2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 07:04 PM)
More annoying than the real Dick Vitale?

Yes. Seriously.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
I find most SNL actors to be much funnier outside of SNL. Hot Rod, Portlandia, and all the smaller roles that the actors play are much funnier than what they put out in SNL.

I find that to be true too, I think it just comes with having the time to act out their roles, there's less of a time crunch, and that the actual comedy itself translates better to movies and something in a bit more of a controlled setting than live TV.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)
I can't believe they let The Event air that episode last night dealing with a possible nuclear power plant meltdown.

A lot of shows are happy when they're topical. 24 premiered shortly after 9/11. The West Wing ran a terrorist attack episode in the weeks after 9/11. It's all about the treatment of the event; it's not necessarily in bad taste to show it happening.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
Thought they would drag the Monica/Mom angle on Shameless out to the season finale. I love the show but they go through some strorylines rather quick.

I think you are wrong to think that angle is over. I think it has only just begun, it is obvious that Frank and Monica still have feelings for each other.

I was cracking up when Frank found out that his son was the result of Monicas affair with his brother, but he was only mad that she did PCP without him

Yeah, Sunday's Shameless had me laughing during the entire thing.

I'm also curious where Lip working for Steve is going to go, that could turn into a big plot point rather easily. And was Kash even in the last episode? He was mentioned a bunch but I don't think he was in it at all.

Also, no mention at all of Alderman Gibbons in The Chicago Code this week.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 06:32 PM)
Yeah, Sunday's Shameless had me laughing during the entire thing.

I'm also curious where Lip working for Steve is going to go, that could turn into a big plot point rather easily. And was Kash even in the last episode? He was mentioned a bunch but I don't think he was in it at all.

Also, no mention at all of Alderman Gibbons in The Chicago Code this week.

With what was happening with Liam/Monica/the Gallaghers, and also with Karen and Sheila, Kash really didnt have anywhere to fall in.

About three weeks ago myself and a few friends went to the filming location of shameless. We saw kevin's house, the jackson's (joan cusack), and the gallagher's house. There are only a few houses past the gallagher's and then there is a dead end. Right next to the dead end, on joan cusack's side of the street, is the park that debbie has been at. Right outside the gallagher's was a limo, but not just any limo, it was the longest limo i have ever seen in my life. Ideally it would have been nice to see kash's convenience along with the bar, but both are in california on warner bros back lot.

http://filming.90210locations.info/tv-locations/shameless/

Shameless was really good tonight, though there seem to be way too many loose ends to tie up in next week's finale. I didn't think they would keep Karen's angst going like this, though I'm glad they have because it'll make her a more important character. I don't see Steve going away after this season, there's too much chemistry between him and Fiona. I think Tony is in way over head, and he has no idea.

I'm curious about the "job" that that new girl (can't remember her name, the blond who kissed Fiona a few times) has for Fiona, clearly it's something shady. I also liked that her husband is played by the same guy that plays Moose on Chicago Code.

Also, Jeremy Ratchford (Cold Case) was in scenes for next week, solid.

Edited by farmteam

That was the craziest episode of Shameless yet, and loving the scene where Emmy Rossum tries on a the clothes and shows off her tits a ton.

I am in love with this show, not very often do you find a show where tehy combine drama, nudity, comedy, and a connection to each character.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 02:25 AM)
Shameless was really good tonight, though there seem to be way too many loose ends to tie up in next week's finale. I didn't think they would keep Karen's angst going like this, though I'm glad they have because it'll make her a more important character. I don't see Steve going away after this season, there's too much chemistry between him and Fiona. I think Tony is in way over head, and he has no idea.

I'm curious about the "job" that that new girl (can't remember her name, the blond who kissed Fiona a few times) has for Fiona, clearly it's something shady. I also liked that her husband is played by the same guy that plays Moose on Chicago Code.

Also, Jeremy Ratchford (Cold Case) was in scenes for next week, solid.

Amy Smart.

Im 99 percent sure she is a call girl and her husband is a pimp

And yes, this weeks episode was really great. I loved the part where William H Macy played the part of his own brother, that was hilarious. And his mom? When she said the p***y was great, and she could get blow any time in jail I was lmao

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 06:26 AM)
Amy Smart.

Im 99 percent sure she is a call girl and her husband is a pimp

And yes, this weeks episode was really great. I loved the part where William H Macy played the part of his own brother, that was hilarious. And his mom? When she said the p***y was great, and she could get blow any time in jail I was lmao

Ha yea the reaction of seeing "Jerry" was hilarious.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 08:13 AM)
I know we are way past this in reality, but I just finished the DVDs, but the end of season 4 in Dexter was well done. I keep having a problem with how realistic is that no one gets to him, so it was nice to see it finally happen.

LOL, well then you will hate season 5

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
I'll just tell you right now that it's not a dream, although there is at least one more season coming. It was just a sub par season, sort of like Sons Of Anarchy was. And unlike SOA, it didn't have a final episode that saved the entire season.

Yeah, my Dexter season rankings go...

2-4-1-3 - 5

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
Yeah, my Dexter season rankings go...

2-4-1-3 - 5

Two was awesome. I agree with 1 being down the list, as I was ready to quit watching it early on. Four was great unless the ending of it ends up being something cheesy. If that is the case, it truly changes things for me.