2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to avoid reality shows altogether. I liked one season of the Real World but couldn't get back into it because it's always the same. That's why I don't understand the Jersey Shore love. It sounds like it's them going out and getting drunk and being stupid every episode. I don't know because I don't watch it, but I can't see how it hasn't gotten old at this point.

I got sucked into a couple of the seasons of The Real World years ago. The one with Puck and that guy that ended up dying from aids and also the one where they were in Hawaii. I also watched a couple of the RR/RW challenges when they first started doing them. I also watched one season of Teen Mom with my wife. Probably because we could relate to it. We were only 18 when we had our first kid.

Other than that I really haven't paid much attention to any of the MTV reality shows.

I do admit to watching other reality shows though. You almost can't get away from them anymore. Stuff like Pawn Stars, American Chopper, Hoarders, Intervention, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, Hogan Knows Best, The Osbornes, Storage Wars, Holmes on Homes...

Although some of them are a little different type of reality show where they aren't following the daily lives of a set "cast".

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 08:35 PM)
I haven't watched that in years either. Don't take it so personally.

I didnt take it personally considering I wasnt even in the conversation when the comments were made. I just got a chuckle out of the hypocrisy of your statement. Dont take that personally.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Aug 26, 2011 -> 06:39 PM)
I suppose its not as complex as something like "pro" wrestling but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Everytime I try and watch a TV show to be entertained I just cant do it knowing that its fake.. Im watching Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but I cant get into it because I know its staged.. same thing with movies too, I don't like watching them either because they aren't real.. its impossible to find something entertaining that you know isn't real

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
So yeah, 30 mins in and Breaking Bad is bringing it.

It is really getting good

Question #1 is was the gun they gave to Jesse loaded? Anyways, that cartel scene was spectacular. He offered them $50 million, and they didn't even blink.

After that, how about Hank getting back on to the wagon again? That was pretty damned impressive to get Gus and go fingerprint him from the little bit of evidence he had.