2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 08:31 AM)
Just started watching The Wire. Finished season one last night. I can't believe I didn't watch this show before. Fantastic.

I couldn't finish season 1. I loved the show, but could not watch it by myself. Felt like I needed someone else to watch it with.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 10:19 AM)
Game of Thrones was awesome again. Although the ending I could definitely see coming, I just didn't think they'd actually do it

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
Game of Thrones has been great,Im glad I havent read the books or any spoilers.

Do you guys know how much of the book series they covered in the show? Are there plans for a second season?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 12:35 AM)
Do you guys know how much of the book series they covered in the show? Are there plans for a second season?

Never read the books so I dont know, but there will be another season - they just started filming last month actually.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
The Killing was renewed for season 2 today. Some people fear that the murder won't be resolved and will carry into next year. If that is the case, I'm out.

That can't be the case, as it was only just renewed this week. It began as a mini-series, and it will be resolved next week.

"Day Twelve" was out of this world fantastic. I still don't know how they can resolve the description of "Orpheus" as a short guy with curly brown hair talking about his basketball arena, because that's not Richmond.

INTERESTING.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)

I don't think Richmond is the killer, though. Random question: did his wife die by drowning in a lake? I know she was killed by a drunk driver, but did the car go into water or something? That would explain why he was asking those questions about "Do you ever wonder what it's like to drown?" (If he was actually that client, and there isn't some twist). I also don't think Drexler is the killer. However, I now have zero idea who the killer is.

I considered this and would have to go with "yes". All the photos of his wife and him on their mantle were fishing-related and on boats/docks, too. Maybe we all assumed she was in a car accident, but perhaps it was a drunken boating accident or something that launched the former Mrs. Richmond.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 11:35 PM)

I haven't read the books, but I believe this season is only covering the first book of the series.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 08:58 AM)
That can't be the case, as it was only just renewed this week. It began as a mini-series, and it will be resolved next week.

"Day Twelve" was out of this world fantastic. I still don't know how they can resolve the description of "Orpheus" as a short guy with curly brown hair talking about his basketball arena, because that's not Richmond.

INTERESTING.

Yeah there's no way they'd reveal the killer an episode before the finale. I am certain it's to throw the audience off.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 05:47 PM)
I couldn't finish season 1. I loved the show, but could not watch it by myself. Felt like I needed someone else to watch it with.

I'd love to re-watch it again. I'll watch it with you...in a manly way of course...

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)

Jealousy of Richmond and Rosie? And I hope you are just guessing and not flat out telling us who it is.

Probably explains it all. Just guessing.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 11:35 PM)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
I haven't read the books, but I believe this season is only covering the first book of the series.

This is correct. The first season covers the first book, Game of Thrones. There's three more books already published, a fifth due this summer and a planned 6th and 7th. That'll probably be another 10 years though at this rate.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)
This is correct. The first season covers the first book, Game of Thrones. There's three more books already published, a fifth due this summer and a planned 6th and 7th. That'll probably be another 10 years though at this rate.

Costco has all 4 books in a set for $19.99 if anyone is interested in reading them.

Anyone watching Swamp People? I just busted through the first season in about 4 days. It's basically Deadliest Catch with alligators. I'm going to New Orleans in Sept. for a bachelor party and really want to go alligator hunting now...

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
Costco has all 4 books in a set for $19.99 if anyone is interested in reading them.

I have them but that is an excellent deal. The first 2 and a half (which is all I've read so far) are very good and very long.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 05:56 PM)
?

I get distracted way too easily when I'm watching a show of that intensity and drama by myself, I can usually only watch comedies by myself. Same is true for movies.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)
I get distracted way too easily when I'm watching a show of that intensity and drama by myself, I can usually only watch comedies by myself. Same is true for movies.

Wouldn't someone else being there provide more distraction? Usually I can never watch a serious show with more than like 1 or maybe 2 other people.