2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
Anyone else watch "Extreme Couponers" on TLC? Two things I've noticed about the people on the show. One, they have extreme OCD over coupons and keeping a constant supply of groceries in their house. Two, they don't have jobs. Mostly because they spend so much time on their coupons and shopping. I can't imagine spending that many hours each day cutting coupons and then going to the store 3 and 4 times a week for hours at a time.

My wife and I use coupons but the most I think we saved on one shopping trip was around $60. We still usually end up spending $200+ for 2 weeks of groceries. These people are buying $600+ worth of groceries and paying like $10.

They must have better grocery stores and better coupons.

Funny you brought this up, we just watched this show last night. We thought it was just a variation of hoarders.

Also, I have NEVER heard of double/triple coupons.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 06:10 PM)
It's not just that. Most of the stores have rules against using a ton of coupons per purchase or making dozens of separate purchases. They're actively waiving their own coupon rules for the publicity from the show.

Well, no they aren't. Did you watch an episode? These fat morons are calling in their hillbilly friends to count as extra transactions.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 06:10 PM)
It's not just that. Most of the stores have rules against using a ton of coupons per purchase or making dozens of separate purchases. They're actively waiving their own coupon rules for the publicity from the show.

They have to be. The stores around me have come up with the rule that they will only double two of the same coupon. So if you have 10 of the same one, only 2 will be doubled.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 08:57 AM)
Well, no they aren't. Did you watch an episode? These fat morons are calling in their hillbilly friends to count as extra transactions.

The ones I've seen they put everything into one transaction. That's how they get totals of $600+. Then they start taking the coupons off.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 11:03 AM)
Norm MacDonald's Sport Show is so awesome. You have to like Norm to enjoy it because it basically is all him, but I'm a huge fan and it did not disappoint.

Agreed, although I'm not sure if the skits are going to be consistently good.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 11:03 AM)
Norm MacDonald's Sport Show is so awesome. You have to like Norm to enjoy it because it basically is all him, but I'm a huge fan and it did not disappoint.

Missed it due to the Sox game last night but I was definitely looking forward to it. Big fan of Norm, glad to hear it's off to a good start.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)
Anyone else watch "Extreme Couponers" on TLC? Two things I've noticed about the people on the show. One, they have extreme OCD over coupons and keeping a constant supply of groceries in their house. Two, they don't have jobs. Mostly because they spend so much time on their coupons and shopping. I can't imagine spending that many hours each day cutting coupons and then going to the store 3 and 4 times a week for hours at a time.

My wife and I use coupons but the most I think we saved on one shopping trip was around $60. We still usually end up spending $200+ for 2 weeks of groceries. These people are buying $600+ worth of groceries and paying like $10.

They must have better grocery stores and better coupons.

One of my brother's friends did this for a while, was part of a couple online communities/groups that found the best deals. Yeah, you might end up with 20 tubes of toothpaste at a time, but you'd basically be getting free groceries and you wouldn't have to buy toothpaste for quite a while. It was a lot of work though, 20 hours a week finding coupons and shopping.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 10:26 AM)
One of my brother's friends did this for a while, was part of a couple online communities/groups that found the best deals. Yeah, you might end up with 20 tubes of toothpaste at a time, but you'd basically be getting free groceries and you wouldn't have to buy toothpaste for quite a while. It was a lot of work though, 20 hours a week finding coupons and shopping.

I actually did a little extreme couponing the last two nights. We had a bunch of coupons for kool-aid packets and a store near us had them on sale 10/$1.

The first night I bought 36 of them. I had 2 coupons that were buy 10 get 5 free and 2 coupons that were buy 2 get 1 free. The cashier input the coupons manually so I saved $1.20 off of $3.60 (before tax obviously).

The second night I did the exact same thing except it was a different cashier and she scanned the coupons instead. Somehow I ended up paying 63 cents with tax.

Between the two nights I ended up getting 72 packets for about 4 cents a piece.

Final Season of FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS debuts tomorrow in NBC. Its a great final season, so even if you jibronies have never seen the show, watch it. Not too many series' like this come around often.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 05:07 PM)
Final Season of FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS debuts tomorrow in NBC. Its a great final season, so even if you jibronies have never seen the show, watch it. Not too many series' like this come around often.

:headbang

Let's hush on the spoilers all you Direct TV people!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:57 AM)
I was losing my mind laughing my ass off during "The Office" and "Parks and Rec" last night.

I missed the OJ verdict, had to read about it in the newspaper like an idiot.

Edited by chimpy2121

I can't believe I've let myself get sucked into USA's/WWE's Tough Enough. Maybe i just like watching Steve Austin and Bill DeMott yell at people. Trish Stratus is on there but i just can't get used to her being a brunette.

Other random tv note.....Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe drew some decent ratings.....and you got to see the orgin of 'Chuck Finley' lol