2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 11:43 AM)
Over the past few weeks I've been watching Breaking Bad, and I'm hooked. I'm about halfway through the 3rd season now and it's just been fantastic.

Two things I just don't like so far:

1) Skylar, she turned into a mega b****

2) Hank, they are killing his character's personality that I loved in the first two seasons.

I agree....but this is the corner they pointed themselves into making Skylar such a dope and Hank a DEA agent whose brother-in-law happens to be the best meth cook in the entire southwest. Keep watching though, Skylar's character does get a little better.

I'm on season 4 of the Shield, and I am just wondering if the guy who plays Captain Aceveda, Benito Martinez, gets a little frustrated with the role they continue to create for his character. I would not be a huge fan of having to play that role if I were a successful actor...

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
I want to seriously injure Brendan and Rachel. Nobody should ever be the way that they are.

Yeah, thankfully Brendan is going home tonight, though I obviously wish it were Rachel. She thinks she's such a good player, but her social game is f***ed. She's the equivalent of Russell on Survivor. The social game is half of it, so you'll never win.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
I want to seriously injure Brendan and Rachel. Nobody should ever be the way that they are.

I know!!! I loved the one girl talking in the diary room how that during the Veto they were talking to each other like they would in bed, that was HILARIOUS!!!!!

QUOTE (MEANS @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
I know!!! I loved the one girl talking in the diary room how that during the Veto they were talking to each other like they would in bed, that was HILARIOUS!!!!!

How many times does he need to say how proud he is of her???

And FYI to them, winning comps doesnt mean s*** until the end of the game. "Floaters" have pretty much won every BB since it started.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
How many times does he need to say how proud he is of her???

And FYI to them, winning comps doesnt mean s*** until the end of the game. "Floaters" have pretty much won every BB since it started.

Who would you consider a floater who has won in the past. Closest one I can think of is Jordan. I didn't see season 4 and 5 though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 05:46 PM)
Who would you consider a floater who has won in the past. Closest one I can think of is Jordan. I didn't see season 4 and 5 though.

Last season the Brigade were major floaters.

Off the top of my head

Season 2,3,4,6,9,10

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 06:39 PM)
Last season the Brigade were major floaters.

Off the top of my head

Season 2,3,4,6,9,10

Not sure about that. They were a lucky alliance but alliance none the less. I can see the winners of 3 and 9 being floaters.

Read that Johnny Bananas is sueing Entourage because he had JOHNNY BANANAS copyrighted.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 07:26 PM)
Not sure about that. They were a lucky alliance but alliance none the less. I can see the winners of 3 and 9 being floaters.

Read that Johnny Bananas is sueing Entourage because he had JOHNNY BANANAS copyrighted.

They were floaters. Enzo and Lane only won at the end.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 07:16 AM)
Felix, they had a marathon on IFC this past weekend of the Aussie version of Wilfred. I agree it's a tad darker. I also like the love interest more in that version. The one on the F/X series makes me want to punch the screen whenever I see her. I find her incredibly annoying.

Definitely agree. I think the Aussie version is just a much better show. It's not to say I don't enjoy the American version, but the Aussie version is simply better all around.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)
Heh.

Bored at work on Friday afternoon. Had no idea that pretty much every character on Big Brother gets caught naked and a website has them all categorized. Jordan loves showing her bewbs.

Look up Britney from last season.

Britney_Haynes_TW360x360.gif

Edited by Brian

Every season I have so many questions regarding the Sea Shepard organization (Whale Wars).

- Why don't they get faster engines or faster boats? They're always having trouble catching up or shaking a tail.

- Why doesn't each vehicle have at least 5 of those canons to shoot bottles of butyric acid at the other ships?

- Why don't they have a 2nd helicopter pilot in order to take turns going out? They lost the Nishin Maru this year because the pilot was exhausted after a 19 hour day in the air.

- Can't they have a spy in Japan that lets them know when the whaling fleet leaves port? Maybe even put one of those tracking devices on the ship.

Last night was your typical "Cranston rocks" episode.

Can anyone help me with the first scene? I obviously am forgetting something about last year.

Nevermind. Read the Sepinwall review.

Edited by Brian

I finally got around to starting Mad Men. Netflix finally got around to putting up the first 50 episodes or so. I think i'm up to episode 10 or 11 now. I heard it starts slow but gets going in second season. I hope that's true. I know lots of people here like the show.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)
Heh.

Bored at work on Friday afternoon. Had no idea that pretty much every character on Big Brother gets caught naked and a website has them all categorized. Jordan loves showing her bewbs.

What site?