2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
I'm not sure that I agree with your theory that the Walking Dead is a show you only watch once. Hell, I've already re-watched the episodes when I saw them on. And I think the fact that the show gave them their highest numbers lends to the theory that they will be watchable again and again.

I don't see much replayability there. You watch the show to see what happens next, but there's not a ton of character development or set up that you might have missed earlier. They go from crazy situation A to crazy situation B. I guess I just see a show like MM or BB having extended runs on other networks.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 11:43 AM)
I don't see much replayability there. You watch the show to see what happens next, but there's not a ton of character development or set up that you might have missed earlier. They go from crazy situation A to crazy situation B. I guess I just see a show like MM or BB having extended runs on other networks.

Totally disagree. These people are all learning how to live and survive, like Milkman I have also rewatched the series. I cant wait to see what happens between the wife and best friends.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 11:43 AM)

It's only been six episodes. There has been some decent character development in that short period of time. I think we have to see where they go with a full season.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 07:50 AM)
Awful. it's one thing to lose because he is smaller, but another to lose because you were grabbing the wrong f***ing color balls. CT didn't deserve to go out like that. I was hoping there would be more hits in that jungle though.

Michael & LeRoy have a good chance I think. That food poisoning is gonna get to Tyler, Kenny is sucking, & Wes has choked in a final challenge before. Go Rookies.

I REALLY enjoyed Cara Maria owning Wes in that argument. He had no come back and basically shut up. If he wasnt teamed with Kenny he would have been the odd man out episodes ago.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
I REALLY enjoyed Cara Maria owning Wes in that argument. He had no come back and basically shut up. If he wasnt teamed with Kenny he would have been the odd man out episodes ago.

No doubt. How can a 27 year old who dumps a bottle of cola on a woman call her out for being immature?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 11:57 AM)
No doubt. How can a 27 year old who dumps a bottle of cola on a woman call her out for being immature?

Or comments about how the conversation could go 1 of 2 ways and one of those ways would result in her crying.

Seriously...what kind of a man are you? Pretty pathetic.

I'm rooting for Laurel and Cara and the new guys. I don't have a problem with Johnny and Tyler but I have to think the food poising at some point will catch up to Tyler.

Was really dissapointed to see CT go down that way but I thought he handled the loss with class and I look forward to seeing him on the next challenge.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
Or comments about how the conversation could go 1 of 2 ways and one of those ways would result in her crying.

Seriously...what kind of a man are you? Pretty pathetic.

I'm rooting for Laurel and Cara and the new guys. I don't have a problem with Johnny and Tyler but I have to think the food poising at some point will catch up to Tyler.

Was really dissapointed to see CT go down that way but I thought he handled the loss with class and I look forward to seeing him on the next challenge.

Ok Wes make me cry

nobody likes you.

Is that all you got

Yeah.

So I don't really watch those MTV Challenge shows that have been on over the years, but I have caught enough of them through the years that I recognize most of the guys on it (I did used to watch Real World a few years ago). So anyway, I caught an episode of the Rivals thing late last night, and I have to say CT laid the hardest hit I've ever seen by non-athletes (pro sports). When they were doing that T-Bone game or whatever it was called, an CT crashed in to Tyler and the other dude, it was incredible. Haha, WOW.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
So I don't really watch those MTV Challenge shows that have been on over the years, but I have caught enough of them through the years that I recognize most of the guys on it (I did used to watch Real World a few years ago). So anyway, I caught an episode of the Rivals thing late last night, and I have to say CT laid the hardest hit I've ever seen by non-athletes (pro sports). When they were doing that T-Bone game or whatever it was called, an CT crashed in to Tyler and the other dude, it was incredible. Haha, WOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRuaGHd6VgU...feature=related

CT did this last season. Watch it. Sh*t yourself.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)

It think he most definitely knew that talking about Gale would make trouble for him later. He's an egomaniac now, and I really think he's addicted to the power and adrenaline rush of knowing that he's being chased after. That same thing goes for barging into Pollos Hermanos with a gun. He wouldn't be where he is without doing some crazy s***, and I think he knows that. So he keeps doing it, and it makes him feel alive.

Even though I know you're talking about a show that I don't watch and have no idea what is going on, I still have to look at the spoiler. It's so enticing, like opening a present from your lame aunt - you know you don't care about it but you still get to open a present. As such, I pass the gift on to you to you all

:booty

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)

Even though I know you're talking about a show that I don't watch and have no idea what is going on, I still have to look at the spoiler. It's so enticing, like opening a present from your lame aunt - you know you don't care about it but you still get to open a present. As such, I pass the gift on to you to you all

:booty

It didn't do too much to cover up the mooning smiley.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 10:35 AM)
Just like to reiterate that those of you who do not like Wilfred suck.

I'm sorry, but that show is retarded. My roomate and his girlfriend love it so i've watched a few episodes with them. I've tried to give it a shot but it's just so ridiculous. It's not the worst show ever, but I just don't see the appeal.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
I'm sorry, but that show is retarded. My roomate and his girlfriend love it so i've watched a few episodes with them. I've tried to give it a shot but it's just so ridiculous. It's not the worst show ever, but I just don't see the appeal.

+1

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 08:51 AM)

Do you have a dog? My favorite parts are Wilfred doing dog things but being a human.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 10:45 AM)
'American Horror Story', coming to FX, looks boss.

The teasers are very strange. But, from what I've read about it, I think I'll like it. What is it with FX and their marketing?

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)
Do you have a dog? My favorite parts are Wilfred doing dog things but being a human.

Yes. Always have.

I totally get the point of the show but it's just not funny to me. Are there funny moments? Yes, but they are far outweighed by the abusred "wtf?" moments for me. For example, the constant drinking and smoking - I mean, really? What is that supposed to add? If it's supposed to be a dog viewed as a human by the main character, having the dog doing things that aren't even remotely possible for a dog, or any animal to do, is just ridiculous

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
For example, the constant drinking and smoking - I mean, really? What is that supposed to add? If it's supposed to be a dog viewed as a human by the main character, having the dog doing things that aren't even remotely possible for a dog, or any animal to do, is just ridiculous

My thoughts exactly. If we're supposed to believe that it's a dog that can be spoken to, and acts like a dog in some cases, why is it smoking a f***ing bong?