2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 11:03 AM)
Best book in the series so far in my opinion and most others. The next two are still good, but the narrative gets a bit lost with the way they were split up and with some extra chapters crammed into ADWD because of the large time gaps between book releases (Martin didn't want to leave readers waiting 10 years for updates on some characters, like he did with AFFC).

Just started AFFC and I already hate that I'm not going to get any Tyrion chapters in this book. Just want to get to ADWD.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 10:53 AM)
True Blood and Curb were both just average. Saving Entourage for tonight.

Yeah, couple good moments with Curb but definitely the worst of the season.

I loved the "I'm going to be the Edmund Hillary of s***ting where you eat" line though

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 12:26 PM)
No Breaking Bad thoughts yet? Skylar is awesomely evil, and I can't wait to see how Jesse spirals out.

You can just see how much colder and calculating Walt is now. When they were discussing hurting the car wash owner and Skylar was against it, you could tell that that was the only thing going through Walt's mind even though he said he agreed with her.

No Breaking Bad thoughts yet? Skylar is awesomely evil, and I can't wait to see how Jesse spirals out.

The Jesse storyline kind of bores me right now, but I loved the way they shot Skylar and that guy manipulating the Car Wash owner. Great editing and it really made me go "f*** yeah! Get him!" in my head while it was happening. I was pumped. A little disappointed how predictable the phone call scene was where Walt kept saying he won't call back, and he kept calling back. Figured the writers would have a better way to convey that. The whole Marie thing is pretty weird. She annoys me. I feel like there is so much tension building up between Hank and Marie that I am just expecting one of them to blow up on the other, but nothing so far.

I really want to know what was in the diary of Gale's though.

The show never disappoints. I love how Skylar has not only accepted Walt's lifestyle but has dove right in. Jesse's spiraling out of control pretty quick. I guess when you kill a guy then watch another guy get his throat cut right in front of you, you might have a tendency to lose your s***.

Definitely a darker season so far.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 08:01 AM)
The show never disappoints. I love how Skylar has not only accepted Walt's lifestyle but has dove right in. Jesse's spiraling out of control pretty quick. I guess when you kill a guy then watch another guy get his throat cut right in front of you, you might have a tendency to lose your s***.

Skylar's character is by far the worst. She's the Kate from Lost. Zero redeeming qualities. My wife and I were basically screaming at the TV last night as she started to give Walt s*** for the black eye and for not returning her phone calls. Like, f*** you, you ran out on him. I dunno why Walt is even dealing with her. I guess he has to in order to keep his cover.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 08:01 AM)

I don't think the throat slitting did much to him. As I recall, he seemed to not be nearly as shaken by it as Walt was. As was already said, though, his storyline isn't really drawing me in that much.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 09:19 AM)
Skylar's character is by far the worst. She's the Kate from Lost. Zero redeeming qualities. My wife and I were basically screaming at the TV last night as she started to give Walt s*** for the black eye and for not returning her phone calls. Like, f*** you, you ran out on him. I dunno why Walt is even dealing with her. I guess he has to in order to keep his cover.

She reminds me a lot of Carmela from the Sopranos. And strangely enough, I considered Carmela the worst person on that show. Basically everybody on that show was bad, but most were honest with themselves. Carmela always tried to pretend that she was better than the lifestyle of her husband, but she was often an enabler and never hesitated to take his money. She flaunted her wealth at others and got upset when someone was more successful than her (anyone remember when she couldn't stand that p****'s wife made herself a nice little fortune on her own after her husband died?). She used her husband's clout to get her way on several occasions, often making very veiled threats to people (the letter of recommendation from the neighbor's sister). And the worst thing she did was basically get Vito killed, as she knew the consequences of telling Tony. When Meadow told her about it, saying that she didn't want to tell her dad, the very first thing she does when Tony enters the room is to force Meadow to tell him. Being the wife of a mob boss for so long, there is absolutely no way she didn't understand that she was murdering Vito. Tangent over.

That's the 2nd time it seemed like MTV rigged a Jungle. No other Jungle had been repeated, then you put the two smallest chicks vs the Amazonian girl...what did you think would happen? Hope Argentina is as entertaining as the previews make it.

P.S. Jen has some very big breasts

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)
As was already said, though, his storyline isn't really drawing me in that much.

I'm digging that storyline personally. Aaron Paul, who I assume has never been strung out on anything, is just doing a ridiculously great acting job. I think outside of Gus, he's my favorite character in the show.

Walt is getting on my nerves, which I suppose he's supposed to being he's turned into a "bad" guy. The car wash deal is actually my least favorite storyline....I mean christ, you've got to find a way to launder money, it's really not that exciting.

We need more Gus and Mike....I missed them both dearly in this week's episode.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
I'm digging that storyline personally. Aaron Paul, who I assume has never been strung out on anything, is just doing a ridiculously great acting job. I think outside of Gus, he's my favorite character in the show.

Walt is getting on my nerves, which I suppose he's supposed to being he's turned into a "bad" guy. The car wash deal is actually my least favorite storyline....I mean christ, you've got to find a way to launder money, it's really not that exciting.

We need more Gus and Mike....I missed them both dearly in this week's episode.

I like character of Gus, but I also want him to get his and I'm sure he will. I'd have to say that Mike is my favorite character.

Jasmine and Jonna had no chance in that Jungle last night. Can Jenny be anymore repulsive? I'm assuming next week, if CT and Adam dont win the Challenge and go into the Jungle, that Leroy and Michael win so Wes/Kenny or Johnny/Tyler have to face them. Hopefully Johnny vs CT rematch.

Hope Michael got a shot after making our with Paula.

Felix, they had a marathon on IFC this past weekend of the Aussie version of Wilfred. I agree it's a tad darker. I also like the love interest more in that version. The one on the F/X series makes me want to punch the screen whenever I see her. I find her incredibly annoying.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)
That's the 2nd time it seemed like MTV rigged a Jungle. No other Jungle had been repeated, then you put the two smallest chicks vs the Amazonian girl...what did you think would happen? Hope Argentina is as entertaining as the previews make it.

P.S. Jen has some very big breasts

*Jenn... she is, however, nasty.

That Jungle was a f***ing joke. There was no reason to even watch it. Laurel with her mustache looked like an NFL linebacker out there. It's too bad, as I really enjoy those two rookies. Even Cara Maria can't save my hatred of Laurel.

I cannot wait to watch CT f***ing annihilate everyone next week in that crazy game.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 11:22 PM)
I like character of Gus, but I also want him to get his and I'm sure he will. I'd have to say that Mike is my favorite character.

I finally got around to watching this week's "Breaking Bad", and it was really, really good. I liked that we got back to the kleptomania storyline with Hank's wife. I do feel bad for the car wash owner, but whatever.

Jessie clearly can NEVER be alone, though I don't know that we have evidence of his abusing drugs. He was smoking a cigarette, sure, but being around it doesn't mean he's doing it. He's turned his home into a crack house so he'll never have to face his demons... instead he can make cracked out lunatics dance for cash to keep his mind at ease.

We've gotten through 3 basically set up episodes, and now we're ready to take off... I can't wait!

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 04:27 AM)
Jasmine and Jonna had no chance in that Jungle last night. Can Jenny be anymore repulsive? I'm assuming next week, if CT and Adam dont win the Challenge and go into the Jungle, that Leroy and Michael win so Wes/Kenny or Johnny/Tyler have to face them. Hopefully Johnny vs CT rematch.

Hope Michael got a shot after making our with Paula.

The previews for next week look great. Michael looks like he snaps. I'm also officially rooting for Team Laurel.

Over the past few weeks I've been watching Breaking Bad, and I'm hooked. I'm about halfway through the 3rd season now and it's just been fantastic.

Two things I just don't like so far:

1) Skylar, she turned into a mega b****

2) Hank, they are killing his character's personality that I loved in the first two seasons.