2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
I say they are going to unexpectedly team up, and Russell will turn on Rob when the time is right.

The real question is, how long does one of them survive on "Redemption Island"?

I can't f***ing wait.

Russell has his work cut out this time, though. People actually know what his game is, whereas the last two times he played that wasn't the case.

I have to believe they both have immunity until the merge than whomever has the most tribe people left will vote out either Rob orRussell.

Some people hate that they were brought back but after last seasons cast, you need something cool to make up for it. I just hope Rob is not a wuss this time.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 16, 2011 -> 08:09 AM)
I can't believe it took me this long to start watching Tosh.0. Hilarious.

I had this revelation about a month ago. The lovely thing is Comedy Central replays old episodes all week long so the DVR just piles them up.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 16, 2011 -> 07:47 AM)
I have to believe they both have immunity until the merge than whomever has the most tribe people left will vote out either Rob orRussell.

Some people hate that they were brought back but after last seasons cast, you need something cool to make up for it. I just hope Rob is not a wuss this time.

I have to imagine Rob's going to show up in better shape, or else he's meat.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 12:14 PM)
Decent write up of Chicago Code in the AV Club.

“Is he a fan of the great game of baseball, or is he a Cubbie-lover?” That's 2 or 3 digs at the Cubs in 2 episodes. Gotta love that.

I think it's been pretty fantastic after 2 episodes. People need to remember this is on Fox, not FX or HBO. The writing is really good (save for the "jaghole" talk) and they clearly did their homework on Chicago. Simple things like the look of the home of the dead cop were spot on. My only complaint so far is that they've basically written the alderman character as the mayor of the city. If he's the alderman of the downtown area why's he going to that cops funeral in a different part of the city?

Ricky Gervais: Will Arnett Should be Next 'Office' Boss

I'd be so happy with this. Will Arnett is at his best as "the boss". His moments on AD with his 3-6k suits, and his moments on "The Adventures of Todd Margaret" as his boss, as well as his part-time role on "30 Rock", are just f***ing side-splitting. I'd lose it.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 16, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)

I'd be so happy with this. Will Arnett is at his best as "the boss". His moments on AD with his 3-6k suits, and his moments on "The Adventures of Todd Margaret" as his boss, as well as his part-time role on "30 Rock", are just f***ing side-splitting. I'd lose it.

This would make me very happy.

I just meant that I would give them last night. At this point your at the mercy of the world. It looks like both Rob and Russell are on top of their games, although Russell is already having trouble with people thinking he is going to cause trouble. Hes gotta prove to be strong in the challenges to make sure that they keep him.

QUOTE (juddling @ Feb 16, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)
Noticed earlier this week that netflix streaming has added all 9 seasons of Scrubs and the first few seasons of That 70's Show. I'm happy

I never watched Scrubs until about a year ago (maybe a little more). But I think I've seen every episode by now due to Comedy Central playing episodes at 5:00 and 5:30 everyday.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 10:25 AM)
I never watched Scrubs until about a year ago (maybe a little more). But I think I've seen every episode by now due to Comedy Central playing episodes at 5:00 and 5:30 everyday.

That is how I watched it too. I never watched it live, until the last couple of seasons.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 16, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)

Not a bad idea at all. I'm still sticking to my theory of Andy taking over though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 09:03 AM)
Then PM me or something. That was one heck of a first episode.

Screw that. If the episode has aired, we can talk about it. Anyone who hasn't seen it enters this thread at their own risk.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
That is how I watched it too. I never watched it live, until the last couple of seasons.

I never watched it live at all. That's how I watch almost all comedies. TBS and Comedy Central syndicating shows is perfect for me. King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, My Name is Earl, Yes Dear, Scrubs, and the Office (to an extent) are all shows I never watched live, but I really like all of them and watch the re-runs when I notice that they're playing.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 10:17 AM)
I just meant that I would give them last night. At this point your at the mercy of the world. It looks like both Rob and Russell are on top of their games, although Russell is already having trouble with people thinking he is going to cause trouble. Hes gotta prove to be strong in the challenges to make sure that they keep him.

Everyone seemed to warm up to Rob very quickly. Kristina makes the classic mistake of trying to make a big move off the bat. Always hurts them. Just like in Big Brother.

Kristina's problem (who I have in my work pool unfortunately) was that she believed no one would even consider that she had the idol. She potentially could have made a big move, but she just didnt have time to fully understand the tribe dynamic. At this point she is in real trouble, except for the fact that maybe Phillipe is insane.

I wish that farmer guy got more time.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 17, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)
Everyone seemed to warm up to Rob very quickly. Kristina makes the classic mistake of trying to make a big move off the bat. Always hurts them. Just like in Big Brother.

They were following Rob around like a puppy dog. Phillip is definitely a crazy son of a b**** and won't last long, and the chick who found the idle is a big moron for telling people at all that early in the game when you don't know anyone. I love that Phillip could not, or refused to, pronounce Francesca correctly.

As for Russell, I don't think he's long for this game. The people entering have seen him play the exact same game twice and get to the final, and the men on his team especially should be gunning for him. I don't want Russell out, I love that guy, but if I were on his team, I'd go to the other guys (namely Mike/Ralph) and demand Russell gets voted off first chance because if you don't get him, he will go for the men on his team.

Anyway, that was the most entertaining first tribal council ever, and this season is going to rock.

I wonder when the winner of the Redemption Island gets to come back to the game. I would guess at the merge. I could Rob or Russell being the person to come back in the game, as they are both good at challenges. It would be a big mistake letting Russell get to the merge, but they might not have a choice if he goes to Redemption Island and wins his way back in. Rob is playing it all right so far, and he has enough crazy/dumb people in his tribe to make it pretty far.