2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
The more I think about the Boardwalk finale, the more I like it. The thing I liked least about this season (until the finale) was that it seemed like Nucky was becoming less of an important character, and he's way too vital to the show for that. This brings him back, and I think the show will be better for it.

Jimmy was an interesting character and he will be hard to replace. I hope his air time isn't replace with drama about Margaret. I am also wondering how they will keep Van Alden an important part of the show now that he is no longer with the bureau and in Illinois. He is quite an interesting guy as well. I like that this show isn't afraid to take chance, I just hope they pan out.

Oh and Eli is a b****. I hope he gets whats coming to him

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 12:08 PM)
Jimmy was an interesting character and he will be hard to replace. I hope his air time isn't replace with drama about Margaret. I am also wondering how they will keep Van Alden an important part of the show now that he is no longer with the bureau and in Illinois. He is quite an interesting guy as well. I like that this show isn't afraid to take chance, I just hope they pan out.

Oh and Eli is a b****. I hope he gets whats coming to him

So is Al Capone

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
So is Al Capone

Yeah they didn't place him in Al Capone's eventual backyard for no reason.

The interviews with Winter made it seem like they have absolutely no idea where they're going in season 3. So really anything is possible. Just sucks that that only real person I was "rooting" for is now gone.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
I can't wait for the Homeland finale, good god Im hooked.

Oh man, show is so intense. I can't wait for the 90 minute finale.

My guesses here are that Brody doesn't actually wear the vest, and that he was simply instructed to give it to someone else, but of course had to know how it works to be able to pass on the information.

Secondly, I think Agent Galvez is the mole. He is the guy who Estes assigned to Carrie earlier in the season. I don't remember much about him, but I believe he has ties to the middle-eastern world in some form, and seemed suspicious to me.

My dad thinks Estes is the spy, but I think thats just too cliche that the boss is the bad guy. And Saul being the bad guy is possible, but its been hinted at too many times with the lie detector thing, and his middle-eastern wife, and a few other odd things he has done.

Any one watch the pilot for that new HBO show Luck? I was a bit confused as to what was going on, but there seemed to be some intersting plotlines going down. Interested to see what goes on behind the scenes at a track, so probably will give it a whirl next month.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 01:03 AM)
Oh man, show is so intense. I can't wait for the 90 minute finale.

My guesses here are that Brody doesn't actually wear the vest, and that he was simply instructed to give it to someone else, but of course had to know how it works to be able to pass on the information.

Secondly, I think Agent Galvez is the mole. He is the guy who Estes assigned to Carrie earlier in the season. I don't remember much about him, but I believe he has ties to the middle-eastern world in some form, and seemed suspicious to me.

My dad thinks Estes is the spy, but I think thats just too cliche that the boss is the bad guy. And Saul being the bad guy is possible, but its been hinted at too many times with the lie detector thing, and his middle-eastern wife, and a few other odd things he has done.

If it was going to be Galvez, I feel like they would have focused more on him. I definitely think it's going to be Estes, in an effort to work with the VP in order to get promoted when the VP becomes President. Also, I love that the VP is the bad guy from The Stand.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 08:01 PM)
If it was going to be Galvez, I feel like they would have focused more on him. I definitely think it's going to be Estes, in an effort to work with the VP in order to get promoted when the VP becomes President. Also, I love that the VP is the bad guy from The Stand.

I didn't consider the motivation, but I did notice they did interact with Galvez last episode, seemingly out of the blue. I dunno, I guess maybe we will find out Sunday.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 12:22 AM)
I miss when Morena Baccarin had long hair. Short hair just looks awful on her.

I think she still looks good, but yea her long hair reminds me of when she was a dime on Firefly.

I think Saul has some other story that hasnt been brought out yet, that whole thing with the lie detector is just too much to ignore.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 01:57 AM)
I think she still looks good, but yea her long hair reminds me of when she was a dime on Firefly.

I think Saul has some other story that hasnt been brought out yet, that whole thing with the lie detector is just too much to ignore.

I think that whole thing was a red herring. It established that the lie detector test isn't 100% accurate, as other people (Carrie and Brody) have beaten it.

If Saul was really a spy or whatever, why wouldn't he have thanked the chick terrorist he spent 15 hours in a car with alone? Wouldn't there be some hint of a "hey i'm on your side, good job?"

And why would he be so upset over losing his wife as a result of him spending TOO much time working to defeat terrorists?

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)

Could the VP be the bad guy? How was Abu Nazir aware that Brody was going to be asked to run for office by the VP. My theory is that the VP is dirty and wants the PotUS out/killed, and wants Brody with him when he takes over. I stll think Galvez or Estes are with the VP if not both.

QUOTE (onedude @ Dec 14, 2011 -> 01:23 PM)
Could the VP be the bad guy? How was Abu Nazir aware that Brody was going to be asked to run for office by the VP. My theory is that the VP is dirty and wants the PotUS out/killed, and wants Brody with him when he takes over. I stll think Galvez or Estes are with the VP if not both.

I though this too. The old politician selling his soul for power angle.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
Well it'd be hard for him to spoil anything before the episode airing.. why can't you just stick to the spoiler rule?

Then everything will be in spoilers. If someone read that something of a spoiling nature is going to happen and posted it before the episode aired, then THAT should be hidden. If someone hasn't seen the episode yet, they should avoid the thread instead of making everyone else bend to their will. And if you watched Dexter but missed Boardwalk Empire, yet you want to read others' opinions on Dexter, you're going to risk highlighting the wrong thing anyway if they're all in spoiler tags.

I just finished the 5th season of Dexter on DVD. Please tell me the six season gets better. The scene in the finale where Deb has Lumen and Dex trapped behind the plastic, doesn't nothing to secure the body of Jordan Chase, and on top of that gives them an hour to get away was awful. Plus Dexter letting Quinn off when he knows he is after him? Ugh.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
I just finished the 5th season of Dexter on DVD. Please tell me the six season gets better. The scene in the finale where Deb has Lumen and Dex trapped behind the plastic, doesn't nothing to secure the body of Jordan Chase, and on top of that gives them an hour to get away was awful. Plus Dexter letting Quinn off when he knows he is after him? Ugh.

No.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)

The first 4 episodes were ok but now is going through the motions. The finale will have to be really good to salvage the season. Do they need a bad guy to follow all season next year? Season 2 didn't really have one, although they were chasing Dexter and season 3 didn't have one. Need more individual stalks every episode to keep the suspense up.