2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 08:13 AM)
Terra Nova RIP. It is being deleted from the DVR. So freaking cliche.

Yep. Totally lame. I was really excited for that show too. It could have been the next Battlestar Galactica. Instead it was some awful version of Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

So many easy fixes could have saved it - have a mini-series style start to establish the entire world of Terra Nova. Instead they wasted about half to three quarters of the 2 hour premiere on bulls*** family drama that wasn't necessary; Generate an interesting and believable major plot-line. Instead they have this stupid "sixer" mystery mixed with the son's illogical and unreasonable attempts to get his GF there. Show much more of the main families older daughter. She's hot. (probably not a real complaint, but still)

Ugh. So much potential. Just ruined by poor writing. I'm shocked that executives couldn't see this coming after the third episode.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)
Yep. Totally lame. I was really excited for that show too. It could have been the next Battlestar Galactica. Instead it was some awful version of Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

So many easy fixes could have saved it - have a mini-series style start to establish the entire world of Terra Nova. Instead they wasted about half to three quarters of the 2 hour premiere on bulls*** family drama that wasn't necessary; Generate an interesting and believable major plot-line. Instead they have this stupid "sixer" mystery mixed with the son's illogical and unreasonable attempts to get his GF there. Show much more of the main families older daughter. She's hot. (probably not a real complaint, but still)

Ugh. So much potential. Just ruined by poor writing. I'm shocked that executives couldn't see this coming after the third episode.

The characters were horrible and unbelievable. Get rid of all of the cliches in them, and it might have had a chance. I really didn't need another show with the rebel cop, with awesome intuition, who bends the law while upsetting his bosses a little, but not enough to have anything bad happen, while having the uncomfortable relationship with his family, all while making enemies, but no one good enough to take him down... Yawn. Or the rebel teenager... or the badass leader who always makes the right call ... or the supersmart and sympathetic wife .... or the disjointed bad guys who never miss a chance to tweek the good guys... etc, etc.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)

I never got past the second episode. It was abundantly clear at that point that it was going nowhere.

yeah I'm close to giving up on it too, I actually would have liked more of it to be about the future earth that they left behind, that was much more interesting. The Dino stuff has been done to death and as every one has noted this show if littered with bad cliche

QUOTE (MEANS @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
yeah I'm close to giving up on it too, I actually would have liked more of it to be about the future earth that they left behind, that was much more interesting. The Dino stuff has been done to death and as every one has noted this show if littered with bad cliche

The dinos everywhere goring everything is annoying.

Surprised noone mentioned SOA this week. I thought it was another pretty good episode. The look and speech Jax gave Clay after her made the remark about Tara was awesome. For the first time in a long time (to me) Jax actually seemed dangerous.

That of course builds into what's coming next week. Next Tuesday night can't come fast enough.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)
Where you been? I brought it up 2 weeks ago but than saw the theory is all over the net anyway so I wasn't as special as I thought.

Maybe the post you speak of was just a figment of your imagination.

I really wanted to love that show. However it should be in the 4am sunday morning time slot.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 28, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
I really liked Always Sunny last night. The game of games was pretty good.

I know I'm a little late to the game on this - but that was the best Sunny episode in ages.

Got back down to the core of the show - the group, alcohol, the bar and an outrageous plan.

I officially gave up on the show. It has been deleted from the DVR. I tried, I really did, but it's really not a good show. While I was watching the pilot, I believe, my 9-year old son said, "Why does that dinosaur look so fake?" For a show that has been built up to have great special effects, it's a major disappointment. Plus the story lines suck, and the acting is just this side of atrocious.

With shows like House, Fringe, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, and Person of Interest, I have enough to watch without relying on crap like Terra Nova.

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 06:58 AM)
Surprised noone mentioned SOA this week. I thought it was another pretty good episode. The look and speech Jax gave Clay after her made the remark about Tara was awesome. For the first time in a long time (to me) Jax actually seemed dangerous.

That of course builds into what's coming next week. Next Tuesday night can't come fast enough.

Not too much happened, which is probably why people didn't comment on it. It was definitely a set-up episode.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)
I officially gave up on the show. It has been deleted from the DVR. I tried, I really did, but it's really not a good show. While I was watching the pilot, I believe, my 9-year old son said, "Why does that dinosaur look so fake?" For a show that has been built up to have great special effects, it's a major disappointment. Plus the story lines suck, and the acting is just this side of atrocious.

With shows like House, Fringe, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, and Person of Interest, I have enough to watch without relying on crap like Terra Nova.

That was what immediately turned me off. I can't watch bad CGI.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 10:34 AM)
Not too much happened, which is probably why people didn't comment on it. It was definitely a set-up episode.

I thought it was decent, but yea a setup show, though the cartel is wreaking some havoc on there.

And Clay has officially gone bad, though I bet he wished he knew that Jax was driving up with Tara before making that call.

QUOTE (SnB @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 09:14 AM)
I know I'm a little late to the game on this - but that was the best Sunny episode in ages.

Got back down to the core of the show - the group, alcohol, the bar and an outrageous plan.

Ive still liked the other newer ones, but yea that one was glorious.

Somebody mentioned it earlier but Mac trying to flip the board is one of the best scenes ever.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 12:12 PM)
I thought it was decent, but yea a setup show, though the cartel is wreaking some havoc on there.

And Clay has officially gone bad, though I bet he wished he knew that Jax was driving up with Tara before making that call.

Yeah, it's kind of obvious how the hit will go down at this point. And Clay went officially bad some time ago, however ridiculous. I also find it hard to believe that the other cartel was able to get away. Galindo is supposed to be this awesome killing machine, and they can't even take out a small group of their rivals when absolutely everything is in their favor and they have a f***ton of time to prepare it?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)
Yeah, it's kind of obvious how the hit will go down at this point. And Clay went officially bad some time ago, however ridiculous. I also find it hard to believe that the other cartel was able to get away. Galindo is supposed to be this awesome killing machine, and they can't even take out a small group of their rivals when absolutely everything is in their favor and they have a f***ton of time to prepare it?

I think they are just trying to show how big of a war it will be on their turf if they keep staying involved.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)
I think they are just trying to show how big of a war it will be on their turf if they keep staying involved.

It's just my main problem with SOA. The very best shows create scenarios that are legitimate in the storyline and actions taken by the characters make sense when compared to their actions in the past. SOA is still an entertaining show, but they create things and actions just to fit a storyline, when the storyline should be created by the circumstances and actions of the characters. They've built up the Galindo cartel as these ultra-violent and militarily intelligent drug dealers, but they couldn't take out about 8 of their rivals they took by surprise in a warehouse they had surrounded? And then you have Clay, who went from understandable "bad" guy to a complete murderer who will take anyone out if they even somewhat pose a threat to him. And this all happened overnight or off screen during his time in jail. It's just way too convenient to the plot. I'm sure people are sick of Breaking Bad being talked about, but they did it right. Walt started off as a regular, good-natured schmo, but now he's a criminal mastermind who's willing to do anything it takes to stay in power and alive. But, it works because they have written the character so that he grows into that. His decisions on the show aren't arbitrary so that they fit the storyline. They are the actions that the character would take when you look back on his past actions.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)

I thought it was a great episode with the 49ers stuff and Jax basically pushing Clay aside

It sets up for Juice and Jax to work something out for an exit strategy...problem is this is not the last season so I am not sure how it will all play out.