2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
Yes. Always have.

I totally get the point of the show but it's just not funny to me. Are there funny moments? Yes, but they are far outweighed by the abusred "wtf?" moments for me. For example, the constant drinking and smoking - I mean, really? What is that supposed to add? If it's supposed to be a dog viewed as a human by the main character, having the dog doing things that aren't even remotely possible for a dog, or any animal to do, is just ridiculous

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
My thoughts exactly. If we're supposed to believe that it's a dog that can be spoken to, and acts like a dog in some cases, why is it smoking a f***ing bong?

These actually sound like reasons my grandfather would be opposed to watching the show.

"I don't understand. Dogs do not talk or smoke."

"This doesn't make sense."

"What time is Becker on?"

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
These actually sound like reasons my grandfather would be opposed to watching the show.

Ha. I guess CSI and Law & Order are the only shows some people watch because of the realism.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)
Ha. I guess CSI and Law & Order are the only shows some people watch because of the realism.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic about CSI/Law&Order because they aren't even close to being realistic and it could be that Wilfred definitely crosses into the line of stupidity. I'm not going to say the show itself is terrible, just nothing special.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 04:30 PM)

GET OFF MY LAWN

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic about CSI/Law&Order because they aren't even close to being realistic and it could be that Wilfred definitely crosses into the line of stupidity. I'm not going to say the show itself is terrible, just nothing special.

I don't watch them but they depict and represent themselve as somewhat realistic.

If people don't like Wilfred because they cant get past the fact the dog smokes weed and drinks, while missing what the show is, than it is not obviously for them.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 07:16 PM)
I don't watch them but they depict and represent themselve as somewhat realistic.

I used to watch the Law and Order shows, but the Wire basically guaranteed that I'll never watch a normal cop show again. I can't even stomach Law and Order episodes anymore.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 21, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
Ugh, another episode of Breaking Bad and little happened. It was still interesting as hell, but I'm just waiting anxiously for something to blow up.

I thought it was a great episode. I really think more than wanting to get caught, it is a matter of Walt's ego is getting too big for his own good. The reality is that he is some incredible bad ass that no one knows about who is responsible for a massive drug empire, and he can't tell anyone... His wife, his kid, his friends, no one. It is killing him, and that is why things keep leaking out. He doesn't want to be the wimpy ex-chem teacher with cancer, he wants to be Scarface or even "Heisenberg". He wants people to know he is a bad ass.

Though the greatest scene of that show was Walt running the "first" dollar through the machine to get a coke. I lol'd hard at that one.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 07:53 AM)

I thought it was a great episode. I really think more than wanting to get caught, it is a matter of Walt's ego is getting too big for his own good. The reality is that he is some incredible bad ass that no one knows about who is responsible for a massive drug empire, and he can't tell anyone... His wife, his kid, his friends, no one. It is killing him, and that is why things keep leaking out. He doesn't want to be the wimpy ex-chem teacher with cancer, he wants to be Scarface or even "Heisenberg". He wants people to know he is a bad ass.

Though the greatest scene of that show was Walt running the "first" dollar through the machine to get a coke. I lol'd hard at that one.

I loved his rant to Skylar. "I am the danger! I'm the one knocking on the door!"

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 09:33 AM)

I loved his rant to Skylar. "I am the danger! I'm the one knocking on the door!"

Like I said, I still enjoyed the episode a lot. I am just waiting for s*** to blow up. We all know it's coming, but we don't know when.

That

rant was awesome for sure, and the dollar thing at the car wash is just another example of how cold Walt has become.

QUOTE (onedude @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 09:59 AM)
watching the deadwood series now.....WOW, really great series...very entertaining....too bad it lasted 3 seasons though. Almost done with the First season.

I loved that series, but it would've been better if they ended it after the second season. Not that the third season was bad, but it was unexpectedly cancelled after it and (as you'll see) it didn't wrap itself up at all. At least after the second season, things seemed to be nicely settled and a cancellation wouldn't have been so hard to take.

There was talk of an HBO movie to wrap it all up, but that has been given up on. Ian McShane basically said it's not going to happen, although the crew wanted to do it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)
Thankfully there are only 3 more episodes of Entourage left. I've made it this far, so I might as well keep watching, even if it's a boring, uneventful show.

The only thing I got out of last night is that Vince couldn't get Alice Eve in the sack like he would have in the past. I can google nude pics of her anyway.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)
Getting rid of Sloan from the main storyline was a mistake.

I found her annoying as a character and the actress is incredibly overrated looks wise. Every line is delivered in the same tone.

Big Brother thought

Now that Jeff won the veto, hope he back doors Dani befire she has the chance to do it to him.

The whole back door process is kind of cheap, IMO. BB should do something next year where you can't use a player who did not compete for the veto that week as a replacement.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 01:16 PM)
I found her annoying as a character and the actress is incredibly overrated looks wise. Every line is delivered in the same tone.

Big Brother thought

Now that Jeff won the veto, hope he back doors Dani befire she has the chance to do it to him.

The whole back door process is kind of cheap, IMO. BB should do something next year where you can't use a player who did not compete for the veto that week as a replacement.

Thats the beauty of the POV though.

And Emmanuelle is not overrated.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 22, 2011 -> 01:16 PM)

I concur. She is a pretty girl, but I never understood why everyone anointed her one of the hottest girls in the world, never saw it. And I always found the Sloan/E plots a bit annoying.