2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 11:07 PM)
Checked out Homeland after reading about it here.....I'll definitely be watching the next episode. Impressive.

I DVR'ed it and watched it last night. My comment was "If you have Showtime, you need to watch Homeland. And if you don't have Showtime, you need to get it so you can watch Homeland." The previews for the rest of the season is what set me off on it. The first episode was obviously a buildup....but the rest of the season looks intense.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
Yeah?

I was planning on watching, but I literally don't have time to add another show.

Same here. And I just don't think a horror themes TV show can last and have longevity. I hope Walking Dead proves me wrong.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
All the reviews for American Horror Story have been totally negative.

I've read a few reviews that say people will either love it or hate it. I'm going to give it a shot, but I'm willing to bet more people will hate than love. FX isn't afraid of cancelling good shows with low ratings (Terriers, Over There).

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
Same here. And I just don't think a horror themes TV show can last and have longevity. I hope Walking Dead proves me wrong.

I don't have much hope since they slashed their budget so much. Honestly, the writing (mostly the dialogue) was pretty sub-par so without all of the aesthetic appeal, I don't know how good it'll be.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)
I don't have much hope since they slashed their budget so much. Honestly, the writing (mostly the dialogue) was pretty sub-par so without all of the aesthetic appeal, I don't know how good it'll be.

What was the thought process behind that? I thought that series was getting a ridiculous amount of viewers.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
What was the thought process behind that? I thought that series was getting a ridiculous amount of viewers.

Dumb management. It's why Frank Darabont was fired/quit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/walk...ed-fired-221449

At a glance, it would appear AMC is taking a big risk with its only huge commercial success. Mad Men and Breaking Bad are Emmy magnets that average 2.3 million and 4.3 million viewers, respectively. But Walking Dead, based on a series of graphic novels, attracted an astonishing 5.3 million viewers when it premiered on Halloween. The season finale in December drew more than 6 million viewers. In the 18-to-49 demo, it chalked up the biggest number ever for any drama on basic cable.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Edited by StrangeSox

apparently they tried some really dumb s*** with Breaking Bad, too:

A source on Walking Dead says wistfully that if a studio owned the show, the producers might have gotten help in the battles with AMC. In the case of Breaking Bad, Sony responded to the network's decision to cut the number of episodes from 13 to six or eight by shopping the series to FX, which isn't possible with Walking Dead. (Breaking Bad now appears likely to remain on AMC.)

Yeah, I thought American Horror Story too. A really good sign is that I wasn't just decently scared (there was some creepy scenes), but I'm also waiting to see where they take the story. I'll stick around for a bit.

Homeland was also really good.

As much as i'm liking this season of SOA, am I the only one having trouble with the blackmailing of Juice storyline? I mean the whole thing is built on Juice scared about the club finding out he's half black. I know at least once before they met another chapter who had a black guy in it. That plus the club has never had any major overtones of being racist. Maybe i'm missing something but I just wish this storyline would go away

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 02:26 AM)
As much as i'm liking this season of SOA, am I the only one having trouble with the blackmailing of Juice storyline? I mean the whole thing is built on Juice scared about the club finding out he's half black. I know at least once before they met another chapter who had a black guy in it. That plus the club has never had any major overtones of being racist. Maybe i'm missing something but I just wish this storyline would go away

I keep thinking this as well. I feel like Juice could go to Jax/Clay, tell them everything about the cop and his being informed he's half-black (little white lie like he didn't know). I don't think they'd care, but who knows. Remember, as much as we like the Sons, they're very bad dudes!

I'm really enjoying the show on the whole, though, per the usual.

Up All Night is just solid every week. It also gives me a weekly dose of Will Arnett, which is a dream come true.

Also, Modern Family has stepped their game back up. I thought it wasn't as funny in season 2, and season 3 has been on par with season 1 so far.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)
I've given up on it. Not enough laughs and the whole Maya Rudolph side plot is atrocious.

To each his own. You are in a solid minority of people who didn't enjoy. Go listen to Pearl Jam and root for the Mariners already.