2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 20, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)

I just watched the last 2 episodes last night and I don't really get all the hate this show is getting. Simmons goes a little too far here. Really? You're going to question AMC for this? Ridiculous. If I'm AMC i'm laughing all the way to the bank. This show got more people talking than any marketing campaign could. They'll absolutely get a bunch of viewers back next year to find out who killed her and why Holder (i'm guessing the most popular character in the show) did what he did.

I mean, overall the show sucked, especially compared to the Mad Men/Breaking Bad's of the world. Way too many red herrings, way too many boring and unnecessary scenes (the whole Sonoma thing, the whole Bennett thing, the whole Larson family thing). And you had to know that someone in the campaign was involved (especially the main candidate) since they spent SO much time on that boring s***. If anything my complaint of the show would be that it was boring as hell with bad writing, not that they somehow strung me along only to pull the rug at the last second.

And I can already guess that next year it'll take 6 episodes to find the "real" killer, and then it'll take the remaining season (or more) to find him/her. Snooze.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So yeah, The Challenge: Rivals took half an episode for Adam to get kicked off... I love it.

Oh man, all the close-shots of TJ Lavin, and the voice-over as he re-recorded sentences he clearly struggled getting out during filming... maybe he should have taken more time to get himself together, maybe take a season off... he could barely walk.

I hope he still has some recovery to do, and the poor guy isn't this messed up from here on out.

I never watched the RW: Vegas, but that Adam kid had no chance to survive past an episode or two. That wasn't even the most heated argument and he was already throwing punches. Then he couldn't understand why they were taking him away. Classic.

I'm expecting something good from CT. He said he's a changed man because of his brother's murder, but by the end he was drinking wine straight out the bottle, so the old CT is still in the house.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 10:30 AM)
I'm expecting something good from CT. He said he's a changed man because of his brother's murder, but by the end he was drinking wine straight out the bottle, so the old CT is still in the house.

Oh yeah, you know CT will blow up. I do like that he was all about going after Kenny & Wes, vs letting them run the show.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 11:52 AM)
I love me some Louie, and I'll check out Wilfred or whatever it's called.

What did y'all think? I thought Wilfred was amusing and that Elijah Wood and the dog guy were great (loved his accent). I hope the writing stays sharp, because I can see the novelty of the premise wearing off fast.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 10:41 AM)
What did y'all think? I thought Wilfred was amusing and that Elijah Wood and the dog guy were great (loved his accent). I hope the writing stays sharp, because I can see the novelty of the premise wearing off fast.

It rests on the DVR, but I haven't heard anything good yet.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 11:01 AM)
It rests on the DVR, but I haven't heard anything good yet.

I thought it was good enough to keep me watching. The very end interests me in next week.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
After a few weeks Franklin and Bash has still been entertaining. Men of a Certain Age (to me) is still amazingly good and I was not disappointed in the season premeire of Burn Notice.

I like F&B as well. It's not perticularly good, but it is fun and mindless entertainment for me.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:09 AM)
I just watched the last 2 episodes last night and I don't really get all the hate this show is getting. Simmons goes a little too far here. Really? You're going to question AMC for this? Ridiculous. If I'm AMC i'm laughing all the way to the bank. This show got more people talking than any marketing campaign could. They'll absolutely get a bunch of viewers back next year to find out who killed her and why Holder (i'm guessing the most popular character in the show) did what he did.

I mean, overall the show sucked, especially compared to the Mad Men/Breaking Bad's of the world. Way too many red herrings, way too many boring and unnecessary scenes (the whole Sonoma thing, the whole Bennett thing, the whole Larson family thing). And you had to know that someone in the campaign was involved (especially the main candidate) since they spent SO much time on that boring s***. If anything my complaint of the show would be that it was boring as hell with bad writing, not that they somehow strung me along only to pull the rug at the last second.

And I can already guess that next year it'll take 6 episodes to find the "real" killer, and then it'll take the remaining season (or more) to find him/her. Snooze.

According to the interview with the creator, the killer will be 100% revealed, and the case will be closed, in addition to a new murder and storyline all within S2. So I am thinking it will end 2-3 episodes into the season.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
According to the interview with the creator, the killer will be 100% revealed, and the case will be closed, in addition to a new murder and storyline all within S2. So I am thinking it will end 2-3 episodes into the season.

I can tell you there will be a resolution to this investigation in season 2 and there will also be the emergence of another case in season 2, but I can't tell you specifically where either of those happen.

I dunno. I take that as it's possible that they "resolve" the investigation by finding out who did it, and then using the remaining time to finding some higher ups or something that ordered it.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 12:17 AM)
Watched Wilfred tonight. Wish I thought it was as funny as you guys did. I mean, I will continue to watch, and it's an interesting concept, but I really didn't think it was very funny.

I only recall one poster liking it... I still haven't thought it'd be a good way to spend any half hour, but I'll hit play eventually.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:36 AM)
I only recall one poster liking it... I still haven't thought it'd be a good way to spend any half hour, but I'll hit play eventually.

Both Felix and I enjoyed the premier.

We need to hunt down some premiere dates. Copy and paste this list and add the shows that interest you as the summer rolls along.

Big Brother 7/07 - 7 CT (CBS)

Curb Your Enthusiasm 7/10 - 9CT (HBO)

Breaking Bad 7/17 - 9 CT (AMC)

Entourage 7/24 - 9:30 CT (HBO)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:10 AM)
Weeds wasnt bad, but its still hokey how everything comes together sometimes.

I'm debating whether I even want to bother with this show anymore. Last year was a chore to get through.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 11:12 AM)
I'm debating whether I even want to bother with this show anymore. Last year was a chore to get through.

Last season was awful outside the last 3 episodes. It's 22 minutes a week so it's not like I waste time watching it, although I don't enjoy it as much as first 3 seasons.