2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty amazing ending. it definitely felt like a series finale to me.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/...s&seid=auto

Q.

I have to say that this season finale almost felt like a series finale, with all of the story lines that it appears to wrap up. Was that by design?

A.

That is on purpose. We weren’t sure that we would have a fifth season when we were plotting out the end of Season 4. So we wanted to make the end of Season 4 as satisfying and as complete as possible, not knowing what the future would hold. Having said that, there are a couple of big, outstanding questions still in play. But I agree with you, if the show had not gone on past the end of Season 4 – although I’m very happy to say that it indeed will – but if it weren’t to go forward, I think I could be satisfied on some level, by that episode.

Yeah, I called a bell-activated wheel chair suicide as well. Didn't really like how Gus able to somehow walk out of the room and be completely composed. That was too much IMO.

Also, I think Mike or the black guy planted the Lilly of the Valley berries, and then put it in Walt's backyard. I can't see Walt poisoning a child.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 12:06 AM)
Yeah, I called a bell-activated wheel chair suicide as well. Didn't really like how Gus able to somehow walk out of the room and be completely composed. That was too much IMO.

Also, I think Mike or the black guy planted the Lilly of the Valley berries, and then put it in Walt's backyard. I can't see Walt poisoning a child.

It could not be clearer that Walt poisoned the kid. This was my point about having to be punched in the face with something. You just caught a right hook, and you don't know it somehow.

Remember when he played spin-the-bottle and the gun pointed at

at him twice, then pointed at THE EXACT PLANT THAT HAPPENS TO SHARE THE NAME OF THE POISON THAT ALMOST KILLED THE KID? The one that Jesse said is commonly ingested by children, and then Walt had a s***-eating grin on his face about? God damn it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 02:35 AM)
It could not be clearer that Walt poisoned the kid. This was my point about having to be punched in the face with something. You just caught a right hook, and you don't know it somehow.

at him twice, then pointed at THE EXACT PLANT THAT HAPPENS TO SHARE THE NAME OF THE POISON THAT ALMOST KILLED THE KID? The one that Jesse said is commonly ingested by children, and then Walt had a s***-eating grin on his face about? God damn it.

This.

Walt is gone. He's Heisenberg now.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 02:35 AM)

Yeah, there really is not a question as to Walt pulling that off. The episode was awesome. It really did tie up the loose ends extremely well.

About all that is left at this point is for Mike to emerge, either as revenge motivated, or as the new Capo of SuperMeth Inc. There is also probably room for the DEA to declare the case "over" with the Meth, but then Hank to pick up on some obscure clue to figure out that it is back on again, and lead him back to his brother in law.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 08:32 AM)
Not a BB spoiler but...

Wonder if Walt becomes the new meth king at series end

I don't see it. I think he's going to get his, one way or another. Next season basically has to be about Hank tracking him down, and with Gus' death in connection with Tio (former cartel), Hank almost certainly has the pull to investigate Gus' death. And since we all know Gus was videotaping the meth lab, there could be a lot of evidence that Walt was behind it all.

Add in Jesse likely eventually figuring out Walt poisoned the kid and gaining motivation to turn on Walt, and next season is going to be some fun.