2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)
The first 4 episodes were ok but now is going through the motions. The finale will have to be really good to salvage the season. Do they need a bad guy to follow all season next year? Season 2 didn't really have one, although they were chasing Dexter and season 3 didn't have one. Need more individual stalks every episode to keep the suspense up.

Im telling you, I think it is going to be Matsuka's new trainee. And possibly the hot blonde he replaced. They both are obsessed with the ice truck killer, and also with serial killers in general. Plus, the new guy is pretty adept with computers, if he ever gets on Dexters computer, I have a feeling he will have no problem figuring out what Dexter has been up to.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 01:05 AM)
I thought it was coming out later but saw it on the site I watch all my tv shows on.

Linky to it.

I dont know what is with that site, but it keeps timing out on me, I cant open it. Are you sure it is the new episodes? The Showtime site shows Jan 8th

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 07:52 AM)
I dont know what is with that site, but it keeps timing out on me, I cant open it. Are you sure it is the new episodes? The Showtime site shows Jan 8th

I watched the first episode, it was most definitely the season opener. Maybe it was leaked and somebody got them to take it down, but I watched it and it was about 55 mins long, including a few minute recap on what happened last season.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 08:54 PM)
Dexter finale thoughts?

At least they did something interesting this season. The problem I see is that Dexter can pretty much just say that he walked in on Colin Hanks (I've seriously already forgotten his name on the show) and decided to kill him himself. He'd only have to hide the kill tools. But at least they delivered on the promise to give us something that will change the show.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
At least they did something interesting this season. The problem I see is that Dexter can pretty much just say that he walked in on Colin Hanks (I've seriously already forgotten his name on the show) and decided to kill him himself. He'd only have to hide the kill tools. But at least they delivered on the promise to give us something that will change the show.

Or Deb blackmails Dexter for sex.....awwww yeeeaaaa

I am kind of starting to wonder if maybe Deb finds out about Dexter in the next episode, or becomes suspicious. If I remember correctly, the creator of the show said that these final 2 episodes would set the tone for the final 2 seasons. So unless that means Deb and Dexter fall in love in the final 2 seasons, something else that is very big is going to happen, and I think since Deb has to find out eventually, that it will come out.

*swish*

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 19, 2011 -> 03:01 AM)
No offense, but this entire season has been incredibly predictable. It's almost as if the show is written by very unoriginal fans of the early Dexter seasons.

I'm not sure how obvious it was that Deb would find out about Dexter. The Gellar thing, yeah, that was painfully obvious as the episodes went on, but I'm not so sure that Deb finding out about Dexter was telegraphed.

In any event, I'm just excited that I am completely clueless about where the show goes from here. So many possibilities of where they can go.

Scrolled all the way down to avoid HOMELAND talk until I watch finale later. Just wanted to say:

-A nice cliffhanger doesn't make up for a boring, lame, and lackluster season finale of Dexter.

-Survivor does it again. Pulls me in with a decent season and than awards the money to a less deserving player. Not a fan but Coach ran the show pretty much the way Boston Rob did last year. He should of won IMO.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 19, 2011 -> 04:55 AM)
-Survivor does it again. Pulls me in with a decent season and than awards the money to a less deserving player. Not a fan but Coach ran the show pretty much the way Boston Rob did last year. He should of won IMO.

I'm officially done with Survivor. Personally, I think Redemption Island has ruined the drama of voting someone out, and everyone is terrified to make the big move.

Seriously, Coach not winning makes watching (and playing) pointless.

Homeland - I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Obviously, we're going to have some sort of cliffhanger/way to make a season 2 make sense without having to bring in a whole new cast. I feel like nothing happened, though. Honestly, I was hoping Brody would blow everyone up, because that's what 24 would do, haha.

However, it was brilliantly acted (Damien Lewis had better win an Emmy, but then again, so should Claire Danes). I enjoyed the moment right before the episode ended with her realizing Brody new the child, and thus further confirming her suspicion. Her character is so painful to watch, as she's right about everything yet no one believes her (classic conspiracy theory storyline played perfectly).

In the end, I feel like there was a ton of buildup for an episode in which not really that much happened. I'm intrigued to see Brody burrow his way deeper into American politics, but also find it comically unbelievable that he'd be on a cell phone talking to a guy who managed to avoid any tips about him coming out for 7 years at one point.

I enjoyed it, though; I thought the season the whole was exceptional, yet I feel the finale left me wondering what I'd just spent an hour and a half watching.