2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 07:32 PM)
Hating Jesse Pinkman is impossible.

I love when he is trying to come up with a street name and comes up with "Diesel". So hilarious.

I've recently started watching Sons of Anarchy and it's safe to say I'm hooked. Knocked out the first season on Netflix this week and started season 2. Good stuff so far.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
I love when he is trying to come up with a street name and comes up with "Diesel". So hilarious.

I've recently started watching Sons of Anarchy and it's safe to say I'm hooked. Knocked out the first season on Netflix this week and started season 2. Good stuff so far.

SOA is simply fantastic, especially season 1&2, season 3 drags on a bit but is still very good (especially the final episode, which makes the whole season worth it). I've got high hopes for season 4, I think they will learn form their mistakes and keep building on what is a already one of the best shows out there.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 10:24 PM)
I'm in the middle of Breaking Bad season 3, and it's the best so far. And his wife is somehow becoming more and more of a b****, which was a tough thing to do.

Season 3 completely blew me away. Such amazing TV.

Can't wait for Season 4 to premiere in a few weeks.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
SOA is simply fantastic, especially season 1&2, season 3 drags on a bit but is still very good (especially the final episode, which makes the whole season worth it). I've got high hopes for season 4, I think they will learn form their mistakes and keep building on what is a already one of the best shows out there.

Pretty solid SOA writeup so i won't bother repeating. I love that show.

Excited that Breaking Bad season 3 has finally come out on blu ray/dvd....will allow me to dvr season 4 while I get through season 3 on blu ray.

On another note, so I started watching The Shield since I've heard so many great things about it over the years but never managed to see it. I did this with The Wire and am very happy I took the time to go back and watch it. But I must admit I am not really feeling The Shield. I guess it's interesting that the main character is so flawed, and I'm sure that is part of the draw, but I just find the production value to be a bit weak and the acting sort of uninspiring. Not even close to The Wire thus far.

Does it get better as the show got more successful/popular?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
Excited that Breaking Bad season 3 has finally come out on blu ray/dvd....will allow me to dvr season 4 while I get through season 3 on blu ray.

On another note, so I started watching The Shield since I've heard so many great things about it over the years but never managed to see it. I did this with The Wire and am very happy I took the time to go back and watch it. But I must admit I am not really feeling The Shield. I guess it's interesting that the main character is so flawed, and I'm sure that is part of the draw, but I just find the production value to be a bit weak and the acting sort of uninspiring. Not even close to The Wire thus far.

Does it get better as the show got more successful/popular?

I've never watched the Shield, but I have on intentions of doing that anytime soon. Pretty sure the Wire has ruined every other cop show that I'll ever watch again.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 12:54 AM)
For some reason I decided to watch the 1st episode of Franklin & Bash....wow, this is awful

I hate you. :lolhitting

I find it hilarious, if not a bit dumb. JASON ALEXANDER NEXT WEEK!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 09:58 AM)
I hate you. :lolhitting

I find it hilarious, if not a bit dumb. JASON ALEXANDER NEXT WEEK!

I enjoy it as mindless entertainment as well. I'll watch and not feel like my hour was wasted.

AMC begins re-airing the first 3 seasons of Breaking Bad starting tonight

So if you want to check it out they'll be airing 3 eps a night so set your DVRs

you'll be hooked after the first 2 episodes

Starts at 1AM - and airs 3 eps a night up until the July 17th premiere of Season 4

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 01:28 AM)
Wow, the final scenes of season 3 of Breaking Bad!

6353 Wantabo, Apartment 6.

Yeah.

BOOM!!! I f***ing got such a rush of adrenaline when he said that s***. Pumps me up every time I see that scene!

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

"Wilfred" sucks. Oh wow, you can make a guy in a dog suit hump a teddy bear. It's not original, it's just stupid. There is zero thought put into that moronic show, and there is there zero reason for a dog's persona to smoke and drink.

FX greenlit a pile of s*** here.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
"Wilfred" sucks. Oh wow, you can make a guy in a dog suit hump a teddy bear. It's not original, it's just stupid. There is zero thought put into that moronic show, and there is there zero reason for a dog's persona to smoke and drink.

FX greenlit a pile of s*** here.

LOL

I cordially disagree. I find it to be weirdly entertaining.