2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 5, 2011 -> 07:44 AM)
If you're looking for car chase scenes and shootouts then this show isn't for you.

Did you watch Rubicon?

The Killing has a very similar feel to it...sort of an overcast, hazy feeling to it...and it slowly builds and builds and builds....it took me awhile to get into Rubicon, but the payoff in the end was very good. I got the same feeling almost immediately with The Killing.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know a new show was starting on AMC. I'll DVr the first episodes tonight. Hope it is good. I don't have much to watch now.

Anyone else stick with LIGHTS OUT? Kind of depressing ending. Wasn't a very good show IMO.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:09 AM)
Did you watch Rubicon?

The Killing has a very similar feel to it...sort of an overcast, hazy feeling to it...and it slowly builds and builds and builds....it took me awhile to get into Rubicon, but the payoff in the end was very good. I got the same feeling almost immediately with The Killing.

No, I've not seen Rubicon.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 09:38 PM)
Rob is all over the place, not sure hes making good decisions anymore.

Last night was brilliant, IMO. Voted the kid out who could flip at any tribal AND flushed out the other tribe's idol. He even got ANdrea to vote out Matty. Rob is running things. They still have the numbers to wash out the other guys.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 07:05 AM)
Last night was brilliant, IMO. Voted the kid out who could flip at any tribal AND flushed out the other tribe's idol. He even got ANdrea to vote out Matty. Rob is running things. They still have the numbers to wash out the other guys.

I agree completely. In fact, Rob is reclaiming some of that "greatest ever" talk this season. He got rid of the one threat to his tribe right now. It'll be interesting to see if Grant flips next week as hinted in the scenes.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)
Anyone else stick with LIGHTS OUT? Kind of depressing ending. Wasn't a very good show IMO.

The 'Lights Out' finale was awful. How many different ideas can we come up with to make Lights Leary the underdog of the century, and then he goes out and pummels a guy twice his size in fewer than 3 rounds? Totally unrealistic.

That entire show was a waste of time without any real direction.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
Ken Burns' series The Civil War has been airing on PBS this week.

Probably one of the best documentary series' ever made.

Agreed. I'm watching The War right now. Also very good. He's apparently just signed a deal to do a 10-12 hour documentary on Vietnam due to come out in 2016. I'm excited for that because this country has never had a good historical documentary covering wtf actually happened there.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 03:09 AM)
Did you watch Rubicon?

I'd agree. I enjoyed the pace and style of Rubicon, it just sucked there wasn't much of a story. The Killing has that same tense feel. I enjoyed the first two episodes.l

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 09:27 AM)
Agreed. I'm watching The War right now. Also very good. He's apparently just signed a deal to do a 10-12 hour documentary on Vietnam due to come out in 2016. I'm excited for that because this country has never had a good historical documentary covering wtf actually happened there.

Oh sweet!

6-5 is not great numbers because all the 5 need is to convince one person that they are number 6 and that if they go to the 5 theyd be top 3.

I think that in the end this is going to cost him, because other people in his alliance are going to realize Rob cant be trusted. He should have slow played that move a little more, because they are only 1 bad thing happening (injury whatever) from being even numbers. I think he could have controlled Matt and Andrea, so Im not sure what the necessity for the move was.

We will see how it plays out, but my guess is that looking back this will be how Rob's alliance splintered.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
6-5 is not great numbers because all the 5 need is to convince one person that they are number 6 and that if they go to the 5 theyd be top 3.

I think that in the end this is going to cost him, because other people in his alliance are going to realize Rob cant be trusted. He should have slow played that move a little more, because they are only 1 bad thing happening (injury whatever) from being even numbers. I think he could have controlled Matt and Andrea, so Im not sure what the necessity for the move was.

We will see how it plays out, but my guess is that looking back this will be how Rob's alliance splintered.

Eh, the entire tribe agreed to get rid of Matt a second time. It was brilliant.

The entire tribe agreed to it because Rob pushed them. It just was a risky play that didnt need to be made at that moment. Id rather have crushed the other teams spirits and tried to show his tribe that hell stick with them no matter what.

Edited by Soxbadger

Anyone else watch "Extreme Couponers" on TLC? Two things I've noticed about the people on the show. One, they have extreme OCD over coupons and keeping a constant supply of groceries in their house. Two, they don't have jobs. Mostly because they spend so much time on their coupons and shopping. I can't imagine spending that many hours each day cutting coupons and then going to the store 3 and 4 times a week for hours at a time.

My wife and I use coupons but the most I think we saved on one shopping trip was around $60. We still usually end up spending $200+ for 2 weeks of groceries. These people are buying $600+ worth of groceries and paying like $10.

They must have better grocery stores and better coupons.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)
Anyone else watch "Extreme Couponers" on TLC? Two things I've noticed about the people on the show. One, they have extreme OCD over coupons and keeping a constant supply of groceries in their house. Two, they don't have jobs. Mostly because they spend so much time on their coupons and shopping. I can't imagine spending that many hours each day cutting coupons and then going to the store 3 and 4 times a week for hours at a time.

My wife and I use coupons but the most I think we saved on one shopping trip was around $60. We still usually end up spending $200+ for 2 weeks of groceries. These people are buying $600+ worth of groceries and paying like $10.

They must have better grocery stores and better coupons.

Sadly, I tuned in because, well, my wife likes bad reality television. The inexcusably obese couple with a grocery store's worth of junk food hoarded was hilarious. Getting ready for a "party" with string cheese and antacids. Good times.

It's an obsession, and those fat f***s are wasting people's time and resources. If they went straight to donation after that I'd respect them, but they are just stock-piling junk food and getting even fatter.

That huge b**** was 24. TWENTY FOUR. She looked 40.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 04:52 PM)
Sadly, I tuned in because, well, my wife likes bad reality television. The inexcusably obese couple with a grocery store's worth of junk food hoarded was hilarious. Getting ready for a "party" with string cheese and antacids. Good times.

It's an obsession, and those fat f***s are wasting people's time and resources. If they went straight to donation after that I'd respect them, but they are just stock-piling junk food and getting even fatter.

That huge b**** was 24. TWENTY FOUR. She looked 40.

Yeah, but how much did they SAVE?!

I wanted to check this out because my wife and I use a handful of coupons and save about 10 bucks. I want to know how they're buying all that food for a buck. One of the commercials the chick was paid for her groceries, which made no sense.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 04:55 PM)
Yeah, but how much did the SAVE?!

I wanted to check this out because my wife and I use a handful of coupons and save about 10 bucks. I want to know how they're buying all that food for a buck. One of the commercials the chick was paid for her groceries, which made no sense.

She was getting crap she didn't want just to get "-$1.00" on each purchase. Wasteful and the definition of bad Americana.

After this show premiered a month ago, my fiance started looking into couponing. I'm not sure how these people are figuring out such good deals on food, but we've gotten most of our bathroom supplies (toothpaste/mouthwash/deodorant/bodywash) for basically nothing.

I don't really understand why these people need like 5 years worth of a product though. They're just hoarders at that point.