2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:11 AM)
It kind of depends on how it plays out next season. I believe it only was to run for 5 seasons.

It will be interesting to see how Clay is handled.

Opie did not come back last night did he? He could be the wrench in the plans next year.

Sutter wants 7 seasons.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
I was just about to type these responses but hit refresh. Thanks for taking care of that.

Also, Russ, seriously, the FBI guy was nothing but a complete dickhole to Prison Break all year long. He gave no f***s. Then he decides to tell him he "respects" him, which is a crock, but it works for the neatly giftwrapped episode we were fed last night.

I can see him letting Juice go, as the guy is clearly a wannabe biker himself (the old school jacket and motorcycle).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
I was just about to type these responses but hit refresh. Thanks for taking care of that.

Also, Russ, seriously, the FBI guy was nothing but a complete dickhole to Prison Break all year long. He gave no f***s. Then he decides to tell him he "respects" him, which is a crock, but it works for the neatly giftwrapped episode we were fed last night.

Eh, he treated him like a dickhole to get what he wanted. But at the same time, the sheriff was the only one to really stick up to him and stood for what he believed was right, and maybe he actually respected that. Im not saying its the most logical storyline, but that was passable in my eyes (the cartel/CIA s*** was about as unbelievable as you can get though).

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:12 AM)
Tara talked for two seasons about wanting like hell to get out, and to provide safety for her sons. Suddenly, she's OK with letting them stay there and grow up into the gang themselves. Purely a plot device.

Opie is still aware that Clay is alive, but he listened to Jax when he told him that he was necessary for the deal which Opie was against in the first place. No way Opie wouldn't take the very first chance he got to finish Clay off.

The whole trust thing was even before that, and I think fueled her wanting to get out because all she saw was the bad s*** but never knew really why it was happening and didn't like not knowing coupled with being in danger. I don't think it's all that unreasonable to have a wife with 2 kids decide to stay with the husband she loves, especially when you consider the CIA is kind of on their side now.

Opie is clearly battling Jax, I thought they made that clear. And it should be that way.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
I can see him letting Juice go, as the guy is clearly a wannabe biker himself (the old school jacket and motorcycle).

Yeah, that part I get. The conversation is the part I have a problem with...

Can someone explain to me the exact breakdown of how the CIA/cartel thing could even work? Is the cartel a pure fabrication? Was the CIA able to get several agents into the cartel over the (I'd guess) decades it would take them to achieve the high roles they were in? Did they take actual cartel elite and make them CIA agents?

Those are the only three possibilities that come to mind, and each is just as absurd as the last.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:22 AM)
Opie is clearly battling Jax, I thought they made that clear. And it should be that way.

There's no battle to be had. Drive to hospital, shoot Clay in face. The fact that he's not doing anything and waited after Jax asked him to is clearly a sign that he's listening.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:22 AM)
The whole trust thing was even before that, and I think fueled her wanting to get out because all she saw was the bad s*** but never knew really why it was happening and didn't like not knowing coupled with being in danger. I don't think it's all that unreasonable to have a wife with 2 kids decide to stay with the husband she loves, especially when you consider the CIA is kind of on their side now.

You can attempt to justify Tara deciding to stay, but it's purely a plot machination by the writers. Given the character, her history, etc., there is no way she would have stayed.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
There's no battle to be had. Drive to hospital, shoot Clay in face. The fact that he's not doing anything and waited after Jax asked him to is clearly a sign that he's listening.

That situation means he's back in jail, and he has kids to watch over without a wife. I would say that's preventing him at the moment more than Jax. He didn't really seem to listen to Jax, as seen by not showing up to the meeting.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
You can attempt to justify Tara deciding to stay, but it's purely a plot machination by the writers. Given the character, her history, etc., there is no way she would have stayed.

I would say her history can back up either of our sides, so I'll just drop this argument.

Sepinwall agrees with myself and that Herbert Perry lover.

If the cartel boys being in league with the CIA - and therefore solving the club's legal problems while forcing Jax to stay in Charming - wasn't exactly "a wizard did it," it was awfully close. In one reveal, which had been barely hinted at in previous episodes(**), the writers got to hit the reset button on nearly every major story arc of the season. Jax wants to leave the club and the town? Not gonna happen! Clay has to die? No he doesn't! Juice has been tricked into betraying the club and will either destroy them all or be found out as a rat? Never mind! Deus ex Romeo, baby!

And if Kurt Sutter doesn't want to send his main character away, doesn't want to kill off his chief villain, doesn't want Juice to suffer any real consequences for what he's done(***), then that's fine. His show, his characters, his rules. But if I might make a suggestion: if you don't want any of those things to happen, don't spend an entire season building up to how they have to happen, then back out at the last possible second. Tell different stories - the kind you actually want to follow through with all the way.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:39 AM)
Sepinwall agrees with myself and that Herbert Perry lover.

I usually read both the Sepinwall and AV Club recaps of each of my shows, and I couldn't believe how much I agreed with both last night. Sepinwall is usually pretty forgiving (and he bordered on it yesterday), but they both clearly showed their dissatisfaction with it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 01:44 AM)
It was funny and strange, as just minutes before the episode, I wondered if they ever mentioned Mac's full name on the show.

I wonder if McDonald's was never mentioned in the episode for legal purposes. I figured there would be a bunch of "Big Mac" and jokes about him being fat and named after the food chain.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 02:27 AM)
Also, League was pretty good as always. Didn't think Taco's "NeckFlix" venture was very funny though. Also, I want to see Raffi back in it. Hasn't shown up in like 5 episodes.

It's always nice to see Eliza Dushku randomly pop up on my tv.

I can only take Raffi in small doses.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
Modern Family is still a super funny show, but it definitely has fallen from its peak a bit. WTF was with that stun gun scene? A show like that shouldn't resort to awful forced physical comedy like that.

Yeah, that stun gun scene was way over done. Funny when he first got zapped, but you wouldn't react like that for so long. And why not just drop the card before you continue to crush it? It was dumb.

I was laughing my ass off though when Ed O'Neil said "No, I think you ARE the Christmas sweater." Hahaha

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 04:33 PM)
The past few weeks I've been watching Dollhouse on Amazon Prime, I really liked that show. Could have had another few seasons but they did well with the time they had.

Yeah I loved that show. It took it about 6 episodes to get going, but once it did, man that was quality. I wasn't expecting much from a show that was canceled after two seasons, but I really enjoyed it.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 9, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
Yeah I loved that show. It took it about 6 episodes to get going, but once it did, man that was quality. I wasn't expecting much from a show that was canceled after two seasons, but I really enjoyed it.

I was quite impressed by the actors in the show, I didn't see a weak actor throughout. The guy who played Victor was quite talented, he portrayed those different personalities extremely well.