2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)
The Challenge:Rivals Finale tonight!!!!

I'm holding out hope that CT can pull a win in the jungle, but I don't see it happening. The way he carries the team kind of reminds me of the Sox.

CT = Paul Konerko

Adam = Adam Dunn

I don't believe tonight is the finale. They'll have that jungle last for 30 minutes alone.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
Wrong subforum.

I was talking about Adam on "The Challenge: Rivals". He is the only reason CT won't win $100k. He f***ing grabs the wrong balls AND can't walk up a f***ing dirt hill while CT tries to carry him.

God damn, I'm all about being in shape, but I think I need to turn myself into a CT. You only live once.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 12:19 AM)
I was talking about Adam on "The Challenge: Rivals". He is the only reason CT won't win $100k. He f***ing grabs the wrong balls AND can't walk up a f***ing dirt hill while CT tries to carry him.

God damn, I'm all about being in shape, but I think I need to turn myself into a CT. You only live once.

I know, I was just making a joke because Adam Dunn is also worthless right now.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 12:20 AM)
I know, I was just making a joke because Adam Dunn is also worthless right now.

Keep the Adam Dunn-ness out of threads that don't involve the White Sox. F*ck that *also worthless* piece of s***!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
Adam is worthless

Awful. it's one thing to lose because he is smaller, but another to lose because you were grabbing the wrong f***ing color balls. CT didn't deserve to go out like that. I was hoping there would be more hits in that jungle though.

Michael & LeRoy have a good chance I think. That food poisoning is gonna get to Tyler, Kenny is sucking, & Wes has choked in a final challenge before. Go Rookies.

re Breaking Bad. Finally got around to seeing last Sunday's episode.

What's everyone make of Gus/Mike faking the whole attack on Jessie? I don't get the purpose for that. If they were going to kill him they had ample opportunity. I'm guessing that it was to give his life a "purpose" and get him more focused. Make him think he's a part of the "team" instead of just being a lab assistant. Maybe the end game is to get him to turn on Walt? To make sure they have two people that know the recipe? Mike didn't look very happy about the whole thing.

Also, Walt is an idiot. Something Sepinwall brought up in an interview with Gilligan before the season started was how Walt and Skylar are so different. Skylar takes her time and analyzes everything about a situation (buying an expensive bottle of champagne for example was a concern for her, Walt never thought about it). For as smart as Walt is, he's also an idiot. That was clearly evident in this episode where he barges into a situation he hasn't thought through (cameras everywhere, potential back-up for Gus just a quick phone call away) and then doesn't realize that the more he talks about Gale the more he's opening himself up to trouble later.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 09:18 AM)
Man, the story behind Frank Darabont being fired from The Walking Dead makes me think that AMC is going to f*** that series up hardcore.

http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-frank-d...amc-aco-127783/

Ugh, that's disheartening. It certainly makes you feel like the guy running things at AMC is a douche. The one ray of hope was that they mentioned that other stations have the money to pick up a good show, which would hopefully happen if AMC bungles this thing.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 09:22 AM)

What's everyone make of Gus/Mike faking the whole attack on Jessie? I don't get the purpose for that. If they were going to kill him they had ample opportunity. I'm guessing that it was to give his life a "purpose" and get him more focused. Make him think he's a part of the "team" instead of just being a lab assistant. Maybe the end game is to get him to turn on Walt? To make sure they have two people that know the recipe? Mike didn't look very happy about the whole thing.

Also, Walt is an idiot. Something Sepinwall brought up in an interview with Gilligan before the season started was how Walt and Skylar are so different. Skylar takes her time and analyzes everything about a situation (buying an expensive bottle of champagne for example was a concern for her, Walt never thought about it). For as smart as Walt is, he's also an idiot. That was clearly evident in this episode where he barges into a situation he hasn't thought through (cameras everywhere, potential back-up for Gus just a quick phone call away) and then doesn't realize that the more he talks about Gale the more he's opening himself up to trouble later.

The attack is interesting. I wonder where Gus is going with that.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 09:22 AM)

It think he most definitely knew that talking about Gale would make trouble for him later. He's an egomaniac now, and I really think he's addicted to the power and adrenaline rush of knowing that he's being chased after. That same thing goes for barging into Pollos Hermanos with a gun. He wouldn't be where he is without doing some crazy s***, and I think he knows that. So he keeps doing it, and it makes him feel alive.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:40 AM)
Ugh, that's disheartening. It certainly makes you feel like the guy running things at AMC is a douche. The one ray of hope was that they mentioned that other stations have the money to pick up a good show, which would hopefully happen if AMC bungles this thing.

Glad that writer has all of his money riding on a "losing money" venture like HBO. I mean, yeah it sucks they fired him, and yeah it sucks they cut the budget and want to continue the show "on the cheap," the fact is they paid an assload to keep Mad Men, the series that put AMC on the map, and they just struck a deal for one more season of Breaking Bad, another huge hit.

I'm with AMC on this one. The Walking Dead was fine, but it was 6 episodes. 6 episodes of see it once, that's all you need programming. Mad Men and Breaking Bad will continue making AMC money long after they end. More important to keep those shows going 100% than The Walking Dead IMO. And really I think the audience for Walking Dead is easier to please than Mad Men. I'm still going to watch even if I don't see 60 extra zombies in the background.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)

It think he most definitely knew that talking about Gale would make trouble for him later. He's an egomaniac now, and I really think he's addicted to the power and adrenaline rush of knowing that he's being chased after. That same thing goes for barging into Pollos Hermanos with a gun. He wouldn't be where he is without doing some crazy s***, and I think he knows that. So he keeps doing it, and it makes him feel alive.

Yeah that's a good point.

Sepinwall on last weeks Breaking Bad. Calls this coming episode one of the best of the series.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-wat...holding-the-bag

CT should of just picked Adam up and carried him up that hill. And F Jenn. She maybe a bigger hobag than Paula. The way they celebrated after Johnny and Tyler won was embarassing than says she is sad to see Adam go. Whatever.

I predict a Tyler and Johnny win and probably Evelyn and Paula.

I hate Kenny but the guy is hilarious. "Jenn and Mandi are probably not gonna win but they will make a nice little whirlpool."

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
Glad that writer has all of his money riding on a "losing money" venture like HBO. I mean, yeah it sucks they fired him, and yeah it sucks they cut the budget and want to continue the show "on the cheap," the fact is they paid an assload to keep Mad Men, the series that put AMC on the map, and they just struck a deal for one more season of Breaking Bad, another huge hit.

I'm with AMC on this one. The Walking Dead was fine, but it was 6 episodes. 6 episodes of see it once, that's all you need programming. Mad Men and Breaking Bad will continue making AMC money long after they end. More important to keep those shows going 100% than The Walking Dead IMO. And really I think the audience for Walking Dead is easier to please than Mad Men. I'm still going to watch even if I don't see 60 extra zombies in the background.

I'm not sure that I agree with your theory that the Walking Dead is a show you only watch once. Hell, I've already re-watched the episodes when I saw them on. And I think the fact that the show gave them their highest numbers lends to the theory that they will be watchable again and again.