2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

Just wanted to post out here cause I am pumped for Wednesday. One of my friends I went through elementary and high school with is going to be on Wheel of Fortune. His name is Chris, he moved from Michigan to California after college. Just wanted to tell people to watch, he hasn't said if he won or not, but I have a feeling he did pretty well.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 10:29 AM)
Finished season 3 of The Wire the other night...sad to see my favorite character bite it...not sure how I will feel about the rest of the show now...

We're at the exact same place in the series and yeah, that was a pretty tough pill to swallow.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)
We're at the exact same place in the series and yeah, that was a pretty tough pill to swallow.

I was sure they were going to kill Avon and Stringer was going to run the show...

I had no idea he was a Brit, either. Very convincing dialect.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
I was sure they were going to kill Avon and Stringer was going to run the show...

I had no idea he was a Brit, either. Very convincing dialect.

Don't worry about a drop off on the show. The stuff with the school system in Season 4 is top notch.

"Lights OUt" is done after this season.

It started out good but the past 4 weeks, I have lost interest and just watch to see how it will end. If it got renewed, I wouldnt of watched. People are pissed, comparing the situation to Terriers which is ludicrous because Terriers was Awesome and this show ended up being forgettable.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)

It started out good but the past 4 weeks, I have lost interest and just watch to see how it will end. If it got renewed, I wouldnt of watched. People are pissed, comparing the situation to Terriers which is ludicrous because Terriers was Awesome and this show ended up being forgettable.

I'll be rather perturbed if we don't get the fight we've been waiting for, but if it finishes with Lights winning that fight, I don't really care. The whole premise of building a show around a 40 year old boxer was a ticking timebomb anyway.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)

I was really into it after the first couple of episodes but definitely just stopped caring and didnt notice till yesterday I missed the last 4.

Fringe has been renewed for next season. Fox did their best to kill it by moving it to Fridays, but thank god it had enough of a following to survive. I think this season has been the best so far...looking forward to next season now.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
Weird...I had never watched (or even heard of) the show before, I randomly watched it tonight, and you end up posting about just that.

My mom is obsessed with "Criminal Minds" and they pretty much always have a marathon on Sunday nights on a&e so that's how I learned about "Breakout Kings." I've enjoyed but didn't love the first few episodes but tonight was my favorite by far and I am pretty much in love with the chick that plays Erica.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 10:21 PM)
My mom is obsessed with "Criminal Minds" and they pretty much always have a marathon on Sunday nights on a&e so that's how I learned about "Breakout Kings." I've enjoyed but didn't love the first few episodes but tonight was my favorite by far and I am pretty much in love with the chick that plays Erica.

My mom fiancee is also obsessed with Criminal Minds. One thing I've found about that show is that it's ALWAYS on. It airs on about 6 different channels, and at any given time one of those channels has it on. It's ridiculous.

And yeah, that chick is hot.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 28, 2011 -> 12:26 AM)
So on Shameless, I guess O'Hare looks a lot like Midway Airport these days?

Oh they filmed that at O'Hare? Oh well, they shoot some shots in California for some reason too. And maybe Midway had some issue w/ filming.

Anyway, I thought the finale was good. Kind of sad, but good. Watched some clips on Youtube from the UK version, and they really followed that version very, very closely. Obviously the US version is better in acting, editing, cinematography, and all that, but I feel like I might be weak and start watching S2 of the UK version until the US version comes back on.

Great finale for Shameless. Loved the drama. Assuming when we cone back next year Fiona is with Tony.

Hilarious when Lip pee'd on Frank and Frank took it.

Guy I work with says it is now different from British version because at the end of season 1, Fiona leaves and never comes back.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 28, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)
Great finale for Shameless. Loved the drama. Assuming when we cone back next year Fiona is with Tony.

Guy I work with says it is now different from British version because at the end of season 1, Fiona leaves and never comes back.

Haha that part was great.

I thought the whole Steve and his other life thing was gonna be a bigger story, guess not.

I miss the show already though :/

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 28, 2011 -> 08:41 AM)

As long as she's banging someone

;)

Seriously though, I think next season Fiona finds out Tony was the one that chased Steve/Jimmy away. She'll hold it against Tony and now she has to live next door to him. She also finds out the truth about Steve/Jimmy. All kinds of story lines there, but I can kind of see them closing the book on Steve the first episode and never mentioning him again.

Great story lines for Karen, she is already an emotional basket case...what comes of finding out her actions led to her fathers suicide?

Curious to see what comes of Fiona and Jasmine. I was already kind of surprised that Jasmine actually did work in a tax office. Also, interested to see how Veronica handles it. She hasn't had a memorable part in the last few episodes and she's an interesting character.

Love the show.