The season ended with the other planet being teleported next to Earth.

Since that was all from the last episode I gave it spoilers.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 24, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)

One of the character said that it would have to do with the 2 different species interacting and would end with the humans dead and the other species evolving.

I'm glad I didn't watch knowing NBC's cheesy advertising "MORE COLOR!" couldn't pull in enough audience to keep it afloat. I'd really hate to have invested the time into it, have what is described in those spoilers happen, and then nothing more since it was clearly leading somewhere cool.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 24, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
The Event hasnt really been explicitly explained.

Since that was all from the last episode I gave it spoilers.

Gallifrey, yes?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)
I repeat. Game of Thrones is fantastic.

1000% agreed. First couple episodes were tough because the families and relationships were confusing but now it makes more sense. Really curious what is beyond that wall.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2011 -> 11:25 AM)
Does the show follow the books? I'd like to read them, but don't want to spoil the show.

More or less so far. Some of the character portrayals are modified a bit, but the main story is the same so far. The younger characters are all a few years older than they were in the books, probably because it'd be weird to have a 13 yo Danaerys getting pregnant.

There's currently four books (about 4000 pages probably), a fifth due this summer and two more in the future. I'd say the show would spoil the books more than the other way around.

Kalapse,

Had to look up with Gallifrey was and Im not sure what the question was.

----

Game of Thrones has been great, they could have given a little back story to start, but maybe they didnt want it to seem to much like Lord of the Rings. Just something about the families, etc.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 25, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)
There's currently four books (about 4000 pages probably), a fifth due this summer and two more in the future. I'd say the show would spoil the books more than the other way around.

Awesome, after I finish '2030' (awesome), I'll get started on these.