2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 04:54 PM)
I actually thought that the only end was Jimmy being killed, but I thought they did a good job of leaving it unclear if Nucky was actually going to do it: "Well that means I have a decision to make" and then having Jimmy do all of his dirty work with regard to the KKK, treasurer etc.

I think next season will be a little different, clearly Van Alden going to Cicero isnt just a coincidence and with the trial/Darmody story line wrapped up, seems Nucky needs some new enemies. Maybe its time that the church and Nucky go to war.

Perhaps he goes the route of Al Neri from The Godfather trilogy.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
They changed Nucky's name for the show in order to be able to stray from the biography of the actual Nucky Johnson.

Yeah but I don't think they would stray from real life that far. We'll see I guess....

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)
That would be great if the series lasted long enough to get in to John Dillenger's rise, but I would imagine we would have to see the show go 7 or 8 seasons unless they pull off a big time jump of 2-3 years.

I don't think it'd be a huge stretch, as the next season will already be 1922 or 1923. But I don't think they need to add any other historical characters, plus I think Dillinger was located more throughout the Midwest.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
I don't think it'd be a huge stretch, as the next season will already be 1922 or 1923. But I don't think they need to add any other historical characters, plus I think Dillinger was located more throughout the Midwest.

He was, but I would just really like to see him involved in some way, mainly because I live right down the street from the jail he was kept in, and eventually escaped from.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 11:28 PM)
Cmon, someone discuss Boardwalk. That was amazing.

What will happen to Richard? I don't think he just goes away.

Could have been a series finale. I have no idea where the show goes from here. I don't really care for the nucky character. Maybe it will draw me back in next year.

QUOTE (MAX @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 01:58 AM)
I loved it. Also, claire danes was spectacular.

Without question. Probably her Emmy episode.

The finale looks loaded.

I'm guessing not just one attack but a couple that keep getting bigger.

I have to get up at 3:30 on Monday mornings but figured I would stay up once for Homeland finale instead of watching it on DVR but saw finale is 90 minutes. Don't think I can make it. Will avoid this thread until I watch it on Monday.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 12, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)

Van Alden does live in Cicero now... I believe they are going to get Capone more involved as time goes on too

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 09:01 AM)
Van Alden does live in Cicero now... I believe they are going to get Capone more involved as time goes on too

I'm hoping season 3 and 4 focuses on the rise of Capone and Luciano, with Nucky's Atlantic City still being the focal point. I think they'll also have Harold Remus play a part since he was such a major figure during actual prohibition. If anyone hasn't watched the Ken Burns 3 part series on prohibition, i'd recommend it. It gives a lot of real background information that's interesting, but also relevant to some of the few characters introduced in the show (Remus, Esther Randolph, etc)

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 04:41 AM)

The finale looks loaded.

I have to get up at 3:30 on Monday mornings but figured I would stay up once for Homeland finale instead of watching it on DVR but saw finale is 90 minutes. Don't think I can make it. Will avoid this thread until I watch it on Monday.

Fantastic episode. I was upset with the preview for next week though. They basically gave the entire thing away. Why do that? I had no idea how Brody was going to get into a situation to wear his jacket until I saw the preview.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 04:41 AM)

The finale looks loaded.

Such a clutch show. They gave away ALOT in the preview though.

I know I am emotionally invested because I keep yelling at Winters to stop being a terrorist.

QUOTE (MAX @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 01:58 AM)
Could have been a series finale. I have no idea where the show goes from here. I don't really care for the nucky character. Maybe it will draw me back in next year.

Who would? He's a gangster and a corrupt politician. He covers all bases of hate-ability.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 09:20 AM)
I'm hoping season 3 and 4 focuses on the rise of Capone and Luciano, with Nucky's Atlantic City still being the focal point. I think they'll also have Harold Remus play a part since he was such a major figure during actual prohibition. If anyone hasn't watched the Ken Burns 3 part series on prohibition, i'd recommend it. It gives a lot of real background information that's interesting, but also relevant to some of the few characters introduced in the show (Remus, Esther Randolph, etc)

Don't forget Meyer Lansky. He often gets pushed to aside in people's minds, but he's arguably the most successful real gangster on the show.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 09:20 AM)

I'm a fan of Arnold Rothstein's character, hope they keep him in the mix a lot as well. He's obviously a real-life character too.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 09:33 AM)
I really dislike him, so I obviously can't wait for his true-to-life ending.

I just liked his calm, deliberateness with business.

I wonder what happens with Jimmy's mom? She was f***ing Lucky, I wonder if they keep her around in that role, maybe she tries to stay in the business despite what happened.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
Such a clutch show. They gave away ALOT in the preview though.

I know I am emotionally invested because I keep yelling at Winters to stop being a terrorist.

Yep, I feel like I saw a spoiler for the finale without having the option to avoid seeing it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 09:44 AM)
I just liked his calm, deliberateness with business.

I wonder what happens with Jimmy's mom? She was f***ing Lucky, I wonder if they keep her around in that role, maybe she tries to stay in the business despite what happened.

I think I have an inherent hate for him based on the Black Sox scandal. Normally, I'm sure I'd like a character like him. And I believe Terence Winter said that Jimmy's mom (and all of the Jimmy-centric characters) will remain parts of the show.

The more I think about the Boardwalk finale, the more I like it. The thing I liked least about this season (until the finale) was that it seemed like Nucky was becoming less of an important character, and he's way too vital to the show for that. This brings him back, and I think the show will be better for it.