2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 07:43 AM)
It is really getting good

Question #1 is was the gun they gave to Jesse loaded? Anyways, that cartel scene was spectacular. He offered them $50 million, and they didn't even blink.

After that, how about Hank getting back on to the wagon again? That was pretty damned impressive to get Gus and go fingerprint him from the little bit of evidence he had.

I think it was definitely loaded. They WERE at a tense meeting with the cartel, and I don't think right then was the time to test Jesse. And I love Hank. He's just as cocky as he ever was, but it's now a more subdued "inner" cockiness. Surviving the hit and slowly regaining his ability to walk and such is probably exactly what he needed.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)
Well, I kind of predicted the outcome of last night's Breaking Bad episode a few weeks ago. I need to go rewatch that episode of S3 though to find out what was touched.

I'm pretty sure it was the notebook. He asked if Gale could take over the cooking and Gale showed him his calculations.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
I think it was definitely loaded. They WERE at a tense meeting with the cartel, and I don't think right then was the time to test Jesse. And I love Hank. He's just as cocky as he ever was, but it's now a more subdued "inner" cockiness. Surviving the hit and slowly regaining his ability to walk and such is probably exactly what he needed.

I could have done without the Charger scene though. That was almost annoying with no one catching him while he blows up a car and then calls a cab.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
I could have done without the Charger scene though. That was almost annoying with no one catching him while he blows up a car and then calls a cab.

He did get caught though, as was explained by Saul in the next scene. He had to pay out the ass to make it go away (although really, he can piss away money like nobody else).

It's just another example of Walt becoming less and less careful. He's become an adrenaline junkie, and sooner or later it's going to come back to haunt him.

QUOTE (Felix @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 06:17 PM)
He did get caught though, as was explained by Saul in the next scene. He had to pay out the ass to make it go away (although really, he can piss away money like nobody else).

It's just another example of Walt becoming less and less careful. He's become an adrenaline junkie, and sooner or later it's going to come back to haunt him.

He didn't. Remember he said he took care of it before anyone knew about it?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)

I read your post as you were annoyed that no one found out about it. The fact that something was taken care of (and that the person they bribed was initially going for destruction of property for the exploding car) just tells me that he got caught, but that money solves every problem.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 06:17 PM)

I loved the scene when he was giving the money to Skylar. She was shocked that he makes so much money, and he's like "Well, 7 and a half to be exact, you know, before expenses."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)

Listen, you can do an awful lot with cash to avoid the authorities formally charging you with your crime. Hell, I lit our street on fire in college with a Molotov Cocktail and got a really expensive ticket for "fireworks".

Walt got a really expensive ticket for "burning garbage" and paid over 50k to make it go away. Some authorities were obviously involved... fire, police, but "Better Call Saul" took care of all of it.

That episode was amazing.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 06:21 AM)
I loved the scene when he was giving the money to Skylar. She was shocked that he makes so much money, and he's like "Well, 7 and a half to be exact, you know, before expenses."

Expenses of course being blowing up a $30,000 car.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 06:30 AM)
Has anyone stuck with WEEDS? I stopped after third episode. Wondering if it's worth a marathon on demand if nothing else is on.

I stopped watching after last year's finale. I probably should have done that a year or 2 earlier.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 08:45 AM)
Is there any doubt now that Breaking Bad is the best show on tv, not only for the writing, but also for the acting. Aaron Paul. My God. That scene at the church meeting was epic.

I truly feel it's been the best program on television since episode 1. Bryan Cranston is so fantastic... to be someone with such great comedic chops (always cracked me up on Seinfeld and Malcolm in the Middle) and to play this incredibly dramatic role of Walter White. He is amazing.

I'm excited to see him in "Drive" next month.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 08:53 AM)
I truly feel it's been the best program on television since episode 1. Bryan Cranston is so fantastic... to be someone with such great comedic chops (always cracked me up on Seinfeld and Malcolm in the Middle) and to play this incredibly dramatic role of Walter White. He is amazing.

Yeah, no doubt the guy is gifted. It is the only show that I have to watch right now, on TV at this point.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 08:45 AM)
Is there any doubt now that Breaking Bad is the best show on tv, not only for the writing, but also for the acting. Aaron Paul. My God. That scene at the church meeting was epic.

It's definitely the best, in my opinion. The acting all around is incredible. Cranston has been this good from the very beginning, but Aaron Paul and some other key actors have gotten better and better as the seasons have progressed. I know I've made this parallel a dozen times before, but the same thing happened with the Sopranos. Actors that didn't come off very good in the first couple of seasons really came into their own over time (Silvio/Paulie/Bobby and Hank/Marie).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 08:53 AM)

Funniest Malcolm In The Middle Scene Ever

This was hilarious at the time, but to go back and watch it again knowing his work in Breaking Bad makes it even better.