2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 12:49 AM)
Modern Family has been missing waaaaaay more than it's been hitting this year. At least to me....

I thought last night was freaking hilarious. The lines Phil Dunphy, or should I say Clive Bixby, was dropping at the bar were something else.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 08:50 AM)
I thought last night was freaking hilarious. The lines Phil Dunphy, or should I say Clive Bixby, was dropping at the bar were something else.

Agreed. I laughed at the awkwardness of his lines as well. Wasn't one of their best but entertaining nonetheless.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
Wow, this show looks so awesome and so right up my alley. Holy s***.

It has a really nice set of actors I like in it, too...

Jimmi Simpson (McPoyle)

Robert Knepper

Domenick Lombardozzi

Knepper was amazing on Prison Break, so hopefully he plays a big role in this.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 07:50 AM)

The best line was at the resturant where they are talking about being at dinner at 6:30 and Phil says, "this place is on fire" and it was all old folks. Claire and Phil make that show.

The storylines for Cam and Mitchell are usually pretty bad.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
The best line was at the resturant where they are talking about being at dinner at 6:30 and Phil says, "this place is on fire" and it was all old folks. Claire and Phil make that show.

I usually hate the Cam/Mitchell story lines, yet Cam (E. Stonestreet) is the one who wins all of the awards. It's crazy to me, as Phil (and Luke) are far and away the most entertaining characters.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)

I think sometimes they try to hard to involve a storyline with them. There have been a few good ones, but when they stay on them too long it gets a bit trying. You're right about Claire and Phil being best part of the show. Them and their kids.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)
I think sometimes they try to hard to involve a storyline with them. There have been a few good ones, but when they stay on them too long it gets a bit trying. You're right about Claire and Phil being best part of the show. Them and their kids.

I told my wife last night that for some reason they get the "serious" story lines about their relationship, leaving Kam's funny reactions as the only real comedic relief. Phil is easily the funniest on the show.

The people who vote on the awards for television and film seem to really love straight actors who play gay characters, but not gay actors who play gay characters. I'm not offended by it, but it often seems to me that straight actors playing gay characters usually come off as really flamboyant and effeminate. I feel like it's almost an insult and I'm not sure why gay rights people don't get up in arms about it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 03:06 PM)
The people who vote on the awards for television and film seem to really love straight actors who play gay characters, but not gay actors who play gay characters. I'm not offended by it, but it often seems to me that straight actors playing gay characters usually come off as really flamboyant and effeminate. I feel like it's almost an insult and I'm not sure why gay rights people don't get up in arms about it.

They also seem to love gay actors that play straight characters...NPH, Cynthia Nixon, TR Knight...at least those are the gay actors we know are gay.

Will from Will and Grace wasn't flamboyant, but the Jack character was. The doc on Grey's Anatomy is gay..she isn't flamboyant...I think there was another doc that was gay and not flamboyant, but she's off the show. I don't know the more you dig, I don't see that as the case. Flamboyant is funny though...I don't think it's insulting, but maybe Rex speak better to it. The chick from Flashforward was a non flamboyant bad ass FBI agent. :)

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
They also seem to love gay actors that play straight characters...NPH, Cynthia Nixon, TR Knight...at least those are the gay actors we know are gay.

Will from Will and Grace wasn't flamboyant, but the Jack character was. The doc on Grey's Anatomy is gay..she isn't flamboyant...I think there was another doc that was gay and not flamboyant, but she's off the show. I don't know the more you dig, I don't see that as the case. Flamboyant is funny though...I don't think it's insulting, but maybe Rex speak better to it. The chick from Flashforward was a non flamboyant bad ass FBI agent. :)

She's now on Perfect Couples. I personally think that show's quite funny.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 9, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
I wasn't necessarily emotional when watching FNL finale, but when it was over, it definitely made me sad that we'll never see another episode. I already can't wait for 3 years down the road when Becky is in a movie with straight hair and I'm going to be like "that girl is so hot, she was on FNL."

I thought it was a solid episode. Some of it seemed a little forced (which is the case with most series finales) but I thought it was really well done and I'm going to miss the show.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 9, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
I wasn't necessarily emotional when watching FNL finale, but when it was over, it definitely made me sad that we'll never see another episode. I already can't wait for 3 years down the road when Becky is in a movie with straight hair and I'm going to be like "that girl is so hot, she was on FNL."

The way it was done, I would of been fine if they left the result of the state title game up in the air for discussion.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
The way it was done, I would of been fine if they left the result of the state title game up in the air for discussion.

It's funny, basically since the pilot episode, I HATED the football scenes from the show. It was so much better for the drama off the field than on it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 11:29 AM)
It's funny, basically since the pilot episode, I HATED the football scenes from the show. It was so much better for the drama off the field than on it.

Without question. Oddly enough, the best football scene they did was when they lost state in Season 3.

I remember marking out for the line, "JD, you're out. Matt, you're in."

And Riggins leaving his cleats in the endzone. Money.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)

Agreed. Some of the football scenes were well down but others were just absolutely horrible. And way too many games came down to a final play, that just doesn't happen often in football.