2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 11:26 PM)
So on Shameless, I guess O'Hare looks a lot like Midway Airport these days?

Yeah, I was wondering, didnt they just say American Airlines at O'Hare, and then they zoomed in on the very recognizable Midway airport security line, and airport that doesnt even service AA.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 28, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)
Yeah, I was wondering, didnt they just say American Airlines at O'Hare, and then they zoomed in on the very recognizable Midway airport security line, and airport that doesnt even service AA.

Just a guess, but it's probably easier to film at Midway. Since O'Hare is more recognized as Chicago's airport that's what they went with. Only noticeable to us Chicagoans I'm sure.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Mar 28, 2011 -> 11:43 AM)
Just a guess, but it's probably easier to film at Midway. Since O'Hare is more recognized as Chicago's airport that's what they went with. Only noticeable to us Chicagoans I'm sure.

Between that and the terrible attempts at chicago accents, I feel they should hire me as a consultant.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 28, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)
Between that and the terrible attempts at chicago accents, I feel they should hire me as a consultant.

When Frank was in the prison in Canada and the crazy guy asked if that was a Chicago accent I was thinking how he could even tell that, Macy definitely does not have a Chicago accent.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 28, 2011 -> 02:04 AM)
I liked it. Still not a fan of how each episode is one singular storyline, and I think Lloyd puts stuffs together WAYY too quickly, but I'm going to keep watching the show. Not as good as I hoped, but I still enjoy it.

Ya, I definitely understand that. Like I said, the other 3 episodes have been good but not great to me, I really did love last nights though.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 1, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)
I'm hooked on British tv shows. Hu$tle, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, even Doctor Who.

Hu$tle and Life on Mars (the original UK version, not the crappy one on ABC) is a really good show. DCI Gene Hunt is the funniest character on tv.

Try The Inbetweeners if you like British comedies.

I thought Breakout Kings was really good today. I liked the story.

Saw the first hour of that new show on AMC, The Killing. Wasn't much of a fan. Is the whole series searching for the killer of the girl? Or is that just the season 1 plot? And I wished they would have picked a good looking lead female at least. lol. The chick they have is not easy on the eyes.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 08:22 AM)
Caught the premiere of The Killing last night. In my opinion, it was one of the best starts to a new show in a long time. I hope it stays this good.

I agree. It's completely original, and I was disappointed that the episode had to end. I am already hooked.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
The Borgias started off kind of slow last night. Makes sense that they have to set some things up. Still looking forward to the rest of the season

Yeah, I mean it was essentially a movie...1 hr 36 minutes is the longest pilot I've ever watched.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
Really? I thought it was slow, and I still don't know the point of the show. It's all about this girl?

It's a crime drama where the entire season is one case, rather than one case per episode.

Like 24 without the hours.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 11:19 PM)
Maybe I'll have the watch the 2nd episode of The Killing if you guys think it was as good as you say.

I watched the second episode last night, and I still think it's one of the best shows on TV. And it's easily one of the best new shows in a long time. Very character driven and atmospheric without being slow. It will be interesting to see if they can retain it for the entire season, since the season revolves around one case.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 4, 2011 -> 11:19 PM)
Maybe I'll have the watch the 2nd episode of The Killing if you guys think it was as good as you say.

If you're looking for car chase scenes and shootouts then this show isn't for you.

Also, The Killing is apparently a very recent remake of a Danish show by the same name.

http://mrspeabodyinvestigates.wordpress.co...a-from-denmark/

Description sounds very very similar, and the characters names are pretty close, as well as each of their looks. That series is 20 episodes deep already, so if you want to watch ahead, you can. I read the brief description of the first 3-4 episodes, and it seems the first 2 US episodes cover about the first 4 Danish ones.