2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 09:39 AM)
Another great Breaking Bad last night. Gus's story is just awesome. I also love that the cartel guy is the old star from Scarface.

I knew I recognized that guy. And yes, Gus is one bad motherf***er. I love the way he so casually got Hector's nephews killed and smugly informed him of how it happened.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 03:21 PM)
Don't worry, only one more left. Although I thought this past one wasn't bad, a great improvement over the rest of the season.

It just doesn't come off as a series finale. I know they want to make a mObie but the stuff they are doing is lame and nothing new. If Vince ends up with Alice Eve, it will be awful.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)
I knew I recognized that guy. And yes, Gus is one bad motherf***er. I love the way he so casually got Hector's nephews killed and smugly informed him of how it happened.

really, really curious to know what his chilean backstory is now.

I'm also leaning towards Walter's cancer coming back at some point, amybe to give him motivation to go away with a bang.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)

I'm also leaning towards Walter's cancer coming back at some point, amybe to give him motivation to go away with a bang.

It will be interesting to see what kills Walter, Cancer or one of his enemies.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)

I think the cancer has to come back for sure, as that is the obvious and likely end to the series. And next season is the final one.

Completely agreed on wanting to know the Chilean story. They've done an incredible job on that show of expanding much further than just Walter. So many intriguing characters, and they're really giving each one of them their own mini-storyline. I can't wait for Mike's.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 09:17 AM)
I think the cancer has to come back for sure, as that is the obvious and likely end to the series. And next season is the final one.

Completely agreed on wanting to know the Chilean story. They've done an incredible job on that show of expanding much further than just Walter. So many intriguing characters, and they're really giving each one of them their own mini-storyline. I can't wait for Mike's.

Not only that, but how do Gus and Mike connect, along with Saul. That is an odd combo of people.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 09:21 AM)
Not only that, but how do Gus and Mike connect, along with Saul. That is an odd combo of people.

Breaking Bad this weekend was amazing. Interesting how much Gus and his partner starting out mirrors how Walter and Jessie started out (with a bang).

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)
Is Sons of Anarchy worth getting into? My wife and I are looking for a new show and that one has been around long enough that people must like it.

I don't watch it but it always bothered me seeing clips/commercials of these guys and they look too unrealistic in my eyes. I'd envision a biker gang looking much dirtier and extremely tan and leathery skinned. These guys look a little too clean.

EDIT: Just look at that picture a few posts up. Do they get their jackets dry cleaned each week?

Edited by BigSqwert

Is Sons of Anarchy worth getting into? My wife and I are looking for a new show and that one has been around long enough that people must like it.

I finally talked my buddy into watching the first few seasons, and he called himself an "idiot" for not starting earlier.

It's a show about a biker gang. It has to be pretty f***ing amazing for so many people to love it. I can't recommend enough.

Definitely worth it. I was a little skeptical going in...I think we started watching the DVDs when the series was in it's second or third season. Now we're caught up and have to wait for each new episode. I recommend.