2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 07:30 AM)
Has anyone stuck with WEEDS? I stopped after third episode. Wondering if it's worth a marathon on demand if nothing else is on.

I have stuck with Weeds so far. Only because it's only like 26 minutes of my week, so it's not a big deal to catch up w/ it online when I'm bored. Plus, I love me some Andy and Doug antics.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)
I thought the finale was pretty solid.

I would have preferred to have the fates of Ronnie and Vic reversed, I think...but in the end, the fate left for Vic might be worse for him personally than what Ronnie was left to face.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 01:03 PM)
I would have preferred to have the fates of Ronnie and Vic reversed, I think...but in the end, the fate left for Vic might be worse for him personally than what Ronnie was left to face.

I'd definitely agree with the bolded.

I feel that the series would have been even better if they stopped it a season or 2 earlier. Overall it was solid but it was a little tedious in some of the mid to later seasons.

Vic's fate was his perfect Hell. Jail wouldn't have bothered him, he'd just run things there. In fact, a show where Vic Mackey was in jail would be epic. The Shield meets Oz, holy s***.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
Vic's fate was his perfect Hell. Jail wouldn't have bothered him, he'd just run things there. In fact, a show where Vic Mackey was in jail would be epic. The Shield meets Oz, holy s***.

I don't know...would he have been killed pretty quickly?

One would have to think he would have been killed pretty quickly on the streets had he really been running things that way...

I thought the Shield's last season was pretty awesome. I would have thought for sure Walter Goggins would have gotten an Emmy nod for it. He was awesome. It was sad to see but not unexpected to see Vic throw Ronnie under the bus. (Almost didn't recognize Ronnie the other day on Leverage)

Like a couple others here I'm quickly working my way through the first few seasons of Mad Men. I'm just past the halfway mark in Season three. All i can say is that kid Glenn is damn creepy.

QUOTE (juddling @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 07:15 PM)
I thought the Shield's last season was pretty awesome. I would have thought for sure Walter Goggins would have gotten an Emmy nod for it. He was awesome. It was sad to see but not unexpected to see Vic throw Ronnie under the bus. (Almost didn't recognize Ronnie the other day on Leverage)

Like a couple others here I'm quickly working my way through the first few seasons of Mad Men. I'm just past the halfway mark in Season three. All i can say is that kid Glenn is damn creepy.

Goggins is good on Justified as well. Vic throwing Ronnie under the bus was just a choice between Ronnie and his family. The last half of the final season is some of the best tv I have ever seen, which made up for the lackluster previous season. One of the best shows seasons 1-7 that anyone could ask for though.

The best Rescue Me episode of the season last night. Too bad it's the next to last one.

So it looks like everyone gets killed off. I imagine, however, that there will be more to the story. Someone survives, maybe, wracked with guilt...who knows.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 06:02 AM)
The best Rescue Me episode of the season last night. Too bad it's the next to last one.

So it looks like everyone gets killed off. I imagine, however, that there will be more to the story. Someone survives, maybe, wracked with guilt...who knows.

this season has been pretty lame as far as i am concerned. i am tired of all the drinking references

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)
this season has been pretty lame as far as i am concerned. i am tired of all the drinking references

Agreed. There isn't even a real storyline. Just the same stuff from the past 3 years.

Crazy final scene. Hate what they showed in preview for series finale.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)
With the 10th anniversary of 9-11 coming up, I highly recommend "Rising" on NatGeo. Great show so far judging by the first episode.

Seriously, the show is so incredibly powerful. It just brings the raw emotions back, without of the usual footage of 9/11.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 1, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
Seriously, the show is so incredibly powerful. It just brings the raw emotions back, without of the usual footage of 9/11.

It is really good.

Why is it taking so long to build tower one?

I watch Build it Bigger and it just seems like this project is taking forever.

Trump Tower took like four years I thought from the first driving of the caissons until it was opened and Tower One is not that much larger.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 09:16 AM)
It is really good.

Why is it taking so long to build tower one?

I watch Build it Bigger and it just seems like this project is taking forever.

Trump Tower took like four years I thought from the first driving of the caissons until it was opened and Tower One is not that much larger.

There was years of lawsuits and fighting over everything from insurance claims, to the design of the building. It hasn't been pretty.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 09:19 AM)
There was years of lawsuits and fighting over everything from insurance claims, to the design of the building. It hasn't been pretty.

I wasn't talking about the planning/design and what not. Didn't they break ground in early 2006 and do not have the shell up?

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
I still find it comical that Kalia thinks she's hot.

She does. What world does she live in?

If they can get Kalia out next week, I think it will be Rachel and Jordan in the final 2 and Rachel should win. I don't see Porsche winning the next HoH which is usually a trivia type game with 4 left. Kalia rocks at those so get her out.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
She does. What world does she live in?

If they can get Kalia out next week, I think it will be Rachel and Jordan in the final 2 and Rachel should win. I don't see Porsche winning the next HoH which is usually a trivia type game with 4 left. Kalia rocks at those so get her out.

Yeah, I'm just glad that you know who won that HoH.