2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)
Anyone watch the Daniel Tosh: Happy Thoughts comedy special?? I really enjoy Tosh.O but I thought it sucked. There were some funny moments but overall it just did not make me laugh that much.

I was a tad disappointed as well. It was ok but nothing special. I love Tosh as well so I was expecting big things.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
Anyone watch the Daniel Tosh: Happy Thoughts comedy special?? I really enjoy Tosh.O but I thought it sucked. There were some funny moments but overall it just did not make me laugh that much.

I didn't think it sucked, I just don't think it was anything close to his special "Completely Serious". That, to me, is my favorite stand up special of all time.

I watched this week's Shameless last night. Probably the best one of the season, IMO, and that is saying a lot. And now there's only 3 episodes left this season. What are we going to do without being able to see Emmy Rossum every week?

Tried watching SNL because Zach Galifianakis was hosting. Didn't make it through much. I'm sure there were some good bits, but it's just absolutely awful.

In a TV setting, if you have to explain your jokes (or if you explain them anyways even though they are obvious and not funny anyways), it's not funny.

I'm no comedian, but subtlety is huge, SNL is about as subtle as a white out blizzard.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 01:47 AM)
Tried watching SNL because Zach Galifianakis was hosting. Didn't make it through much. I'm sure there were some good bits, but it's just absolutely awful.

In a TV setting, if you have to explain your jokes (or if you explain them anyways even though they are obvious and not funny anyways), it's not funny.

I'm no comedian, but subtlety is huge, SNL is about as subtle as a white out blizzard.

SNL is officially dead. Every character Kristen Wiig plays is the same and unwatchable.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 08:58 AM)
SNL is officially dead. Every character Kristen Wiig plays is the same and unwatchable.

It's more hit than miss but has its moments still. Galifinakis' two monologues have been great. I was surprised how good Taylor Swift was last year and at some points, Miley Cyrus this season. Jim Carrey had some good stuff as well.

I like Hader, Pharoah, and another new white dude who I don't know his name.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)
It's more hit than miss but has its moments still. Galifinakis' two monologues have been great. I was surprised how good Taylor Swift was last year and at some points, Miley Cyrus this season. Jim Carrey had some good stuff as well.

I like Hader, Pharoah, and another new white dude who I don't know his name.

Bobby Moynahan? Or something like that?

I am an Andy Samberg, Bill Hader, Will Forte, and sometimes Jason Sudeikis fan.

Forte isn't on SNL anymore. And while I have been a pretty big fan of Lonely Island stuff, Samberg's representation of Dick Vitale was probably the most annoying thing I have ever seen on TV.

There have been certain skits over the past couple years that I have enjoyed, but they are few and far in between, and there's no way I'm going to wade through an hour of bulls*** to find a single gold nugget.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
Forte isn't on SNL anymore. And while I have been a pretty big fan of Lonely Island stuff, Samberg's representation of Dick Vitale was probably the most annoying thing I have ever seen on TV.

There have been certain skits over the past couple years that I have enjoyed, but they are few and far in between, and there's no way I'm going to wade through an hour of bulls*** to find a single gold nugget.

Welcome to about the last 20 years of SNL.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 13, 2011 -> 09:03 PM)
Couldn't agree more with you, the UNLV thing was brutal. I can't overstate how great this Michigan documentary is.

I've read the Fab Five book more times than I can count, they were a truly awesome team. It was funny that I copied alot of what they did including the black socks and mannerisms in games as a kid, yet I almost always rooted against them in the tournament.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
Bobby Moynahan? Or something like that?

I am an Andy Samberg, Bill Hader, Will Forte, and sometimes Jason Sudeikis fan.

He is one of the last guys they announce in the open. Not Brittian but the other dude.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)

More annoying than the real Dick Vitale?