2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 08:10 PM)
I just feel that whomever is revealed as the killer won't make me fulfilled at all unless it is someone completely out there. Show just lost steam with me.

I'm kind of holding out hope for Holder to be the killer. Girl turns up dead just as he shows up in town.

I've kind of wondered that, but it seems too cliche.

Edited by farmteam

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
Looks like we were all wrong about The Killing's killer. Unless of course they give us another twist in the finale next week.

Figured Richmond had to have something to do with it since his storyline was still so prominent. Wouldn't be surprised if they twist it at the beginning of next week and he isn't the killer but knew her.

The Killing was renewed for season 2 today. Some people fear that the murder won't be resolved and will carry into next year. If that is the case, I'm out.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 03:24 AM)
The bombshell on tonight's Dr. Who was pretty awesome!

That was probably the most surprised I have been at a shock ending in a long time. They built it up for so long so to still come up with a shock is impressive. Moffat is good at that. I'm really glad he's the head writer.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)
That was probably the most surprised I have been at a shock ending in a long time. They built it up for so long so to still come up with a shock is impressive. Moffat is good at that. I'm really glad he's the head writer.

You know that she's probably the little girl in the spacesuit, right? I bet that adult River herself is in that spacesuit and shoots the doctor. That's why she's in jail.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 06:42 PM)

You know that she's probably the little girl in the spacesuit, right? I bet that adult River herself is in that spacesuit and shoots the doctor. That's why she's in jail.

I have always assumed the girl in the spacesuit was Amy's daughter so at this point I'm going with that. However, I don't think that adult River shoots and kills the Doctor. You know how they keep referencing how they have to line up their itineraries to see where they are? Well River would have known that she was the one that killed the Doctor and wouldn't have been surprised when it happened.

I always figured that finding out who River is meant finding out why she was in jail, which was part of why I was so shocked. I want to see them develop this half Timelord story though. When we see the little girl regenerate I was hoping they would continue that story more frequently and now it seems sidetracked.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 08:10 PM)

I have always assumed the girl in the spacesuit was Amy's daughter so at this point I'm going with that. However, I don't think that adult River shoots and kills the Doctor. You know how they keep referencing how they have to line up their itineraries to see where they are? Well River would have known that she was the one that killed the Doctor and wouldn't have been surprised when it happened.

I always figured that finding out who River is meant finding out why she was in jail, which was part of why I was so shocked. I want to see them develop this half Timelord story though. When we see the little girl regenerate I was hoping they would continue that story more frequently and now it seems sidetracked.

I still suspect that The Doctor that gets shot is actually a ganger.

The Killing was awesome last night.

I don't think Richmond is the killer, though. Random question: did his wife die by drowning in a lake? I know she was killed by a drunk driver, but did the car go into water or something? That would explain why he was asking those questions about "Do you ever wonder what it's like to drown?" (If he was actually that client, and there isn't some twist). I also don't think Drexler is the killer. However, I now have zero idea who the killer is.

I agree with what Brian said I above...I'm gonna be pretty angry if they make us wait until season 2 to find out who the killer is. I'd rather we found out who the killer is in the finale, and the "cliffhanger" has something to do with one of the characters' stories.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)
Maybe in 6 months or so Ill be able to comment on Dr Who. Based on earlier comments I decided to load it up on the Netflix and Im starting season 3.

Blink and The Master, some good stuff that season. Plus if you're skipping season 2 you don't have to sit through Love and Monsters and Fear Her which were just brutal television.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
Blink and The Master, some good stuff that season. Plus if you're skipping season 2 you don't have to sit through Love and Monsters and Fear Her which were just brutal television.

I liked The Master a lot and David Tennant is my favorite doctor of the three so far. The writing is at its best now, but the best part about the early ones was Rose. I thought she was a great companion, though Amy Pond is my new favorite. Having to sit through season 4 and Donna will be harsh though.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 11:56 PM)
I liked The Master a lot and David Tennant is my favorite doctor of the three so far. The writing is at its best now, but the best part about the early ones was Rose. I thought she was a great companion, though Amy Pond is my new favorite. Having to sit through season 4 and Donna will be harsh though.

I was thinking about season 4 when they mentioned her as a possible replacement for Michael Scott on the Office, I mean, that show's bad enough already.

And yeah, Tennant was just awesome, he sold me on the show. Doctor Who can be pretty bad at times, the episodes that miss tend to miss by a mile but David Tennant tended to make them watchable thanks to his energy and comedic timing. It does seem like the Matt Smith era has been pretty strong, not many duds in there so far.